Latest in the Spate of Worldwide Ramadan Attacks: Thailand

webfact

Latest in the Spate of Worldwide Ramadan Attacks: Thailand
Rishi Iyengar

BANGKOK: -- Thai insurgent attacks have surged in Ramadan, with the latest bombing coming in a week that has also seen bloodshed in Turkey, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Indonesia

Two police officers were wounded in Thailand on Tuesday, when a bomb believed to have been placed under their vehicle detonated in the southern border province of Pattani.

The explosion took place at a border checkpoint in the Nong Chik district at around 11 a.m. local time, the Bangkok Post reported. Both officers, members of the country’s border patrol, were taken to a local hospital.

Full story: http://time.com/4392879/thailand-pattani-bomb-ramadan-terrorism/

-- TIME 2016-07-06

I don't think the latest bombing in the South by insurrgents was motivated by Ramadan. They've been continously attacking both civilian and military people for decades. Attacks were on the wane during the Yingluck regime but have surged again during the Prayut regime.

A father of one of the wealthy and educated Bangladeshi jihadists claimed that his son was "brainwashed" (source BP). I don't think he was admitting his own complicity in the process which began at a very early age.

I don't think the latest bombing in the South by insurrgents was motivated by Ramadan. They've been continously attacking both civilian and military people for decades. Attacks were on the wane during the Yingluck regime but have surged again during the Prayut regime.

The Shinawatra propaganda machine produces another unsupported "fact". Tell me, do you attribute this alleged lull to Yingluk's charming personality, the Thaksin secret intervention or the Chalerm negotiations?

The Thai economy is failing because it's a part of a global slowdown.

If the Ramadan attacks in Thailand are a part of a global surge, it must be considered that the insurgents In Thailand are a part of a global surge. They would probably be linked to other insurgent groups.

But the Thai government is determined to say it's a local phenomenon, driven by local conditions. The second part of that may be right but I doubt the first is. You can't have it both ways, even though that would be politically convenient for the illegitimate junta government. The insurgency in the South is either a small local problem or it's linked to a global problem. One or the other. not both. The problem is that Thailand fears the justification for external intervention or inspection. They don't want foreigners to see at close quarters what the 'Royal' Thai Armed Forces get up to.

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

Ramadan-Bombathon-2016.jpg

Nice, now how many of those kills were fellow Muslims ?

To me it seems that Muslims suffer far more at the hands of these extremists than other religions. That kinda shows that these attacks are done by fanatics.. and not mainstream Muslims who are targeted by these terrorists.

^^^^ Hey Siam122 got anything from this century?

Of course not, but he keeps in store the crusades and Inquisition smile.png

Have a look at the link in post 9 slick

this century? 1994 and not in the name of christianity anyway.

Surged again during the Prayut regime?

http://patanipost.net/2016/01/06/violence-in-thailands-deep-south-hits-historic-low/

Reported that violence in the South during 2015 fell to its lowest level in more than a decade.

Ramadan-Bombathon-2016.jpg

Nice, now how many of those kills were fellow Muslims ?

To me it seems that Muslims suffer far more at the hands of these extremists than other religions. That kinda shows that these attacks are done by fanatics.. and not mainstream Muslims who are targeted by these terrorists.

It does not seems to you only its obvious, but the problem is how to separate the wheat from the shaft, a real problem for westerns and for Muslims countries as well. For instance the latest attack in Bengladesh where they killed the 20 non Muslims in the restaurant with machetes, mostly Italians and Japanese, the terrorists were youngs men in their twenties mainly from middle class families, not bearded turbaned sinister looking fellows.