UK Independence Party chief Nigel Farage quits

webfact

Being a pro-EU myself, I think that it is quite good that Europe can finally get rid of the UK.

In a short time, both the EU and the UK will be just fine.

But about Farage and Johnson, I think that when it comes to leaving the boat... the word "rats" is indeed suitable. Or cowards maybe?

But, after all, the Brexit will probably be smoother without them.

Edited by gerry1011

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Surely you don't believe anything the IMF says or for that matter any other independent financial organization. I gather that was one of the core argument of the Brexiters especially Farage that these organizations had all been wrong about UK entry to the Euro unfortunately they were never able to provide any evidence of that support for the UK entering the Euro.

I've always thought the £ was over valued and that UK economics were unsustainable. Nothing to do with Brexit.

Really and what level do you think it should be at and more importantly where do you see it at in the future. Every time Farage was confronted with that scenario all he could say was "SO WHAT,"such empathy.

For the purposes of household budgeting, between 40-45.

I've stated this in a post above.

I've always thought the £ was over valued and that UK economics were unsustainable. Nothing to do with Brexit.

I thought that about the USD and the Euro too.

Then there's the Chinese who make everything, and they don't seem to be doing well either.

And yet, there's plenty of food to go around, oil is plentiful, as are raw materials, and there haven't been any serious wars for a while.

It's all a complete puzzle to me.

Edited by MissAndry

Being a pro-EU myself, I think that it is quite good that Europe can finally get rid of the UK.

But about Farage and Johnson, I think that when it comes to leaving the boat... the word "rats" is indeed suitable. Or cowards maybe?

Johnson never left the boat...he was pushed over the side with a knife in his back

Farage has done exactly what he said he would do...

How do you feel about Cameron?

But getting back on topic, I'd appreciate a link to Farage's resignation speech.

Surely you don't believe anything the IMF says or for that matter any other independent financial organization. I gather that was one of the core argument of the Brexiters especially Farage that these organizations had all been wrong about UK entry to the Euro unfortunately they were never able to provide any evidence of that support for the UK entering the Euro.

Really and what level do you think it should be at and more importantly where do you see it at in the future. Every time Farage was confronted with that scenario all he could say was "SO WHAT,"such empathy.

I recall the flak that Labour took when the banking crisis hit in 2007/08 and the pound went down, well Farage and this bunch of clowns have a set a new low but I guess that is okay. At least then it was not the public finances so much as the private finances that took the pound down, who are we going to pin the blame on this time?

I recall the flak that Labour took when the banking crisis hit in 2007/08 and the pound went down, well Farage and this bunch of clowns have a set a new low but I guess that is okay. At least then it was not the public finances so much as the private finances that took the pound down, who are we going to pin the blame on this time?

Fairly obvious I would have thought - brexit.

The banks ruining the economy received a slap on the wrist and taxpayers money to bail them out. The seriously annoying thing (to many UK voters) was that a fair amount of that money went towards maintaining bankers salaries/bonuses and pensions.

It will be interesting to see how the brit. govt. does its best to continue the 'gravy train' for the 'elite' in both the private and public sector.

Back to the topic, I'm still waiting for a link to Farage's resignation speech.

Mark Carney today

Basic message from @bankofengland: financial system was facing growing problems before Brexit. They haven’t gone away & now we’ve got others

And

Carney replies that there is “growing evidence” that the economy was slowing, even before the referendum.

And it is probably experiencing a “material slowing”, despite the foreign exchange moves.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2016/jul/05/mark-carney-to-outline-bank-of-englands-brexit-stability-moves-business-live

How many times has it been said that the UK was in financial trouble, even before a Brexit.

What is fantastic for all the head in sand people is that they now have something to blame.

There are a lot of wannabe warriors on here who are vindictive of peoples views. Nigel Farege had a view and this view has brought him and his family death threats. Nobody should have to put up with that. The morons who call him a coward and traitor are despicable. Family is the most important thing for anyone and if they are threatened and you have achieved your goal then saying enough is enough, is more than honourable. Nigel Farage has made a massive impact on the modern day political forum. 40 or 50 years ago he would have been seen as a labour. workings mans hero.

He has also shown the greatest political divide in the UK and the undemocratic practices of the EU, an organisation that was a dictatorship and lie from the beginning. Regardless if you disagree with his politics, the man has made an amazing impact and has been the catalyst for the break of the UK from the EU and possibly, the rest of Europe. If half of the people on here, had half of the guts and tenacity Nigel Farage had, then I would like to see who would not quit if you or your family are threatened. Just think about that heroes.

