No dancing before 6 PM!

JSixpack

NO harm done….TQ is one of the crappiest daytime gogos with some very over the hill staff and some ridiculous prices for use of their shabby back rooms.

Venues like soi 6, the telephone bar and the generously scattered gentlemen's venues more than fill the afternoon slot for the discerning punter.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I believe it's a bar called Tahitian Queen (TQ) on Beach Road in Pattaya

Thanks, I just wish some posters will stop using initials unless for the obvious.
Er....it is only obvious to us all. Perhaps you are on the wrong forum.
I hardly attend gogos and know the name. I thought everyone living here would. It's a popular bar for people looking for a retro feel.biggrin.png

When did they used to start dancing?

The TQ's daytime foot shufflers would normally start some time after the 2 PM opening. But nobody goes to the TQ daytime to ogle the girls anyway. Even the night shift are less than stellar but the place does have a nice ambiance and a good selection of 'golden oldies' and requests are welcome. Arguably the best music video collection in the country. Unless the regular managers are on break and one of the younger DJ's loses the plot and plays some club, trance cack.

I have to save that description though, a go go with a 'retro feel' sounds like a more polite way of saying grab a granny... in a bikini.

NO harm done….TQ is one of the crappiest daytime gogos with some very over the hill staff and some ridiculous prices for use of their shabby back rooms.

Venues like soi 6, the telephone bar and the generously scattered gentlemen's venues more than fill the afternoon slot for the discerning punter.

As I said, one doesn't go to the TQ for the software, especially in the day time.

(Having white hairs on your balls helps)

As I said, one doesn't go to the TQ for the software, especially in the day time.

Perfect for mingling with the I-fell-off-my-Harley-20-years-ago club….one of the laziest gogos I ever set foot in.

Every trip I buckle and go in to see if anythings changed….nope…..so one drink and Im out.

The bingo players can have it.

Perfect for mingling with the I-fell-off-my-Harley-20-years-ago club….one of the laziest gogos I ever set foot in.

Every trip I buckle and go in to see if anythings changed….nope…..so one drink and Im out.

The bingo players can have it.

Lazy is being way too kind but yes, keep buckling, wait for the white hairs, then one day you will have your very own, TQ 'day time is play time' epiphany and you'll fit right in.

Time to go to Angeles...in PI. 24 hours in some places. I got a kick out of going for breakfast on Fields Ave, and then going to the Doll House and watch the morning ladies. They were fresh, and lively. Also, the manager used to give out free shots called *cannot say it here". Short day....up at 6, breakfast at 7, and gogo and beer at 8am. Passed out before noon.

Actually only did that once...lol. But it was interesting.

Time to go to Angeles...in PI. 24 hours in some places. I got a kick out of going for breakfast on Fields Ave, and then going to the Doll House and watch the morning ladies. They were fresh, and lively. Also, the manager used to give out free shots called *cannot say it here". Short day....up at 6, breakfast at 7, and gogo and beer at 8am. Passed out before noon.

To be honest, Pattaya wins over Angeles any day, its to dirty, and limited on choice of venues. coffee1.gif

The Government dislikes prostitution; GoGo Bars and all the kinds of entertainment places that lure in underage workers; dancers as well as the type of tourist that all this appeals to. They could close all of them if they wanted to today. However, that will cause massive unemployment all at once and create too much disruption and possibly protests on the street. The easier way is to harass the owners; raid places; ban dancing; move up closing times. All this will make the business unprofitable and keep punters away and headed for other countries. Their plan is the Thai way- do it all gradually and let it happen naturally. The smart owners will understand what is happening and get out of the business or possibly adapt to the changes and cater more to family oriented tourists or the Chinese.

I don't go along with that. What I see is just enforcement of current laws and regulations and not a goal of shutting the whole industry down. The army are doing the police department's job, a job which never could be done due to too much corruption monies changing hands.

Haven't they got the industry under tight control in Bangkok. Don't the gogos shut down at 1am sharp?

To be honest, Pattaya wins over Angeles any day, its to dirty, and limited on choice of venues. coffee1.gif

Duterte is making rapid headway in all areas of crime and corruption. I'm not sure how it could affect Angeles City, but let's give it some time. Did you hear the story about how he made a foreigner chew 5 cigarettes because he refused to put out his cigarette in a restaurant in Davao? His other option was jail time. Drug lords are dropping like flies, including high ranking police officials.

