Ducati full throttle

JaiLai

Gotta laugh at some of the opinions here. As if Ducati are some sort of mythical motorcycle brand. Styling - to each their own. But at the end of the day - it is nothing more than a machine. And if the machine does not work - what use is it ? A bike you have to always wait to have repaired is not a bike, it is a pile of plastic, steel and rubber. Go to any landfill and see the same thing.

Mine works great. 11,400 kms of touring, weekend blasts, trackdays and city riding. Never missed a beat in 21 months of ownership.

Looks are subjective, but for me it's also one of top 5 best looking bikes I've ever seen. It brings a smile to my face just walking past it after a day at work.

What was the issue with your Ducati?

Are you talking about Scrambler ?

No, mine is a 899 Panigale but I just thought I'd bring some real world experiences to the thread to balance the posters simply repeating the tired old anecdotes that they heard in the local bar smile.png .

Eisfeld has had some real issues which in my opinion could have been sorted quickly by a more competent dealer, but my experience has been a positive one so I thought I'd share it.

• Like 2

Gotta laugh at some of the opinions here. As if Ducati are some sort of mythical motorcycle brand. Styling - to each their own. But at the end of the day - it is nothing more than a machine. And if the machine does not work - what use is it ? A bike you have to always wait to have repaired is not a bike, it is a pile of plastic, steel and rubber. Go to any landfill and see the same thing.

Mine works great. 11,400 kms of touring, weekend blasts, trackdays and city riding. Never missed a beat in 21 months of ownership.

Looks are subjective, but for me it's also one of top 5 best looking bikes I've ever seen. It brings a smile to my face just walking past it after a day at work.

No, mine is a 899 Panigale but I just thought I'd bring some real world experiences to the thread to balance the posters simply repeating the tired old anecdotes that they heard in the local bar smile.png .

Eisfeld has had some real issues which in my opinion could have been sorted quickly by a more competent dealer, but my experience has been a positive one so I thought I'd share it.

Glad to hear a positive response, I think that the worst thing about having a Ducati here in Thailand is that when something does go wrong your bike is going to be out of commission for a couple of months between your first appointment and parts arriving from the factory and getting installed, at least that has been my experience. I didn't have any issues with my Monster as far as service goes but I've had the Diavel in a couple of times but I still enjoy riding it and don't have any plans for getting rid of it any time soon. I have a Honda CB650F that I have for trips so I really don't mind being without the Diavel now and again but if you do have problems with a Honda you can ride it to Big Wing without an appointment and they will usually fix it on the spot, at the most you will be without your bike for a couple of days.

a Ducati is not for driving. this is how a precious jewel should be kept:

attachicon.gifDucati.jpg

thumbsup.gif I have an acquaintance in KL who has a Ducati MotoGp bike in his living room!

My plastic one whistling.gif looked like this. ( stock image)

bikepics-375797-800.jpg

Edited by VocalNeal

Glad to hear a positive response, I think that the worst thing about having a Ducati here in Thailand is that when something does go wrong your bike is going to be out of commission for a couple of months between your first appointment and parts arriving from the factory and getting installed, at least that has been my experience. I didn't have any issues with my Monster as far as service goes but I've had the Diavel in a couple of times but I still enjoy riding it and don't have any plans for getting rid of it any time soon. I have a Honda CB650F that I have for trips so I really don't mind being without the Diavel now and again but if you do have problems with a Honda you can ride it to Big Wing without an appointment and they will usually fix it on the spot, at the most you will be without your bike for a couple of days.

I wouldn't have one as an only bike either. I have a gsxr600 and Ninja 250 as well but I've never needed them to support the Ducati. The 250 especially is a better city bike so I use that for the day to day crappy stuff and the Ducati comes out at the weekend.

Everything has its place, if I was lucky enough to own a Ferrari I probably wouldn't drive it through Bangkok rush hour every day either, I'd have a Camry/Civic for the day to day grind.

• Like 1

cheesy.gif

I just say who not try it..

Some model Ducati it perfect for Thailand..

easy to steer and goes with any engine speed

Scrambler easy handling and goes from almost any RPM..

But in my opinion Monster more useful..

Pc

But yes Ducati - who creates fashion

then imitate rices

o yes is one of option... kept as jevelgigglem.gif .

rice cant..biggrin.png

cheesy.gif

Pc

then imitate rices

rice cant..biggrin.png

imitate rices.... You mean to say Ducati is immitating the Japanese bikes ?

Please give some examples which models Ducati copied .....

