Shots fired at Dallas protest over fatal police shootings

webfact

The poeple doing these shootings were clearly racist and singled out white cops. It's a shame when you have a Prsident who is so limited by his own prejudices and insecurities and cannot call a black man a racist. Racism goes both ways. If it is to be eliminated it must be confronted. Obama really is pathetic in many ways.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The poeple doing these shootings were clearly racist and singled out white cops. It's a shame when you have a Prsident who is so limited by his own prejudices and insecurities and cannot call a black man a racist. Racism goes both ways. If it is to be eliminated it must be confronted. Obama really is pathetic in many ways.

Oh really? Goes both ways?

So it was coloured people enslaved and ku klux klanned and pushed with no equality and discriminated whitees for centuries you say?

It is whitees need to eliminate racism before coloured people.

It seems now there was only one shooter, an army reserve veteran, who had issues with the police, especially white ones. (So much for all the police triangulation theories and multiple shooters targeting them nonsense...bunch of tossers).

It's also now clear that the police murdered this shooter by blowing him up with their explosive robot toy. The police have allot to answer for another killing of a black American as he was clearly not an iminent threat to anyone at the time he was killed.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

(So much for all the police triangulation theories and multiple shooters targeting them nonsense...bunch of tossers).

One guy very busy on his feet and more than a little handy with a rifle.

It's also now clear that the police murdered this shooter by blowing him up with their explosive robot toy. The police have allot to answer for another killing of a black American as he was clearly not an iminent threat to anyone at the time he was killed.

Robotic bombs just adds to the sense of outright civil war last night. Don't f&*k with the state is my final word as you'll never win.

Oh really? Goes both ways?

So it was coloured people enslaved and ku klux klanned and pushed with no equality and discriminated whitees for centuries you say?

It is whitees need to eliminate racism before coloured people.

I think 'whitees' generally have; sadly some black people won't let it go and find it convenient to play the racism card. Anyway, afraid you've lost the argument with your comments, which are typical and not helping. This could go from bad to worse.

Though perhaps rightly quick to deride the police for the shootings earlier in the week, I find Beyonce's silence on the latest turn of events ominous, nay, typical. She is a classic example of only seeing racism as being a one-way street. Along with her antics at the Superbowl, I've lost a ton of respect for the woman.

Though this act sounds like terrorism I would call it guerilla warfare as the targets were police not the population. A terrorists wants numbers, a guerilla targets government officials, military and police.

Lets hope they catch all the apes responsible for this sick incident.

It seems now there was only one shooter, an army reserve veteran, who had issues with the police, especially white ones. (So much for all the police triangulation theories and multiple shooters targeting them nonsense...bunch of tossers).

Who answers for the 5 dead cops?

Just to kind of quote what I heard the head of Dallas Police say in an interview. The Assailant was armed and threatening to set of IED's . He had refused to surrender to Police although they had tried to convince him to do so. 1/. He was armed, 2/. He claimed to have explosives and to have planted bombs. In what World does he still not constitute an imminent threat. I believe and it is purely my view that the Police in this situation used more restraint than I would expect having 5 of your colleagues kiled by this man. And neutralised him yes fatally but also ensuring no more Police Officers or civilians were killed or injured in the Process. Murder is cold blooded killing. This was a justifiable death of an Armed Assailant

It's easy give the people an option to surrender their weapons on a buy back scheme like what happened in Oz. And then declare Illegal weapon ownership a felony.

Trump could achieve this but unfortunately he is a gun lover

Sure. Eezy Peezy.

Then, by default, only felons (and our beloved government who have been accelerating the erosion of our rights under the Patriot Act, et.al.) will have guns.

No thanks.

I dare anyone to protest that particular police killing.

It would go over like anyone that may have protested the police killing of Charles Whitman, also in Texas...

I'm wondering of they'll find a tumor in this guy's brain, too.

Edited by impulse

It's easy give the people an option to surrender their weapons on a buy back scheme like what happened in Oz. And then declare Illegal weapon ownership a felony.

Sure. Eezy Peezy.

Then, by default, only felons (and our beloved government who have been accelerating the erosion of our rights under the Patriot Act, et.al.) will have guns.

No thanks.

That is a simplistic idea that works for honest people. When Australia did that yes they bought and destroyed thousands of weapons. Yet Australia is awash with weapons and Gun violence not uncommon. You can take the Guns of the average person but the criminal will retain. NZ too has heavy restrictions on weapon ownership but there was a bust in Auckland a few months ago where 13 Assault rifles (A mixture of New US AR15 and Russian Ak) were seized. These were Gang linked. No matter what you do to regulate Criminals will have a way to arm. Regulation and vetting help reduce random acts like this shooting. But banning ownership Outright pretty much as the UK did just makes more criminals and the black marketeers richer.

