No dancing before 6 PM!

JSixpack

... It used to be called TQ2 ... for Tahitian Queen 2. There was a TQ1. ...

Once upon a time, there WAS a bar called the TQ2.

Meanwhile, the original TQ (that was never, ever called TQ1) is STILL where it ALWAYS has been.

The end.

Note: Just to keep this on topic, the TQ day-time shift still kicks-off at 6 PM... unfortunately.

Retracted to 4pm now....sign on door before 2 day shutdown across the board

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The old Pattaya Administration no longer exists. The Army is in control and the Army wants to get rid of the GoGo business and as many spots that cater to underage workers, and foreign bar owners. Their plan is to keep restricting hours; dancing; and closing. Eventually the sexpats will head for greener pastures and the bar owners will disappear. Within 10 years most will be just a dream of the past. the goal of Pattaya is a place for Thais and their families as well as the Chinese. Neither need or want the current entertainment that exists. The people running this country are very conservative and want to improve Thailand's reputation in the World. This time the clean up is for real because even when there are elections the Army will still be looking over the shoulders of every local administration in every province.

In your dreams. Pattaya is a cash cow for the whole of Thailand. However,the vice may move to LK Metro and soi buakao. Eventually the army, who are reviled by the people, will be put in their place just by the force of economics and popular will.

lol the estimated income from all sexual tourism is estimated at less than one third of 1% of GDP. Am not going looking for the article but simple fact

Edited by Cirencester

TQ was as Nan Laew says, was always the TQ it used to be the one spot of light on a very dark beach road after Royal Garden.

TQ2 was located off Walking street, and was owned by Steve Blumenthal who died suddenly of a heart attack whilst playing squash at the Ambassador Hotel at the end of 2006.

Yep, Steve took over TQ2 from Kim Fletcher, now very much of Jameson's.

Off Walking St. specifically on Soi BJ. (BJ, yuk, yuk. Hot button! Sorry, posters, different etymology.)

Pic of TQ2 after an annual "snowy" Xmas party:

attachicon.gifTQ2_cr.jpg

Note sign outside on left says TQ2, though I suppose it could be read by our mathematicians as TQ2.

Interestingly, Jimmy Page (of Led Zeppelin fame) has been a notorious patron of both Tahitian Queen and Jameson's. No idea about TQ2 though.

TQ dates back to 1978 and is a piece of history. It's pretty discreet and has nothing more offensive than girls in bikinis dancing inside, but it's a real throwback to the days of old. It's a shame the way they feel they have to meddle with just about everything.

On a side note, the name Soi BJ is actually quite innocuous, it's named after Brian Jones, a Vietnam veteran who had a nightclub there a long time ago. In recent years he runs the BJ holiday Lodge down on soi 3.

Bill Jones had a beer bar on the corner of Soi BJ, then a guest house and bar on the Beach Road corner of Soi Regent Marina (just down from the old bus terminal) which was eventually swallowed up by the Holiday Inn development so he opened the current BJ Holiday Lodge on Soi 3.

Brian Jones was a Rolling Stone.

The Rolling Stone bar, or rather Chris's Rolling Stone was a....

Meanwhile, the original TQ (that was never, ever called TQ1) is STILL where it ALWAYS has been.

The end.

Note: Just to keep this on topic, the TQ day-time shift still kicks-off at 6 PM... unfortunately.

No, sign says 6 PM very plainly.

Good news (well, relatively) is that Nevada is back to normal sched. As I was in the neighborhood I stopped by out of support. Actually had some customers in there for a change. :) Listenable music, great traditional sleazy atmosphere that's all but gone in modern Pattaya. Reminds me a bit of those old bars that used to be on the 2nd floor of Nana. I suppose Sexy Night is the only one left? If indeed it's still there.

The end.

No, sign says 6 PM very plainly.

Good news (well, relatively) is that Nevada is back to normal sched. As I was in the neighborhood I stopped by out of support. Actually had some customers in there for a change. smile.png Listenable music, great traditional sleazy atmosphere that's all but gone in modern Pattaya. Reminds me a bit of those old bars that used to be on the 2nd floor of Nana. I suppose Sexy Night is the only one left? If indeed it's still there.

Sorry but Nevada is what and where please? (I know the name but....)

Nevada is another of the old Pattaya go-gos. Used to be called Las Vegas. Years ago it changed owners and name but nothing else really--or maybe a few pics in the bathroom whose subjects have long departed for PBBITS (that Pattaya Beer Bar In The Sky). It's quite near the left corner of Soi Praisanee (Post Office) and Beach Rd., just after you turn into the soi.

Nevada is another of the old Pattaya go-gos. Used to be called Las Vegas. Years ago it changed owners and name but nothing else really--or maybe a few pics in the bathroom whose subjects have long departed for PBBITS (that Pattaya Beer Bar In The Sky). It's quite near the left corner of Soi Praisanee (Post Office) and Beach Rd., just after you turn into the soi.

Ok, thanks, I knew I had seen it somewhere recently.

...and they ARE open with dancers on the poles at 2 PM.

What does TQ mean? Please don't be lazy with your typing.

I believe it's a bar called Tahitian Queen (TQ) on Beach Road in Pattaya
Thanks, I just wish some posters will stop using initials unless for the obvious.

I think if you don't know where TQ stands for, you shouldn't be in this thread [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I dropped into the Nevada last trip, first time in 10 years. Ladies are still shuffling around the poles looking bored and wondering how they will get thru their shift for the next 10 hours. A few diehard punters shuffle in and sit on a mug of cheap Chang draught and are left in peace because the ladies know they are no chance of getting a ladies drink outta them. It reminded me of how Pattaya has changed with business moving away from Soi Post office and Yamoto and up to Soi Metro and Bukaow. Actually I'm surprised Nevada and far East have survived this long.

TQ was as Nan Laew says, was always the TQ it used to be the one spot of light on a very dark beach road after Royal Garden.

TQ2 was located off Walking street, and was owned by Steve Blumenthal who died suddenly of a heart attack whilst playing squash at the Ambassador Hotel at the end of 2006.

Off Walking St. specifically on Soi BJ. (BJ, yuk, yuk. Hot button! Sorry, posters, different etymology.)

attachicon.gifTQ2_cr.jpg

Note sign outside on left says TQ2, though I suppose it could be read by our mathematicians as TQ2.

A bar owner on SoiDiamond, BJ3, of over 30 years, told me Soi BJ was named after her brother in law.

attachicon.gifTQ2_cr.jpg

A bar owner on SoiDiamond, BJ3, of over 30 years, told me Soi BJ was named after her brother in law.

Yes, Bill Jones is her brother in law (he married her older sister).

• 2 weeks later...

Daytime is playtime again. TQ's open normal hours now, w/ about half the dancers they had. But they had too many anyway. :) Las Vegas III still closed; the girls had gone two doors down to P'ying but that place was deserted today. Guess we'll see.