Two Months Stay Los...... Visa Needed ?

for a two month stay in LOS EARLY 2007, will I need a visa ?
Yes, to stay in Thailand as a tourist for two months you need a tourist visa valid for one entry. Depending on your nationality, which you did not indicate, upon arrival in Thailand you will be given permission to stay for 30 days or 60 days, and you can apply at any Immigration Office in Thailand for an extension of 30 days, if desired (fee 1,900 Baht)

---------------

Maestro

Yes, to stay in Thailand as a tourist for two months you need a tourist visa valid for one entry. Depending on your nationality, which you did not indicate, upon arrival in Thailand you will be given permission to stay for 30 days or 60 days, and you can apply at any Immigration Office in Thailand for an extension of 30 days, if desired (fee 1,900 Baht)

---------------

Maestro

Thank's, Im from UK, would there be an office in Pattaya, or best to apply Thai embassy London and get before I go ?

Im from UK, would there be an office in Pattaya, or best to apply Thai embassy London and get before I go ?

Roy, the application for a tourist visa, for any visa, must be made at a Thai consulate. In your case, you can do it at the consular section of the Thai embassy in London, if that is convenient for you. If it is out of your way, application can be made by mail, at any Thai consulate in the UK.

With a UK passport, the tourist visa will give you permission to stay for 60 days. This includes both the day of arrival and day of departure, i.e. effectively 59 days – important to know for your flight reservation if you plan to use your visa to the fullest.

The application for extension of stay, if you wish to stay longer than the initially permitted 60 days, is made at any immigration office inside Thailand. There is an office in Pattaya, or more precisely in Jomtien, which is near Pattaya. I see that they even have their own website (if text does not display correctly, you may have to select manually the correct character encoding, i.e. Thai, in your browser)

---------------

Maestro

---------------

Maestro

He can also arrive on a visa exempt 30 day stamp and do one visa run.

---------------

Maestro

He can also arrive on a visa exempt 30 day stamp and do one visa run.

Only if the airline allows him to board. Better to have a visa and the cost of a border run will offset any savings.

/quote]He can also arrive on a visa exempt 30 day stamp and do one visa run.

Only if the airline allows him to board. Better to have a visa and the cost of a border run will offset any savings.

Yes, that's definitely a worry. No two embassies can interpret the visa regulations the same way, so you can imagine that the airlines will be somewhat paranoid regarding passengers headed for Thailand.

Thank's fellas esp Maestro, about the 59 days, that may have caught me out.

English weather yuuuuuuuuuuuuuk, can't wait for that Hot Pattaya sun ! Roy

Nb Actually I might go up to Cambodia for a few days this trip, so if I went after 30 days and come back, would I qualify for another 30 days ? also I hear there is a bus trip from Pattaya, anyone done this ? or best to fly ?

Thk's !

Edited by roytheboy

Nb Actually I might go up to Cambodia for a few days this trip, so if I went after 30 days and come back, would I qualify for another 30 days ? also I hear there is a bus trip from Pattaya, anyone done this ? or best to fly ?

For this itinerary, get a single-entry tourist for your first entry. Then, at any time before the 60 days are up, do your trip to Cambodia and on your return to Thailand you get a visa-exempt entry for 30 days.

There are bus services from Pattaya, so-called visa run buses, that offer a day-trip package including the trip, lunch and Cambodian visa fee.

-----

Maestro