Sure. Eezy Peezy.

No thanks.

That is a simplistic idea that works for honest people. When Australia did that yes they bought and destroyed thousands of weapons. Yet Australia is awash with weapons and Gun violence not uncommon. You can take the Guns of the average person but the criminal will retain. NZ too has heavy restrictions on weapon ownership but there was a bust in Auckland a few months ago where 13 Assault rifles (A mixture of New US AR15 and Russian Ak) were seized. These were Gang linked. No matter what you do to regulate Criminals will have a way to arm. Regulation and vetting help reduce random acts like this shooting. But banning ownership Outright pretty much as the UK did just makes more criminals and the black marketeers richer.

And the other factor we can't predict is the future.

We have no idea what the next few generations will hold for us in terms of terrorism in our neighborhoods, rampant crime driven by pending economic disaster, or even despotic elected officials- a'la 3rd Reich.

About the only thing that seems certain is that, once rights like that have been taken away by a government, they won't be coming back.

Sure. Eezy Peezy.

No thanks.

And the other factor we can't predict is the future.

We have no idea what the next few generations will hold for us in terms of terrorism in our neighborhoods, rampant crime driven by pending economic disaster, or even despotic elected officials- a'la 3rd Reich.

About the only thing that seems certain is that, once rights like that have been taken away by a government, they won't be coming back.

Which administration has ever tried to take your guns away? You have no problem registering your car and getting a driving licence. For some reason you are horrified if someone suggests similar for gun ownership.

Could defence lawyers argue that the shooters were rising up against tyranny?

No, but there could be a case to be made against blacklivesmatter seeing as they actually defended an explicit call to kill racist police. As we know well the victims weren't given a questionnaire to fill in to prove or disprove their supposed racism.

Always able to make a case against blacklivesmatter...

What is with the thought process of wingnuts?

Attitudes like this is what has made the police feel they have carte blanche to carry out their extra-judicial killings. Where do the police get off thinking it's ok to blow-up a suspect when he's been cornered and not an immediate threat. They obviously took it upon themselves to be judge and jury and administer their own justice on someone who may have killed some of their own.

It is quite surprising that one military trained guy with the right firepower absolutely overwhelmed the Police. I saw some video where he took out one officer at the front of a building using the columns to confuse the officer and simply take him out. Reports of witnesses saying a group of Police were just terrified and firing into the air in all different directions. Police reports suggesting that they were under multiple sniper attack shows they didn't have the faintest idea of where the threat was coming from.

I have watched both recent videos where the Police simply executed two Black men with absolutely no regard for human life. My view is the actions of this man were understandable. The Second Amendment does provide for US citizens to arm themselves and defend themselves against the violent excesses of their government. Their efforts to highlight these Police executions seem to be having no effect whatsoever.

What is more than obvious is the bleeding heart Right Wingers who are horrified at Police being shot are totally silent when innocent African Americans are executed by Police. No outrage not a second thought other than the Police are always justified in executing Black People. It would seem this person felt this opinion goes both ways.

It is quite surprising that one military trained guy with the right firepower absolutely overwhelmed the Police. I saw some video where he took out one officer at the front of a building using the columns to confuse the officer and simply take him out. Reports of witnesses saying a group of Police were just terrified and firing into the air in all different directions. Police reports suggesting that they were under multiple sniper attack shows they didn't have the faintest idea of where the threat was coming from.

I have watched both recent videos where the Police simply executed two Black men with absolutely no regard for human life. My view is the actions of this man were understandable. The Second Amendment does provide for US citizens to arm themselves and defend themselves against the violent excesses of their government. Their efforts to highlight these Police executions seem to be having no effect whatsoever.

What is more than obvious is the bleeding heart Right Wingers who are horrified at Police being shot are totally silent when innocent African Americans are executed by Police. No outrage not a second thought other than the Police are always justified in executing Black People. It would seem this person felt this opinion goes both ways.

This has been commented on by many people...those under-trained over-weight donut eaters were totally out-classed by a single trained gunman. The shooter used his military training in close order combat to take-out that officer. As the killings of the motorists earlier in the week and the police incompetence in this incident shows, most police officers have no business being armed. Edited by OMGImInPattaya

This has been commented on by many people...those under-trained over-weight donut eaters were totally out-classed by a single trained gunman. The shooter used his military training in close order combat to take-out that officer. As the killings of the motorists earlier in the week and the police incompetence in this incident shows, most police officers have no business being armed.