Angeles City is not a tourist location like Pattaya. It's solely a place for male sex tourists. You won't see any females (apart from one or two dykes) or families on vacation there.

Edited by tropo

lol how much longer do you believe Soi 6 is going to be tolerated !! The clever owners are aborting alas the dim ones are buying up more and more

The GoGos in Bangkok are a different situation- Nana Plaza and soi Cowboy are blocking the expansion that is planned on Sukhumvit road. They will be easily shut down simply by buying up the land they are under. The landowners hold the key in Bangkok. In Pattaya- the Army holds the key and they plan on locking the door. I don't relish it; I don't necessarily agree with it; but as the moon and sun are in the sky- it will happen. The die is cast .

Of course - bribes, corruption and anything else you want to call it go way up the food chain. However, the current Junta is trying to break the food chain- that is why when they raid a place- the local administration and Army do the job and the police come in after the raid has been made. The reason is quite simple to see. The old sheriff had connections all the way to the top. The new sheriff is the Top.

But you've missed the point. If the new sheriff isn't corrupt "or anything else you want to call it" then the bars should be open 24 hrs and dancing allowed anywhere anytime, as there's no law against it. Pretending that there is, or passing nonsensical regulations, was the way to get the bribes.

Looks like your faith is misplaced in one sense. In another, welcome to the new kind of corruption.

Next.

Alcohol is only allowed to be sold during certain times, so establishments selling alcohol are supposed to be closed outside of those times.

There is no such thing as a 24 hour license, or other time period, for that matter.

Bars have several licenses, from which one is the alcohol selling license. They could also allow to the bars to open 24 hours, then do a raid and find one alcoholic beverage, and close the bar for a certain period of time.

Which one would yopu prefer?

Edited by Berty100

lol how much longer do you believe Soi 6 is going to be tolerated !! The clever owners are aborting alas the dim ones are buying up more and more

Soi 6 bars will relocate to Soi Buakhao area in the future , i think.

Because of greedy Landlords, Not the police or government.

maybe a few will survive on Soi 6

Edited by onemorechang

The GoGos in Bangkok are a different situation- Nana Plaza and soi Cowboy are blocking the expansion that is planned on Sukhumvit road. They will be easily shut down simply by buying up the land they are under. The landowners hold the key in Bangkok. In Pattaya- the Army holds the key and they plan on locking the door. I don't relish it; I don't necessarily agree with it; but as the moon and sun are in the sky- it will happen. The die is cast .

Over the last decade since I've been here they've always shut down exactly on time, at 1am.

I think a more organised, more compliant gogo bar scene is what the army envisages. The real estate that most gogo bars inhabit here is some of the most valuable in the city. A big project is also possible here, especially ocean front along Walking Street.

Yawn.

Alcohol is only allowed to be sold during certain times, so establishments selling alcohol are supposed to be closed outside of those times.

No.

"Supposed?" smile.png Somebody's momma say that?

There is no such thing as a 24 hour license, or other time period, for that matter.

Hold that thought.

Bars have several licenses, from which one is the alcohol selling license. They could also allow to the bars to open 24 hours, then do a raid and find one alcoholic beverage, and close the bar for a certain period of time.

Could. Or could not. Or could get rid of all the arbitrary hours for this & that.

Which one would yopu prefer?

The world's just all binary, ain't it? SO simple! biggrin.png

If you are nostalgic for the Thailand of old- head for Cambodia- it is all there for the asking-the good, bad and ugly. And the old sheriff is still in charge!!

Give us the list of daytime go-gos then, as that's the topic here.

For people on this forum that think there are licenses for selling alcohol or even open a bar 24 hours in Thailand, feel free to post one here, otherwise don't try to make a fool of yourself with your comments.

And why would they get rid of all the arbitrary hours & that, because Jsixpack can't live without alcohol in the afternoon?

Yawn

Edited by Berty100

Nothing new there. Rumours about Nana Plaza closing have been around for years. It might happen but unlikely to for years.