Edited by Laughing Gravy

There are a lot of wannabe warriors on here who are vindictive of peoples views. Nigel Farege had a view and this view has brought him and his family death threats. Nobody should have to put up with that. The morons who call him a coward and traitor are despicable. Family is the most important thing for anyone and if they are threatened and you have achieved your goal then saying enough is enough, is more than honourable. Nigel Farage has made a massive impact on the modern day political forum. 40 or 50 years ago he would have been seen as a labour. workings mans hero.

He has also shown the greatest political divide in the UK and the undemocratic practices of the EU, an organisation that was a dictatorship and lie from the beginning. Regardless if you disagree with his politics, the man has made an amazing impact and has been the catalyst for the break of the UK from the EU and possibly, the rest of Europe. If half of the people on here, had half of the guts and tenacity Nigel Farage had, then I would like to see who would not quit if you or your family are threatened. Just think about that heroes.

Top post of the day for me.

Some people have balls, other just speak 'em.

Farage was in the first category.

Mark Carney today

Basic message from @bankofengland: financial system was facing growing problems before Brexit. They haven’t gone away & now we’ve got others

And

Carney replies that there is “growing evidence” that the economy was slowing, even before the referendum.

And it is probably experiencing a “material slowing”, despite the foreign exchange moves.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2016/jul/05/mark-carney-to-outline-bank-of-englands-brexit-stability-moves-business-live

How many times has it been said that the UK was in financial trouble, even before a Brexit.

What is fantastic for all the head in sand people is that they now have something to blame.

Good grief someone quoting experts and especially the Bank of England whose warnings were completely ignored. I recall pre Brexit any financial reports on the economy and Brexit was being totally ignored after all they had all got it wrong before when they recommended the UK join the Euro. That was the mantra Farage, Gove and Boris sang on every interview when confronted with the consequences of Brexit it was all dismissed because those same experts had said the same about joining the Euro. The problem is that Farage was never able to produce anyone recommending that we join the Euro. When confronted with the IFS report by Andrew Marr that is what he claimed but of course he was lying and we can all remember Gove's dismissal of experts.

Mark Carney today

And

Good grief someone quoting experts and especially the Bank of England whose warnings were completely ignored. I recall pre Brexit any financial reports on the economy and Brexit was being totally ignored after all they had all got it wrong before when they recommended the UK join the Euro. That was the mantra Farage, Gove and Boris sang on every interview when confronted with the consequences of Brexit it was all dismissed because those same experts had said the same about joining the Euro. The problem is that Farage was never able to produce anyone recommending that we join the Euro. When confronted with the IFS report by Andrew Marr that is what he claimed but of course he was lying and we can all remember Gove's dismissal of experts.

The man ( Carney) should be shown the door, his marching orders, sacked. His blatant position for the remain campaign and then his climb back after the vote is unforgiveable. I would not trust him with my piggy bank as a 5 year old. He is/was meant to be impartial as the governor of the bank of England. Mervyn King made him look like an amateur, at the monopoly table.

The only part of your post that I agree with is that he has had an "amazing impact" on the UK and Europe. For me, the impact has been amazingly negative and I am delighted to see the back of him.

No.
This man will cause the ruin for many who have made the mistake of believing in his promises.
The consequences will be absorbed by the wealthy, but those who already struggled to finish the month will be severely affected.
There will be poverty and unhappiness among the most fragile, some even decide that life is decidedly too hard, you can be certain.
All this to flatter the ego of this gentleman and desire for return to an archaic UK folded on itself.
So yes, to my non-British eyes the threats he has received are just a backlash.

No.

This man will cause the ruin for many who have made the mistake of believing in his promises.

The consequences will be absorbed by the wealthy, but those who already struggled to finish the month will be severely affected.

There will be poverty and unhappiness among the most fragile, some even decide that life is decidedly too hard, you can be certain.

All this to flatter the ego of this gentleman and desire for return to an archaic UK folded on itself.

So yes, to my non-British eyes the threats he has received are just a backlash.

As you say,to my non-British eyes.

This man is a breath of fresh air to politics. He is not establishment, even if you disagree with him has had the same conviction throughout his political career. He doesn't change sides or his believes. Have a look at this when Jeremy Paxman tried to shout him down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_pXXur1d_Q

Even then his figures were not far off. If Churchill is considered a True British legend and I don't totally disagree with that, although he was ousted out of power. Only Mandelson has equalled that honour in government.. Farage has been an amazing influence on British politics, who never actually became a British/UK MP

The only part of your post that I agree with is that he has had an "amazing impact" on the UK and Europe. For me, the impact has been amazingly negative and I am delighted to see the back of him.

Well that's OK but I wont threaten to kill you or your family. In fact I am happy for you. for having an opinion. If negative is staying in the EU that's fine. I won't be offering to buy you a drink or threatening your life.

