Man arrested for killing a schoolteacher in rape attempt

webfact

Man arrested for killing a schoolteacher in rape attempt

image-2-wpcf_693x413.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- A man has been arrested for allegedly killing a female teacher who resisted his attempted rape.

The gruesome murder took place at the victim’s apartment room in Tambon Kaeng Khoi, Kaeng Khoi district of Saraburi on Friday night.

The suspect, 27-year Chatri Ruamsoonnern, who stays in the same apartment next to the room of the victim, Ms Chularat Towanna, a school teacher, was arrested by police the next day.

Chatri reportedly admitted that he killed Ms Chularat. He told the police interrogators that he fell in love with the schoolteacher for quite some time because she was good looking.

On Friday night, he said he decided to slip into the victim’s room after the light in her room was off by unlocking the door from the inside through a gap in the window mesh. He admitted he tried to rape her but she resisted his attempt and cried for help so he decided to use a knife which he carried with him to slash her throat.

Police, on Sunday, took the suspect to the apartment for a re-enactment of the crime but decided to call it off for fear that the suspect might be attacked because many people were gathering to witness the re-enactment.

Police said that the suspect had served a two-year jailterm for rape and was released last year.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/170995-2/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-07-04

An especially heart rending case.

The victim was a sweet faced young woman who her students must have loved dearly. She had a bachelors degree from Chulalongkorn University, and had been teaching at a private school for 3 years, earning 15,000 baht/month. According to her parents she set aside money to help them out, and planned to continue her studies. She was well-mannered, and friendly to everyone. Her parents are devastated by her death, never imagining something like this could happen.

post-215904-0-25246000-1467582715_thumb.

2 years for rape, but 50 for selling a few tablets.. BS. I feel desperately sorry for the victim and her family, an awful waste of life. I just hope the justice system does a better job of sentencing this time, nothing less than 25 years would suffice, but that said he really should get the death penalty.

Also the re enactment thing is farcical, I know it makes the cops look good and everything (in their eyes at least), but it surely has no purpose, and actually does more harm than good as a lot of the time the alleged perpetrator almost gets lynched which adds to the fuel to the fire of the argument that the keystoners are only fishing for approval

If you can give the death penalty to two foreigners without definitive evidence proving guilt,

then surely you can give the death penalty to a Thai that admitted his guilt. Admission shouldn't be

that that makes you a great guy therefore we'll reduced your sentence. The man is a murderer and a rapist!

Something must be done to permanently get rid of these scums.

RIP the girl, I'm so sorry for her grieving parents.

Well the public should be protected from a convicted rapist for somewhat longer than 2 years.

2 years for rape, but 50 for selling a few tablets.. BS. I feel desperately sorry for the victim and her family, an awful waste of life. I just hope the justice system does a better job of sentencing this time, nothing less than 25 years would suffice, but that said he really should get the death penalty.

Also the re enactment thing is farcical, I know it makes the cops look good and everything (in their eyes at least), but it surely has no purpose, and actually does more harm than good as a lot of the time the alleged perpetrator almost gets lynched which adds to the fuel to the fire of the argument that the keystoners are only fishing for approval

did he get one of those royal pardons?

We have an alcohol free day coming up soon courtesy of the PM. While he is at it would he also like to nominate a rape and murder free day?

As if either constraints are going to make a scrap of difference.

Whoever sentenced him to two years in the past should serve some time with him for criminally negligent homicide. The problem with law enforcement in most countries is that members of the legal profession are not held accountable for their mistakes.

If you can give the death penalty to two foreigners without definitive evidence proving guilt,

then surely you can give the death penalty to a Thai that admitted his guilt. Admission shouldn't be

that that makes you a great guy therefore we'll reduced your sentence. The man is a murderer and a rapist!

But he is Thai..........get my point?

There are strict female only apartments in Thailand for a reason.

The impulsive, idiot Thai men that cannot control their emotions or simply act civilly.

Many are barely 2 swings from the jungle.

In the time of the Asian empires, the royalty was served by eunuchs to prevent rapes. I think that the minimum punishment for rapist will be castration plus jail....just because its will happens again, and again , every time it is back to freedom.

There are strict female only apartments in Thailand for a reason.

The impulsive, idiot Thai men that cannot control their emotions or simply act civilly.

Many are barely 2 swings from the jungle.

Every day this country gets more and more like Saudi

Police said that the suspect had served a two-year jail term for rape and was released last year."

So now a murderer while raping his victim. How can we punish him this time? Suggestions please.

A rhetorical question I believe.

RiP you poor girl..so much to live for, yet all taken away by a rapist..(who despite being in prison for a previous sexual attack STILL got a job

as a teacher..??)

Condolences to the family also.

(will we be shocked when he escapes any conviction or jail-time by choosing to be a monk, & 'hiding' in a Thai temple along with many other offenders)

an unfinished life... very sad... I trust that his testicles are chopped off.

He actually carried the knife with him. Obviously for use if necesary. And if he had managed to get the job done, would he have used the knife anyway? Probably, because alive she could had ID'ed him.

Yep, use the same knife to remove said testicles, then life imprisonment. As a eunuch he might get to be on the recieving end of the daily rape fest in jail.

What an absolutely shame a mob didn't lynch this A hole.

He told the police interrogators that he fell in love with the schoolteacher for quite some time because she was good looking. <snip>

he decided to use a knife which he carried with him to slash her throat.

Must have loved her dearly, the sick bastard.

rip.

What a lovely girl, with such a bright future.

Hopefully your family will get fair justice so that you can rest in peace.

The photograph at the top of this article shows large group of people. The police should have brought Mr Chatri Ruamsoonnern, the rapist, to meet them.

Justice would have been swift and effective.

it is tragic for the parents to loose such a

lovely and caring child.

the offender went prepared with a deadly tool

to finish off the victim.

some countries are considering capital punishment

to combat rape issues.

severe punishment is definitely warranted in rape

and violent cases.

Police said that the suspect had served a two-year jail term for rape and was released last year."

So now a murderer while raping his victim. How can we punish him this time? Suggestions please.

B500 fine &1 week good behaviour bond.

Seriously:-

1) cut out his testicles, no anesthetic.

2) 50 lashes, yearly on the anniversary of his crime, with a Cat-o-9tails.

3) Brand the soles of his feet with a red-hot branding iron.

4) 20 years in the monkey house.

5) Hard labour, & l mean smashing up stone, in the heat of the day.

6) When he has completed his sentence, a heavy caliber slug through the back of his head.

He has forfeited his right to live in any civilization.

RiP you poor girl..so much to live for, yet all taken away by a rapist..(who despite being in prison for a previous sexual attack STILL got a job

as a teacher..??)

Condolences to the family also.

(will we be shocked when he escapes any conviction or jail-time by choosing to be a monk, & 'hiding' in a Thai temple along with many other offenders)

?? Where does it say he was a teacher?