Mystery tree that 'bears fruit in the shape of WOMEN' found growing in Thailand

webfact

I'd bought one of the dried ones in Ta Prachan 20 years ago. Just thought the shape interesting. Passed on the preserved fetus. I thought it might come in handy to scare the neighbours but chum vetoed on the basis of it releasing a malevolent spirit which I might have difficulty in controlling.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

60 years ago, the BBC had their viewers believing not only money grew on trees. Some on this forum may be old enough to have seen the original broadcast with a typically plummy voiced narration.

Thats great, I assume it was an April fool BBC prank.

I am too young to remember but I was told that the radio broadcast of War of the Worlds was done in a convincing live news style and had people panicking,, giggle.gif

This is old news. It's already been proven that they are just plastic dolls!

Though it doesn't stop the good old TV brigade using it to bash Thais again :)

And why should it, as the same stupid people that believe in praying to a mile marker no doubt believed this crock of s**t also.

The poll in the uk paper that printed this story has 12% either believing this story is real or are unsure.

2016, the year of stupid.

Worldwide.

2016? What you mean this is a recently fabricated story made to look old? that's brilliant. clap2.gif

Lol - pretty much every country has it's share of people who'll believe just about anything.

In the USA they think Wrestling (WWF/WWE, etc) is real ! And UFO abductions ! And the never-ending Kardashian drama ! And when someone scraps a piece of toast just right and makes it sort of look like a holy image, people flock from all around to see it and call it a miracle !

In England, when a church was hard up for cash the priests rigged a statue so that it appeared to be bleeding from it's eyes. Didn't take long for their money woes to disappear (though their scam was eventually uncovered). Some people actually believe there is a dinosaur still swimming in a loch in Scotland ! Leprechauns !

Crop Circles ! Aliens built the Pyramids ! Tooth fairies ! Over 3,000 different "gods" that man has worshipped since the dawn of time (that we know of) ! Bigfoot ! The list of fantastical ideas the people have believed in (and still do) is nearly endless and isn't limited to any one place or time ! Sheesh, 60(+) years ago a science fiction writer wrote some books and created a religion for the express purpose of making money and now millions of people really believe that aliens inhabit their bodies and that an evil alien brought billions of people to earth 75 million years ago and then murdered them by placing them around volcanoes and dropping hydrogen bombs into the volcanoes !

It's not just the Thai people that will believe almost anything.

Though it doesn't stop the good old TV brigade using it to bash Thais again smile.png

...and absolutely 100% rightfully so!

The ignorance and stupidity in this country is sometimes very hard to bare!

The ignorance and stupidity in most countries is hard to bear.. just different types of stupid.. an example is a 13 year old being able to legally buy a rifle from a private seller at a gun show in the USA!

Ah, but at least it's true, not like the OP. There is a BIG difference, though you might have missed it.

Gosh,reminded me of the Spaghetti tree in Ostea just outside Roma....I have a F tree in my house where it grows Swiss Francs but you need to water and wrap/stick 500 note round the trunk and come back after 10.months to wreap your reward

This is only July.

1 April is a long, long way away !

(from the article: "Gifts inspired by the Nariphon girls are now sold widely throughout Thailand, leading to many hoaxes.")

I saw this Bull. 20 years ago in a Thai magazine !!! ....

Folk who believe this need a brain transplant. The seed of the coco de mer palm in the Seychelles is the closest you'll get to a doris growing from a tree.

attachicon.gifcoco.jpg

Right you are ! The local name for it is 'coco fesse', which means butt-coconut smile.png

Nature is full of surprises and bizarre imitations : ever heard of a mushroom called 'phallus impudicus' ? I'm not kidding, it exists, and it stinks like hell biggrin.png

Edited by Yann55

The poll in the uk paper that printed this story has 12% either believing this story is real or are unsure.

Worldwide.

2016? What you mean this is a recently fabricated story made to look old? that's brilliant. clap2.gif

Nope.

I've noticed that this year the world is full of people doing particularly stupid things or believing in ridiculous stories.

The world is getting dumber.

12% of those who took part in the poll that ran alongside this story in the daily mirror either believed this story or were not sure its fake.

Beware, the stupid are everywhere.

Edited by Bluespunk

Worldwide.

Nope.

I've noticed that this year the world is full of people doing particularly stupid things or believing in ridiculous stories.

12% of those who took part in the poll that ran alongside this story in the daily mirror either believed this story or were not sure its fake.

And the pompous, judgmental old farts are just behind them.

Worldwide.

Nope.

Speak for yourself.

Nope.

Speak for yourself.

Tsk tsk, quite a childish answer BP, not worthy of you.

I sometimes enjoy your comments, honestly I do, but lately, I find that they've become quite judgmental, dogmatic and pedantic. Get off your high horse, you can do better than that. We can all be stupid at times, and you just proved it.

Speak for yourself.

Tsk tsk, quite a childish answer BP, not worthy of you.

I sometimes enjoy your comments, honestly I do, but lately, I find that they've become quite judgmental, dogmatic and pedantic. Get off your high horse, you can do better than that. We can all be stupid at times, and you just proved it.

12% believing or being unsure about this story rates as stupid. A worryingly high percentage of stupidity.

Mind as they are mirror readers, maybe that's a good sign, could have been much higher.

Now that is being judgemental.

As for my response to your post, read what you wrote and you may see why I replied as I did.

Edited by Bluespunk

Though it doesn't stop the good old TV brigade using it to bash Thais again smile.png

...and absolutely 100% rightfully so!

The ignorance and stupidity in this country is sometimes very hard to bare!

The ignorance and stupidity in most countries is hard to bear.. just different types of stupid.. an example is a 13 year old being able to legally buy a rifle from a private seller at a gun show in the USA!

clap2.gif

Oh for God's sake. Could these retarded people get any more lame?

What's going on in Thailand? Is it trying to qualify for the Stupidity Olympics?

Winnie

No chance, England will win. Two monkeys led the people away to the Brexit.