American College Football

Ghost

I'm a big fan of American college football, and want to see the Michigan v. Ohio State game this weekend (I'm from Michigan, and it matches the No. 1 and No. 2 ranked college teams in the country). Does anybody know a place in Bangkok that will be showing the game on TV? I can't get it on UBC True cable . . . they mostly just show English League football (i.e., soccer). Would appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Ghost

I'm a big fan of American college football, and want to see the Michigan v. Ohio State game this weekend (I'm from Michigan, and it matches the No. 1 and No. 2 ranked college teams in the country). Does anybody know a place in Bangkok that will be showing the game on TV? I can't get it on UBC True cable . . . they mostly just show English League football (i.e., soccer). Would appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Ghost

I think :o its being shown at Woodstock.

http://www.woodstockbkk.com

Since it will start at something like 4:00 AM here, I doubt anywhere would be open.

Maybe a replay the next day...

TH

Yeah, I was hoping it would be an evening game in the US, so it would be on in the morning here. But I looked it up, and it's a 3:45 pm EST kickoff, which means it will start at 3:45 am here. So I guess it's hopeless unless there are any all-night sports bars . . .

03:30 Sunday, 19 November 2006 kick-off.

ESPN PPV

Check the University of Michigan and Ohio State University websites, maybe you could at least get streaming audio?

This game is not showing on any UBC channels (SuperSport, ESPN, Star Sports).

Other than the National Championship game in January, there is no college football shown here on UBC.

Agree you should be able to get a torrent within a few hours of the game ending.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all-

This might be a hijack on my part, but I'm looking for a place to watch the US College Football championship game, which starts around 6pm on Jan. 8 here on the west coast of the US (is that about 9am on Jan.9 in BKK?). Any advice re: a bar likely to be open and showing the game would be appreciated.....

Thanks in advance,

WB

PS- Hey OP, sorry my Bucks canned your squad a couple weeks ago, hehe....

Hey all-

This might be a hijack on my part, but I'm looking for a place to watch the US College Football championship game, which starts around 6pm on Jan. 8 here on the west coast of the US (is that about 9am on Jan.9 in BKK?). Any advice re: a bar likely to be open and showing the game would be appreciated.....

Thanks in advance,

WB

PS- Hey OP, sorry my Bucks canned your squad a couple weeks ago, hehe....

After extensive posting and research last year, I went and watched my beloved Longhorns beat Matt Whineart and his Trojans at Bourbon Street. There were about 20 of us there total, evenly divided between Texas and USC fans, and everyone seemed to get along pretty well and have a good time. It also doesn't hurt that Bourbon Street has the best American breakfast in town. Chicken fried steak and eggs followed by bloody marys and your team winning the Rose Bowl - what could possibly go wrong?

After extensive posting and research last year, I went and watched my beloved Longhorns beat Matt Whineart and his Trojans at Bourbon Street. There were about 20 of us there total, evenly divided between Texas and USC fans, and everyone seemed to get along pretty well and have a good time. It also doesn't hurt that Bourbon Street has the best American breakfast in town. Chicken fried steak and eggs followed by bloody marys and your team winning the Rose Bowl - what could possibly go wrong?

And where is Bourbon Street (the one in BKK, not the one in New Orleans :o ) . . .