ALERT - dog poisoning

The Snark

I had the most lovely dogs poisoned by a neighbor who claimed they killed 40 of his ducks. Firstly he doesn't nor never had 40 ducks, secondly he would have surely asked for compensation if it did in fact happen (and I would have readily payed). He never spoke to us about it, just spread false rumors in the local market. But he did tell us he was going to kill our dogs which he did. The villagers then just said he was crazy as if that makes it ok. After he pumped out his fish pond I to out rice fields instead the klong which was just as far I went over and "discussed" it with him. Never had a problem in the years since. Interesting how someone who keeps ducks, chickens, geese, cows, horses and dogs could just kill someone else's pet for no reason.

How could they kill his ducks if your dogs (how many) were under your control all the time?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or you could be a responsible dog owner, keep your dog on your property. and not let it run around trying to bite people in the street and pooping everywhere.

Or you could join reality, they toss the bait/poison over your fence into your property.

If they toss it over your fence then it is easy to figure. Your dogs are annoying somebody massively. It is owners responsibility to prevent that. So it is likely they would prefer YOU get the poison and maybe the dog could get a new home and a new and responsible owner................ Just some "Food for thought"............... If the shoe fits--- wear it.............

Bullshit, there are many reasons they might poison a dog that have nothing to do with the dog.

OK Bullshitter......... Give me a few of those reasons.... LOL

Could one reason be that they really want to poison the owner but that carries a higher penalty if caught so they just get the dogs that the owner wouldn't control????????????

C'mon Bullshitter........... Put your money where your mouth is.....

Oh dear raw nerve hit dummies out toys next.

Just one case three doors away lovley old couple breed huskies have done for years. Proper kennel set up all dogs looked after in there own enclosure. Can not get onto road but older dogs allowed onto the couples drive and garden area. Someone wanted to buy a puppy couple said no (apparently the buyer has history of I'll treatment). Three weeks later 4 dogs dead of poisoning thrown over gate!!!!! 2+2 seems everyone knew it was him no proof.so there are other reasons

Hey you MAY have a winner.here and it COULD be SPECULATION....... although who knows about the dogs in kennels pissing off neighbors by howling and we have to accept your opinion of a 'lovely old couple'- they may in reality be a couple of thoughtless old geezers trying to make a business of raising dogs for profit in a non-business (residential) area. ... When there is a lot of dogs there is a lot of howling and barking and often at night (as the case near my home with dogs locked up but very very noisy). Their owners love their mutts (money in the bank) and don't pay any attention to the noise but............. but,.......... But, the neighbors that are kept awake all night and irritated by the noise don't share that feeling.

I form my opinions by percentages and if you consider the percentage of dogs being killed when they don't deserve it ....compared to the percentage of innocent people ( and young children) mauled or chased unnecessarily by dogs...........Then I form the opinion that it is better to lose a dog than to lose a child.......... can you disagree with that?????? Do you prefer to lose a child than to lose a dog??????

Compare it to the number of lives lost on the hiways to speeders, careless drivers, and drunks, they are out there EVERY DAY and they are just an 'accident waiting to happen'.................. Just as Soi dogs (loose dogs) and uncontrolled dogs are an 'accident just waiting to happen'....... Pity the 16 year old girl in Bangkok who recently had her face shredded (flaps of flesh hanging down in multiple areas of her face and head.) by a neighbor's dog that had no history of attacks, according to the owner. But WHY was that dog allowed to roam freely and now the girl is disfigured for the rest of her life. Do any of you think there is an 'excusable excuse' for that girls future???????

I just advocate that people's lives (and Children's lives) be considered first when you try to defend 'Dog's Rights' and advocate owner's becoming 'RESPONSIBLE PEOPLE' OF WHICH WE PRESENTLY HAVE A FEW WHO QUALIFY......................................

Good thing reincarnation is a myth.

It's true that it's very difficult to find a vet that will put down an animal unless there is a compelling medical reason.

Reincarnation is a myth......................I read somewhere that it was making a come back...............coffee1.gif

Good thing reincarnation is a myth.

It's true that it's very difficult to find a vet that will put down an animal unless there is a compelling medical reason.

Reincarnation is a myth......................I read somewhere that it was making a come back...............coffee1.gif

No don't believe it, and I didn't believe it when I was a frog.

I had the most lovely dogs poisoned by a neighbor who claimed they killed 40 of his ducks. Firstly he doesn't nor never had 40 ducks, secondly he would have surely asked for compensation if it did in fact happen (and I would have readily payed). He never spoke to us about it, just spread false rumors in the local market. But he did tell us he was going to kill our dogs which he did. The villagers then just said he was crazy as if that makes it ok. After he pumped out his fish pond I to out rice fields instead the klong which was just as far I went over and "discussed" it with him. Never had a problem in the years since. Interesting how someone who keeps ducks, chickens, geese, cows, horses and dogs could just kill someone else's pet for no reason.