The man ( Carney) should be shown the door, his marching orders, sacked. His blatant position for the remain campaign and then his climb back after the vote is unforgiveable. I would not trust him with my piggy bank as a 5 year old. He is/was meant to be impartial as the governor of the bank of England. Mervyn King made him look like an amateur, at the monopoly table.

What that be the same King that woke up after the banking crisis that was crashing about him and told us how dreadful it all was.

The B of E board was unanimous in its warnings on Brexit and I think Carney's record as a Central Banker will never sink to the level that King managed to achieve. Even Farage conceded a mild recession well we are going to see how mild is mild.

Well that's OK but I wont threaten to kill you or your family. In fact I am happy for you. for having an opinion. If negative is staying in the EU that's fine. I won't be offering to buy you a drink or threatening your life.

You're too kind! Hopefully the hostile climate surrounding Brexit will dissipate. Farage's exit from the scene may assist this.

The loudest screamers pinch their tails.

Now it comes the escape from the responsibility.

Instead to help cleaning up the mess at home, he prefers to run to Brussels, to pick up there his fat EU payment check for himself.

What a pubic crab.

This post is only worthy of a response to highlight the magnificent Intellectual superiority of some remainers.

Having resigned as Party Leader Farage is unemployed in the UK. He is however, still an elected MEP. So by running to Brussels he is actually doing what he is paid to do.

As he is not part of the UK sitting Government he will most likely have no part in the exit negotiations. Therefore he is not running away from anything.

The point you miss of course is UKIP are still around will play a part in the public debate over where the nation goes from now, that debate will play a part in the decisions parliament make (the decisions will be made by Parliament).

We non of us know which way the economy is going, the 'EU Deal' Farage promised, the new dawn of Britain Farage promised have not yet turned up, might never turn up. The freedom from EU laws and regulations, the return of control over the nation's boarders that Farage promised, these have not yet turned up, and might never turn up. The money redirected from the EU to the NHS, well we know now that was a lie.

Farage made lots of promises - UKIP are still around and when people start asking for delivery on the promises Farage will of course point to the 'people in power' and say 'they never delivered' - dodging the fact that he Farage made promises that cannot be met.

To maintain access to the EU, the UK is going to be subject to EU laws and regulations, to the EU's freedom of movement and will continue to pay for the EU. All matters that the UK currently has a say in as a member of the EU, all matters that the UK will have no say in once the UK leaves the EU.

The UK will have no control over the EU post Brexit but will be subject to the EU.

Brexit will deliver exactly that EU that Farage said we need to escape.

That's why he has sneaked off with his chum Boris.

The point you miss is that my post is factually correct.

Whereas yours is nothing but speculation. Not one part of your post can currently be substantiated.

What public debate do you refer to ? I believe that the public has spoken in the form of voting to leave the EU and that will probably be the last of public input and the rest will be done by Politicians, Civil Servants and Legal Eagles.

Of course, if you know better, post a link so that we can ALL read about the upcoming public debate.

I have highlighted a few facts for you.

If you disagree with these points, let's not get into an argument about it now, let's come back to it later when we see what deal the UK gets from the EU.

If of course the UK government signs Article 50.

What that be the same King that woke up after the banking crisis that was crashing about him and told us how dreadful it all was.

The B of E board was unanimous in its warnings on Brexit and I think Carney's record as a Central Banker will never sink to the level that King managed to achieve. Even Farage conceded a mild recession well we are going to see how mild is mild.

Mild is not a Tsunami and politicians have already made themselves look ridiculous. Cameron, Osborne, Clark, Blair and all the other idiots who prophesied a complete Armageddon. So yes King did not run to the toilet and crap himself. He was a little more level headed. As for the BOE board. They are through and through, establishment bankers, totally for the EU. You have lost that argument straight away.

Edited by Laughing Gravy

Mild is not a Tsunami and politicians have already made themselves look ridiculous. Cameron, Osborne, Clark, Blair and all the other idiots who prophesied a complete Armageddon. So yes King did not run to the toilet and crap himself. He was a little more level headed. As for the BOE board. They are through and through, establishment bankers, totally for the EU. You have lost that argument straight away.

Farage said 'Mild', don't go assuming what Farage said is a fact. He's already demonstrated his ability to lie.

The BoE have today announced they are releasing £150Billion into the economy and Carney is warning of 'crystallising risks' while the value of the pound continues to fall.

Perhaps this was the Brexit plan to reduce immigration - wreck the economy.

Instead to help cleaning up the mess at home, he prefers to run to Brussels, to pick up there his fat EU payment check for himself.
What a pubic
crab.

