Check Inn 99 lands bigger, better home (with rooftop)

webfact

On 05/07/2016 at 5:14 AM, Agent Sumo said:

Can't see the Nana pissheads and cruise ship entertainment fans going all the way down there

Rubbish, meaningless comment. A bitter projection of personal inadequacy. Have you ever been to Thailand...Bangkok...or any cosmopolitan city?

41 minutes ago, Senechal said:

The charm of the old place is that it was hopelessly out of date. It was a relic from an earlier time in Bangkok. Hard to imagine how they'll make a new "old relic". 

I liked the old place but it was smelly, had cockroaches and a dreadful Philippine band. But I was loyal to it and still am...but the house band..cringingly bad..There can never be a need for a Philippine band in Thailand.

6 hours ago, The manic said:

I liked the old place but it was smelly, had cockroaches and a dreadful Philippine band. But I was loyal to it and still am...but the house band..cringingly bad..There can never be a need for a Philippine band in Thailand.

Lots of Filipino bands in Thailand (and in Cambodia and Vietnam), providing entertainment to loads of beer bars and pubs. The bands bring lots of business to those bars, which are usually packed on band nights. Some of them are pretty good, or as good as you're going to have in SEA. They provide music on a budget.

They always make you feel home there.

Friendliest staff and management there is.

I always liked the House Band. Makes you feel home, and their repertoire is amazing.

Sure, not everyone's cup of tea, but they are excellent in what they do.

On 05/07/2016 at 7:12 AM, dddave said:

"Jool's"?? Demise???

Say it isn't so.

Joolz had been sh*t for years with its curled up photos of faded customers. Even when the big fella was there it was entropic and cliqued up. A lesson in not resting on laurels. A far greater loss is the Golden Bar now  Hooters..

Edited by The manic

8 hours ago, The manic said:

Joolz had been sh*t for years with its curled up photos of faded customers. Even when the big fella was there it was entropic and cliqued up. A lesson in not resting on laurels. A far greater loss is the Golden Bar now  Hooters..

It was never a hangout for me so the clique around the bar was irrelevant to me.  My friends and I would always go directly to the always quiet upstairs dining room and enjoy ample and tasty meals served by friendly waitresses.

Never had to deal with the big dude.

The demolishing of Golden Bar was indeed sad.  Every time I sat on one of their stools I was aware that there were at that moment, thousands of guys worldwide, wishing they could be sitting where I was sitting.

Edited by dddave

4 hours ago, dddave said:

It was never a hangout for me so the clique around the bar was irrelevant to me.  My friends and I would always go directly to the always quiet upstairs dining room and enjoy ample and tasty meals served by friendly waitresses.

Never had to deal with the big dude.

The demolishing of Golden Bar was indeed sad.  Every time I sat on one of their stools I was aware that there were at that moment, thousands of guys worldwide, wishing they could be sitting where I was sitting.

Nice post. At one time Joolz was fairly unique but similar places serving similar food started up all over the city. Places need to rejuvenate themselves to stay afloat.