How could they kill his ducks if your dogs (how many) were under your control all the time?

I had six dogs at the time and very occasionally they would wander over the "imaginary" line between our properties just as his cows and horses would graze on my land every day.

It is entirely possible that a dog of mine might have chased his ducks once or twice just like they do with mine. My dogs and birds have grown up together and get along swimmingly ( smile.png ), actually one of the dogs he killed was a trained duck dog used to herd the thousand ducks my Mother-in-law use to have before she and the dog moved up with us.

Between our lands here is just a few mostly buried markers and no fence as well as public access of one meter on their side of the irrigation canal that runs down one side of our adjoining properties.

He also had his paying customers access his pond by trampling across my property when he opened it up for fishing.

Never said nor would I want my dogs "under my control", but I'm sure they are not threat to anyone or anything. Also they are well fed, given shots etc as a well taken care of animal should be.

We live in a rural community where most people have dogs (and farm animals) and we all pretty much all do the same thing, fenced in homes to keep out the non-invited, animals and people, except our neighbor's cats which we don't particularly like but would never consider harming.

Actually just yesterday someone's water buffalo wandered onto the levee of my klong that separates the rice paddies and a field where my goats and sheep graze.

It trampled our corn so we just chased it back in the direction it came from. Just a fact of the lifestyle around here.

Most people make an effort to get along where I live, we help each other as well as sometimes put up with each other if the case arises.

And I can assure you nobody expect other's to control every aspect of their existence and for sure not control each other!!

Or you could be a responsible dog owner, keep your dog on your property. and not let it run around trying to bite people in the street and pooping everywhere.

Or you could join reality, they toss the bait/poison over your fence into your property.

If they toss it over your fence then it is easy to figure. Your dogs are annoying somebody massively. It is owners responsibility to prevent that. So it is likely they would prefer YOU get the poison and maybe the dog could get a new home and a new and responsible owner................ Just some "Food for thought"............... If the shoe fits--- wear it.............

Bullshit, there are many reasons they might poison a dog that have nothing to do with the dog.

Could one reason be that they really want to poison the owner but that carries a higher penalty if caught so they just get the dogs that the owner wouldn't control????????????

Just one case three doors away lovley old couple breed huskies have done for years. Proper kennel set up all dogs looked after in there own enclosure. Can not get onto road but older dogs allowed onto the couples drive and garden area. Someone wanted to buy a puppy couple said no (apparently the buyer has history of I'll treatment). Three weeks later 4 dogs dead of poisoning thrown over gate!!!!! 2+2 seems everyone knew it was him no proof.so there are other reasons

Hey you MAY have a winner.here and it COULD be SPECULATION....... although who knows about the dogs in kennels pissing off neighbors by howling and we have to accept your opinion of a 'lovely old couple'- they may in reality be a couple of thoughtless old geezers trying to make a business of raising dogs for profit in a non-business (residential) area. ... When there is a lot of dogs there is a lot of howling and barking and often at night (as the case near my home with dogs locked up but very very noisy). Their owners love their mutts (money in the bank) and don't pay any attention to the noise but............. but,.......... But, the neighbors that are kept awake all night and irritated by the noise don't share that feeling.

I form my opinions by percentages and if you consider the percentage of dogs being killed when they don't deserve it ....compared to the percentage of innocent people ( and young children) mauled or chased unnecessarily by dogs...........Then I form the opinion that it is better to lose a dog than to lose a child.......... can you disagree with that?????? Do you prefer to lose a child than to lose a dog??????

Compare it to the number of lives lost on the hiways to speeders, careless drivers, and drunks, they are out there EVERY DAY and they are just an 'accident waiting to happen'.................. Just as Soi dogs (loose dogs) and uncontrolled dogs are an 'accident just waiting to happen'....... Pity the 16 year old girl in Bangkok who recently had her face shredded (flaps of flesh hanging down in multiple areas of her face and head.) by a neighbor's dog that had no history of attacks, according to the owner. But WHY was that dog allowed to roam freely and now the girl is disfigured for the rest of her life. Do any of you think there is an 'excusable excuse' for that girls future???????

I just advocate that people's lives (and Children's lives) be considered first when you try to defend 'Dog's Rights' and advocate owner's becoming 'RESPONSIBLE PEOPLE' OF WHICH WE PRESENTLY HAVE A FEW WHO QUALIFY......................................