This post is only worthy of a response to highlight the magnificent Intellectual superiority of some remainers.

Having resigned as Party Leader Farage is unemployed in the UK. He is however, still an elected MEP. So by running to Brussels he is actually doing what he is paid to do.

As he is not part of the UK sitting Government he will most likely have no part in the exit negotiations. Therefore he is not running away from anything.

The point you miss of course is UKIP are still around will play a part in the public debate over where the nation goes from now, that debate will play a part in the decisions parliament make (the decisions will be made by Parliament).

We non of us know which way the economy is going, the 'EU Deal' Farage promised, the new dawn of Britain Farage promised have not yet turned up, might never turn up. The freedom from EU laws and regulations, the return of control over the nation's boarders that Farage promised, these have not yet turned up, and might never turn up. The money redirected from the EU to the NHS, well we know now that was a lie.

Farage made lots of promises - UKIP are still around and when people start asking for delivery on the promises Farage will of course point to the 'people in power' and say 'they never delivered' - dodging the fact that he Farage made promises that cannot be met.

To maintain access to the EU, the UK is going to be subject to EU laws and regulations, to the EU's freedom of movement and will continue to pay for the EU. All matters that the UK currently has a say in as a member of the EU, all matters that the UK will have no say in once the UK leaves the EU.

The UK will have no control over the EU post Brexit but will be subject to the EU.

Whereas yours is nothing but speculation. Not one part of your post can currently be substantiated.

What public debate do you refer to ? I believe that the public has spoken in the form of voting to leave the EU and that will probably be the last of public input and the rest will be done by Politicians, Civil Servants and Legal Eagles.

Of course, if you know better, post a link so that we can ALL read about the upcoming public debate.

If you disagree with these points, let's not get into an argument about it now, let's come back to it later when we see what deal the UK gets from the EU.

I cannot see it happening.

How do you feel about Cameron?

But getting back on topic, I'd appreciate a link to Farage's resignation speech.

You could look here.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-36702468

What a pubic
crab.

I cannot see it happening.

But if it is signed are you going to spit the dummy and threaten to buy the house next door to "Grouse" in Berlin ?

You can hardly blame him for resigning after what happened to Jo Cox. It only needs one mentally ill remainer to get close to him. He had already increased his personal protection, so can understand wanting to get back to a normal life.

Personally, I think the country owes him a debt of thanks for his part in bringing the whole EU farce to a head.

Quite....what had become very apparant over this whole Brexit thing is the so called "remainers" are anti-democracic facists and as fanactical in their beliefs akin to the national socalists in 1930s Germany

Wow! Just <deleted> wow.

Seems I'm in the minority. He's a scumbag, worse than any of the immigrants he's vilified. We are known for standing our ground and fixing problems, not pulling up the drawbridge and hiding in our now, very little corner of the world. I am rather ashamed to be English.

I am also ashamed that you are English.

This man has done his job - a constant battler against the EU gravy train.

His job in the UK is done, he will continue as an MEP until we are out.

And I'm just as ashamed of you for riding the bandwagon. I was a soldier and we fought the enemy, we didn't run away from them. Touche.

So who you want to fight? The EU controllers? The immigrants? Who? So when you were a soldier you never employed withdrawal tactics to preserve your forces? You fought to the death because anything less would be cowardly? Not related to General Custer are you?

Guesthouse.

You have highlighted no facts. What you have highlighted are assumption, mostly made by Nigel Farage and or UKIP. As highlighted above, you have made points, not provided facts.

Farage and or UKIP, incase it has escaped your attention, will probably have as much input into the Brexit negotiations as I will, assuming of course that they actually happen.

Everything between now and that deal ( whatever it is going to be ) being signed up is nothing more than speculation, regardless of who says it.

Facts can be demonstrated and qualified / quantified. Assumptions are totally different. Try learning the difference.

When the 2008 financial crisis hit all King did was wring his hands and state how terrible it all was. Carney on the other hand was well prepared in the event of a Brexit so your silly remark about running to the toilet is just that.

You obviously have difficulty reading, Farage said it would be a mild recession well we will have to wait and see wont we after all once we get out of the EU the Brexiters promised that the sky is the limit, well we shall also see about that. Its very noticeable that now we are on the way out the principle Brexiters are running for the hills they don't want any part in the mess they created well apart from Gove and even the Tory party are not stupid enough to make him PM.

When are you going to stop this infantile response every time some financial body states their opinion? You have no facts its just as Gove says, experts who needs them they were all wrong on the Euro. Just try and find even the B of E advising that we should have joined the Euro even that would justify what you are saying but then you never let facts get in the way of any of your remarks.