Ah, so only the general public should be armed, not the officers. Makes sense for a safe living environment.

The rifle used :https://sofrep.com/58721/antique-sks-rifle-used-dallas-killer/

is not a "high powered rifle" as is wrongly reported in many news media.

It is a .30 cal that is less powerfull than a .30 .30. High power starts with .30 06

SKS medium power rifle. Reasonable accurate medium velocity cartridge depending on quality of ammunition used. Guy must have been a Proficient shot. cartridge is .30x39. Kills Deer well. So no problems there. Apparently US models 10 shot ( I own one is 7 shot NZ restriction). Lets not forget this Man killed 5 police officers, seriously wounded 2 more (intensive care) plus 4 others, plus civilians. Refused to surrender and claimed to have explosives. I still believe Police justified in their actions. As to the two killings of Black men that sparked the rally at which these killings happened looks like excessive fatal force by Police. Dallas Police have a lower rate of Police related killings than most other Cities in the USA.

The rifle used :https://sofrep.com/58721/antique-sks-rifle-used-dallas-killer/

is not a "high powered rifle" as is wrongly reported in many news media.

It is a .30 cal that is less powerfull than a .30 .30. High power starts with .30 06

Phew, that's alright then. If the rifle had been high powered the dead would be more dead.

Could defence lawyers argue that the shooters were rising up against tyranny?

No, but there could be a case to be made against blacklivesmatter seeing as they actually defended an explicit call to kill racist police. As we know well the victims weren't given a questionnaire to fill in to prove or disprove their supposed racism.

Always able to make a case against blacklivesmatter...

What is with the thought process of wingnuts?

There have been messages floating around the alternate news sites regarding a push by BLM to create enough civil disobedience for Obama to declare Martial Law and and thereby cancelling the two conventions. Cleveland has been refused additional police and may have to call up the National Guard. BLM has has indicated mobilizing 10,000 protesters for the convention.

I dismissed this as I often do for these kinds of things but this may be coming together as we speak. I will post the web-site but I thought it a hoax as everyday there are a few.

http://www.dcclothesline.com/2016/07/06/hacked-messages-of-blacklivesmatter-leader-reveal-obama-admins-plan-for-summer-of-chaos-and-martial-law/

Attitudes like this is what has made the police feel they have carte blanche to carry out their extra-judicial killings. Where do the police get off thinking it's ok to blow-up a suspect when he's been cornered and not an immediate threat. They obviously took it upon themselves to be judge and jury and administer their own justice on someone who may have killed some of their own.

I hope they were able to salvage the robot and put it back into service.

If not, it should be scrapped or cannibalized with full honors.

It sure beats losing a K-9 or any more officers to the assassin, who was apparently suicidal by his very act.

Edited by MaxYakov

It sure beats losing a K-9 or anyone else to the assassin, who was apparently suicidal by his very acts.

Yes, the robot was very brave, as was the robot's controller. I expect both to get the highest awards ("piece of tin" ) that your country can give. Do your medals come with dicksplash and bar like mine?

I had read elsewhere he used an SKS which is 7.62X39 or an AR-15. Not the most powerful, same round as AK 47 and not very accurate, in either weapon. It's not the cartridge, it is the weapon. MOA anywhere from 2 to 4 inches at 100 meters. The one I brought back from VN was the same. I "hogged" most of the soft wood and fiberglass bedded it. Brought the MOA down to 1 inch, not a sniper's weapon but ok for battle and killing coyotes. So now I don't know what was used. .........Unfortunately this has been brewing for some time with the continued murder of black people by militarized white cops. Makes me ashamed to have been a certified/commissioned law enforcement officer. And so it starts, murder begets murder. It won't solve the problem. ............... http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/10/opinion/sunday/what-white-america-fails-to-see.html

OMGIminPattaya, on 09 Jul 2016 - 03:05, said:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It sure beats losing a K-9 or anyone else to the assassin, who was apparently suicidal by his very acts.

Yes, the robot was very brave, as was the robot's controller. I expect both to get the highest awards ("piece of tin" ) that your country can give. Do your medals come with dicksplash and bar like mine?

I don't know, offhand. Tell you what!

Why don't you call the Dallas PD and ask them? - US 1-877-373-Tips

I'd wait a while, though. They are probably not in mood for crank calls these days.

Edited by MaxYakov