I can give you already 2 examples of Yamaha copying the Ducati scrambler concept (xsr700 and scr950) now they see the Ducati scrambler is such a sales success, Wonder when Honda will release a "retro" scrambler bike.

attachicon.gifDucati.jpg

1. You ride a Ducati, you don't drive it.

2. Exactly how many Ducati motorcycles have you ridden to come up with such a conclusion? What aspect didn't you like? The power? The sound? The handling?

Please enlighten us with your vast experience of this brand of motorcycle.

• Like 2

cheesy.gif

Pc

then imitate rices

rice cant..biggrin.png

imitate rices.... You mean to say Ducati is immitating the Japanese bikes ?

Please give some examples which models Ducati copied .....

I can give you already 2 examples of Yamaha copying the Ducati scrambler concept (xsr700 and scr950) now they see the Ducati scrambler is such a sales success, Wonder when Honda will release a "retro" scrambler bike.

Sorry my English.

Yes I mean japan bike immitating ducati.

Yep now scrambler in fashion stream.

Ducati do well job.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I've been keeping my eye on Scrambler forums for about two years, and I have noticed some owners have problems but that others don't. I am moving over to Thailand next summer, and I'm going to get a small bike for the city, most likely a Yamaha Exciter 150, and do some more homework on the Scrambler. I'd really like one as my big bike, but I don't want to be trailing to the dealer (190 km away) with problems, so maybe I'll end up getting a Yamaha MT-07.

• 1 year later...

Now I've been living in Thailand a while, I really want to buy a decent size bike that produces strong torque. Outright power is an irrelevance to me. The Ducati Scrambler seems to have reliability issues. Has anyone on here ridden the Yamaha SCR950, please?

On 08.04.2018 at 10:02 PM, XB12X said:

I didn't realise it was a Ducati thread, to be honest. I tapped 'SCR950' into the search and this thread popped up. It's not that new, anyway.

Piano more heavy than ducati. Less power. starts with a more expensive price... Why need piano?:))) 

On 08/04/2018 at 7:41 PM, XB12X said:

Now I've been living in Thailand a while, I really want to buy a decent size bike that produces strong torque. Outright power is an irrelevance to me. The Ducati Scrambler seems to have reliability issues. Has anyone on here ridden the Yamaha SCR950, please?

FT scrambler since Aug 2016, no issues to report.

Have put approx 11,000kms on it.

I also have a 2017 939 hypomotard.

Would consider selling the FT.......

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

XSR900 might be a good option for you. I have the MT09 which is pretty much the same bike with different styling and it's a great engine, very torquey.

That bike looks pretty nice. Quite similar to the Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle actually in terms of paint scheme. I would change the tank paint, headlight and indicators slightly. But a nice base! I need to find an MT09 for a ride some time, keep hearing great things about it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JonnyF said:

XSR900 might be a good option for you. I have the MT09 which is pretty much the same bike with different styling and it's a great engine, very torquey.

c3a2c2a9rogeryip-9522.jpg?quality=99&str

Same its mean. Same heavy, same less power same look cheap in detail ? :)

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, ardokano said:

Same its mean. Same heavy, same less power same look cheap in detail ? :)

Ummmm, not sure where to start here, but a quick Google will tell you that the XSR900 is a lot lighter, and puts out more power than the SCR950.

Looks are subjective (personally the only modern retros I like are made by Triumph), but I've seen it up close and it's a well put together bike. 

17 hours ago, eisfeld said:

That bike looks pretty nice. Quite similar to the Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle actually in terms of paint scheme. I would change the tank paint, headlight and indicators slightly. But a nice base! I need to find an MT09 for a ride some time, keep hearing great things about it.

I'll swap you a test ride when you get the S1000R! :biggrin:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, JaiLai said:

Sorry this is a bit off topic but does anyone have any experience / test ride or mate with BMW nineT?

Looks nice IMO but the price tag is 1M ++.....ouch!

Thanks.

Try to request one via the BMW Motorrad Thailand website and see if they can organize one for you. Probably somewhere around BKK if at all. Otherwise you might have to do what I do if you come from a country with bigger BMW footprint and sometimes visit the old home, do a testride there.

On 10/4/2561 at 8:41 AM, JaiLai said:

FT scrambler since Aug 2016, no issues to report.

Have put approx 11,000kms on it.

I also have a 2017 939 hypomotard.

Would consider selling the FT.......

Where in Thailand are you?

On 11.04.2018 at 8:16 AM, JonnyF said:

Ummmm, not sure where to start here, but a quick Google will tell you that the XSR900 is a lot lighter, and puts out more power than the SCR950.

Looks are subjective (personally the only modern retros I like are made by Triumph), but I've seen it up close and it's a well put together bike. 

Its topic about ducati. So I am compare with ducati ..;)