third tourist visa in penang

hi me and my partner both uk citizens have been in thailand for just over 11 months we entered on a tourist visa which was extended and then went to penang two times for tourist visas both were extended. we then flew to uk for a couple of weeks for a metv visa but we were turned down as the 5k had not been in bank account for 6 months so we got another tourist visa (from hull) this has now been extended also.

basically do you think we will be ok to go back to penang for another tourist visa

also anybody had any dealings with the visa company who can get you a retirement visa without you having the funds we are both over 50 but a bit hesitant of putting 800,000 bart x 2 in a thai bank

any feedback would be appreciated thanks in advance

we would like to stay in thailand long term

I had posted a thread about this ''supposed'' limit for tourist visas at the penang consulat, last month

To say the least it's as clear as mud..nothing written on the official Web site for this,and what's more

the 3limit would apply whatever the dates of precedent issues ?applying 3 times running back to back seems différent from having 3 visas over the Last 5 years for instance..

As far as i'm concerned I got 3 penang visas from february 2013,the third was february 2015,then May I expect trouble there at the end of the month to ask for a new one,as i'll be back home (France ) on septembre 9th?

I've never used extension but once more than 5 years ago

As to the reference to penang travel agents offering ''help''for sorting out some issues,wouldn't it suggest be a

blatant corruption case?

When I posted my thread,I got an answer from elviajero whom I Thank in passing, hinting I should be ok,but as matter stands now,I think the only way to make sure of it is to check myself when I ask for my visa,but definit ely not resort ing to the crooked agents

I,ll give you then,what's all about it for my case,and so as to providence useful informations for New travelers

As you say, the situation is clear as mud. One reason is that most people will steer clear of potential trouble. Thus, we do not see many confirmation reports once a specific location is tagged as possibly problematic under stated conditions. If you do go, please provide feedback on your experiences.

Then it suggests the so called ''3limit''is nothing but a scam between crooked travel agents and officers in the consulate

If so,it's very bad news indeed,I won't be a party for this,don't blame the corruption if you use it

Actually i'vé never understood why so many people resort to these agencies to settle these matter

I'll make my own expérience and won't fail to inform people on the feed back

Any how if I don't get the visa i'll stay à little bit longer in malaysia,and get à New 30 days exemption visa

• Like 1

No the scam would be the bribe to get more than three. I have no idea how it would play out if you attempted to secure a fourth visa yourself and not use an agent.

How much was your agent fee "for special service", if you do not mind my asking.