Well I base my thinking and rational not on % as you do but on hard facts. I live 3 houses away from kennels and I here the odd bark. They are a lovley old couple.

When a dog attacks someone and by attack I mean bite or seriously scratch then yes they should be put down. If a dog barks at someone to warn them off fair play that's what dogs do. Dogs in street I have no real problem with them they move as I aproach in car or motor bike. If I'm walking they just watch me. Rouge dogs attack all over the world but at the end of the day only a small few.

I had six dogs at the time and very occasionally they would wander over the "imaginary" line between our properties just as his cows and horses would graze on my land every day.

It is entirely possible that a dog of mine might have chased his ducks once or twice just like they do with mine. My dogs and birds have grown up together and get along swimmingly ( smile.png ), actually one of the dogs he killed was a trained duck dog used to herd the thousand ducks my Mother-in-law use to have before she and the dog moved up with us.

Between our lands here is just a few mostly buried markers and no fence as well as public access of one meter on their side of the irrigation canal that runs down one side of our adjoining properties.

He also had his paying customers access his pond by trampling across my property when he opened it up for fishing.

Never said nor would I want my dogs "under my control", but I'm sure they are not threat to anyone or anything. Also they are well fed, given shots etc as a well taken care of animal should be.

We live in a rural community where most people have dogs (and farm animals) and we all pretty much all do the same thing, fenced in homes to keep out the non-invited, animals and people, except our neighbor's cats which we don't particularly like but would never consider harming.

Actually just yesterday someone's water buffalo wandered onto the levee of my klong that separates the rice paddies and a field where my goats and sheep graze.

It trampled our corn so we just chased it back in the direction it came from. Just a fact of the lifestyle around here.

Most people make an effort to get along where I live, we help each other as well as sometimes put up with each other if the case arises.

And I can assure you nobody expect other's to control every aspect of their existence and for sure not control each other!!

You have admitted that your dogs have chased the ducks, do you think it is possible that on one occasion that they actually caught the ducks and killed them or are you going to be like most other dog owners and remain in denial. Is it a case of my dogs would not do anything like that?

post-195509-0-95638400-1468042035_thumb.

chrissables, No keyboard warrior here, comprende' ese'? I'm in Udon, usually Soi Sampan, sometimes in Nong Khai. Soi Boxing/Farang, I'll be there the 12th for a b-day party. Do look me up....lol. Oh, I just water hosed a cat that thought he could use my truck to rest on. My garbage was overturned again by a mutt last night, I gave him a nice size rock. In New Mexico it would have been a nice .22 short sub-sonic. Partner, I've squeezed the trigger on both 4 legged and 2 legged critters, no regrets. Although I did apologize to a cow elk for not making a killing shot, she moved just as I squeezed, before putting a .357 in the brain pan. Tasted damn good.

If you can't think of 6 in 10 minutes you are not worth my time but to start your list:

1. Your significant other banged the killer so he whacked your dog because he figured the std he got from the experience came from the dog.

chrissables, No keyboard warrior here, comprende' ese'? I'm in Udon, usually Soi Sampan, sometimes in Nong Khai. Soi Boxing/Farang, I'll be there the 12th for a b-day party. Do look me up....lol. Oh, I just water hosed a cat that thought he could use my truck to rest on. My garbage was overturned again by a mutt last night, I gave him a nice size rock. In New Mexico it would have been a nice .22 short sub-sonic. Partner, I've squeezed the trigger on both 4 legged and 2 legged critters, no regrets. Although I did apologize to a cow elk for not making a killing shot, she moved just as I squeezed, before putting a .357 in the brain pan. Tasted damn good.

WOW

WOW
And in the intrests of fairness it was me who called you a keyboard warrior seems I was correct

I live in the Nong Prakang area of Chiang Mai (east of the railway station). I moto as well as bicycle daily throughout C.M. and have found certain neighbourhoods to be especially flavoured with vicious unleashed/not fenced-in dogs. My neighbourhood being a prime example.

Once one dog howls out after they spot me then the message seems to be relayed down the street that"Farang here - Game On!"

I did win over about 10 mutts (with permanent homes) in my area by feeding them daily with pork rinds - not much but on a daily basis it provided some Pavlovian training. I stopped feeding them eventually and they still remained socialble when I approached "their" territory.

Unfortunately I can't do that in every neighbourhood so I devised both a natural substance concoction and a delivery system to spray any of the other "canine terrorists" that would dart out to intimidate me. The dispenser rides cradled on both my moto and bicycle.