I have never been to Cambodia for at least 20 years so I have no idea the names of bars etc. I am merely repeating what others have said about it. Their reports indicate a free and easy existence regarding entertainment much like Thailand of old. I suggest if you are curious to plan a trip there. I am not curious at all and don't care. I have everything I need in Thailand. They can close every GoGo bar in Thailand and I can still find places for entertainment . They will always exist just as they do in every country in the World including North Korea and Saudi Arabia.

In regards to Nana Plaza- the incoming rental monies for 1 month are just over 1 Million Baht per month for approx 50 separate business entities. The land which is around 2 rai is worth between 250-350 million Baht. the land owner who is already wealthy can get super wealthy by selling- the project is in the making- I give it 3-5 years at the most. The Landmark Hotel needs a major renovation and doing it in conjunction with a mall project is what is most likely in the cards. If I had a business there- I would never renta for more than a year at a time. Soi Cowboy is probably in better shape as the land seems positioned and rather in a limbo state. It is really not big enough to make a difference unless some entity wants it for an expansion. I would give it another 10 years- more secure than Nana.

Who goes to an agogo before 6PM anyways? plus the only ones on stage be4 9pm are the lowest of the low qualitee ones..................hahahahahahaha

I prefer to have the choice of day or night or both. Each time frame can have its benefits—in the daytime you can take her outside for a good look and she has the option of staying with her sponsor or finding another later on. Even at night, the variety is better and your selection criteria is less encumbered early-on.

During the Vietnam holiday times when a military post had only a few places with working girls, the officers got the night time and the enlisted got the daytime. I guess some of the girls even washed-up before the night shift.

Evidently you was not there in Nam during the war.

Want to bet?

In regards to Nana Plaza- the incoming rental monies for 1 month are just over 1 Million Baht per month for approx 50 separate business entities. The land which is around 2 rai is worth between 250-350 million Baht. the land owner who is already wealthy can get super wealthy by selling- the project is in the making- I give it 3-5 years at the most. The Landmark Hotel needs a major renovation and doing it in conjunction with a mall project is what is most likely in the cards. If I had a business there- I would never renta for more than a year at a time. Soi Cowboy is probably in better shape as the land seems positioned and rather in a limbo state. It is really not big enough to make a difference unless some entity wants it for an expansion. I would give it another 10 years- more secure than Nana.

This could all just be part of your Thai dream.biggrin.png

It reminds me of the Foodland which was going to be built on Thepprasit Road 2 years ago. I asked the manager last week - he said in 2 years.

This could all just be part of your Thai dream.biggrin.png

It reminds me of the Foodland which was going to be built on Thepprasit Road 2 years ago. I asked the manager last week - he said in 2 years.

The thing is that 2 years ago something happened that crossed the plans of many Thai businesses, and so far it looks that 2 years from now is the earliest that they see an end to it.

What does TQ mean? Please don't be lazy with your typing.

Thanks, I just wish some posters will stop using initials unless for the obvious.

For anyone that knows Pattaya and daytime bars TQ's is very obvious, rarely if ever hear anyone referring to it as Tahitian Queen.

A Pattaya stalwart.Is TQ2 still going?I used to pop around there with Stoney for an hour or two.The US navy was in town and i never paid for a drink and a free singlet.

Jeez speaking of stalwarts. Poor old Stoney, bloody legend, RIP old mate.

Stopped using TQ when they changed the stage lights to the red spots

its just spoiled the hole feel of the place. coffee1.gif

No dancing before 6pm, what next for sin city. facepalm.gif

You ask what next for Sin City?

Rumour is Soi Sex to be demolished to make way for a flood relief canal. tongue.png

The TQ is one of the oldest gogos in the area.The original owners also had the Mississippi Queen on Pat Pong One where some of the scenes of the movie "Apocalypse Now" was filmed in 1979.I remember that the movie company paid the stand ins 500 baht ($25) a day plus food,beer and babes..

What scene in Apocalypse Now was that go-go in? It's my all-time favorite film, I've even got the rough 5h VHS copy, in which Willard wakes up with a working girl in the beginning, but I can't recall a go-go scene. Honest question, I'm intrigued, didn't know any scenes were shoot in Thailand

Dear Thaivisa Admin: Why isn't there an option to delete a post when editing?

Only a mod can remove posts, don't worry about all your duplicate posts I have removed them smile.png