Made to measure clothing

sierra01

It is very hard to find real cotton, here. Also, the tailors cut the suits as if you were a mannequin and not going to be moving or lifting your arms....that's two things to watch out for. Expect the shirts here to last less than a year, the sleeves will shrink, and the trunk will expand, they will also need lots of ironing (unless they are heavy poly). I have a few Malaysian made LL Bean 100% cotton, that are 6 years old, and pretty worn out, but still great work shirts. Would probably run 3000 each, here, delivered (600 on sale in the US), but never seen anything tailor made here that would be remotely close in quality....I do think you could do well in Hong Kong for 1800 each.

It is very hard to find real cotton, here. Also, the tailors cut the suits as if you were a mannequin and not going to be moving or lifting your arms....that's two things to watch out for. Expect the shirts here to last less than a year, the sleeves will shrink, and the trunk will expand, they will also need lots of ironing (unless they are heavy poly). I have a few Malaysian made LL Bean 100% cotton, that are 6 years old, and pretty worn out, but still great work shirts. Would probably run 3000 each, here, delivered (600 on sale in the US), but never seen anything tailor made here that would be remotely close in quality....I do think you could do well in Hong Kong for 1800 each.

Nonsense - I've had at least 20-30+ shirts made over the past 5 years....Some I has made for day wear & some for casual evening wear....They asked for, and I supplied, a favorite shirt style sized correctly......Which they patterned after....The sleeves, colors, pockets are all pattern aligned to the nth degree - for all intent & purpose a custom designed & tailored shirt.....

I bought the materials upstairs at Worowat market.....Cotton for daytime, some sort of blend for the more colorful casual wear....

They are laundered with our clothes and hang dried/ironed & are about all I wear when we go outside the house.....

Without fail when in the US they are always complemented - as they are here.....

As of this time NOT ONE has lost shape, split seams, had shrinkage (material washed before sewn), or even lost a button.....

The selection & quality is much better more distinctive than store bought stuff <that's made in some sweat factory somewhere> - (I also have a lot of top quality "brand" clothes here & in the US that I now hardly ever wear from casual to formal wear)....

The ONLY thing I've found is the day wear shirts have faded to some degree - probably my fault for direct sun drying, which I've stopped - after the fact.....

I will be having another 15 or so made this year just to get some new colors & patterns.....

Again - these are about all I wear & some are 5+ years old & showing minimal wear....

So it can be done.....

Edited by pgrahmm