I didn't use battery acid (which is highly under-rated and works a treat) but the concoction has never failed in repelling the mongrels. Mind you, you do have to carry it whether walking or driving as well as remain composed and intent to use it.

Being a faring, I can't just simply go up to and beat the living crap out of the lady or man who owns the un-controlled dog. They definitely need a beating though.

I can guarantee you that dogs have a long memory of pain and human features associated with that pain (Pavlovian training) and will steer well clear of you if you have taken charge. They don't plan revenge - they submit to authority.

Once you have been scared sh*tless or been harmed by these rogues then you will start to take authority and problem solve.

Edited by streetsweeper

Oh, I like face to face, a lot. Same as with a dawg, comprende' ese'? We aren't in America, I don't pack heat here, but if need be I can. The 12th. I'll be in Lao for a bit after that with mia noi. Now that you've issued your little boy challange, can we get back to discussing how in the hell to get rid of all the worthless mutts?

Excuse me I belive it was you who issued a challenge packing heat indeed good night Clint

"I didn't use battery acid (which is highly under-rated and works a treat) but the concoction has never failed in repelling the mongrels. Mind you, you do have to carry it whether walking or driving as well as remain composed and intent to use it."

What did you use?

EXCUSE ME!

This thread was an alert of a problem.

Talk about chasing a horse aimlessly around the paddock!!! If you want to start a thread about responsible animal ownership, all very well documented elsewhere, by all means go ahead. Engaging in trolling and rebuttals to remarks may be soul cleansing but not quite the plan here.

Well I base my thinking and rational not on % as you do but on hard facts. I live 3 houses away from kennels and I here the odd bark. They are a lovley old couple.

When a dog attacks someone and by attack I mean bite or seriously scratch then yes they should be put down. If a dog barks at someone to warn them off fair play that's what dogs do. Dogs in street I have no real problem with them they move as I aproach in car or motor bike. If I'm walking they just watch me. Rouge dogs attack all over the world but at the end of the day only a small few.

Only a small few attack............................ and kill or disfigure childern and some adults.............. And you defend them ?????????????????

Sorry to have forgotten to mention the concoction in my previous post.

The concoction I use is made up of boiled fresh chilli peppers and cayenne pepper. Strain it, mix in a bit of vegetable oil and dispense it from a soft plastic soap bottle or even a squeeze-trigger sprayer. The small soap bottle offers a stream-range of approx. 6-7 feet and is focussed not just a wimpy spray. The bottle I use would be advertised as Sunlight Dish detergent back home but although it is sold here I never knew what it was called. It's a bright yellow in colour. You can buy them in a 6 pack at Makro.

post-257925-0-37194400-1468129308_thumb.

Edited by streetsweeper

"You have admitted that your dogs have chased the ducks, do you think it is possible that on one occasion that they actually caught the ducks and killed them or are you going to be like most other dog owners and remain in denial. Is it a case of my dogs would not do anything like that?"

I've already covered that, if they had I would have been asked to pay for it, which I already have said I would have readily done.

Actually one of the dogs once killed a chicken at a road side restaurant, we paid for the chicken and taught the dog not to do that. Since we moved to a farm, got chickens (and ducks, quail and turkeys) he learned to live happily with them. Someone times he did play with them by chasing them but right after they all would lie around together.

Our other dog that was killed, as I also mentioned, was a duck dog whose responsibility was to protect and herd them and he lived with 1000 ducks since birth, highly doubt he would kill one.

No denial, reality.

"6 dogs, that's a pack.

Imagine them living next to you, running around, pooping and barking all night.
Must be a nightmare for your neighbors. "

My six pack (smile.png ) or wild "pack" of six dogs consisted then of 3 puppies, 1 abandoned puppy who I took in and grew into the most loving pet, the duck herder dog and an 8 yr old one eyed 1/2 miniature poodle 1/2 Shih Tzu.

Living next to me? They live with me and poop where they are trained to, don't bark at night and love running around!

Fortunately my neighbor have their own dogs for companionship (and to bark if someone comes on to their property)

I've attached a pic of my new dog in our chicken coop choosing his next meal :P

post-101742-0-63937700-1468131312_thumb.

Only a small few attack............................ and kill or disfigure childern and some adults.............. And you defend them ?????????????????

Read the post correctly I'm sure I said they who bite scratch attack should be put down. How can that be defending them ??????. I pointed out given how many dogs there are in the world a very small proportion attack humans. Compared to how many humans attack each other.

You do sound like a very nasty person Miss Andry.

Are you advocating the opposite to Miss Andry, i.e don't be a responsible owner, don't keep your dog on your property, let it run around and bite people and let it crap everywhere? I can only assume you are a typical dog owner or a nut.