Briton in Pattaya arrested for "causing trouble to Thai people" after complaint from army

webfact

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hilarious reading these posts. The usual bunch of whiskey drunk holier-than-thou wannabe farang tourist police.

First good post! After reading replies to this post, It is clear many polish their flip flops and arrive at immigration every 90 days with some chit chat about some bad farang in a bid to become a hobby bobby.

I don't know this man and of course he has obviously annoyed someone but I can't take pleasure in knowing he will be eating fish head soup facing deportation. I feel sorry for those that enjoy his downfall.

Seems like there is a lot of opportunity for Thais to crack down on foreigners in Pattaya and other areas. They should ask for criminal background checks from the foreigners home nation before giving retirement and long term stay visas. They could get rid of many people early. They also should investigate who owns the bars in Pattaya and if they are a foreigner if they really are complying with the law in terms of employees and ownership rules etc. Old folks who are sucking off of the Thai government health care should be sent back home to be taken care of or die. Thais shouldn't have to pay for abusers. And that monthly money coming into Thailand for retirement visas should be checked much more thoroughly as well as claims by some of having the hundreds of thousands of baht in their bank account. And on the other end all the Thai over-stayers in other nations should be immediately deported to be fair.

If I posted how much esteem I hold you in I'd probably receive a ban, so I'll make no further comment on you "I'm alright Jack" attitude.

Seems like there is a lot of opportunity for Thais to crack down on foreigners in Pattaya and other areas. They should ask for criminal background checks from the foreigners home nation before giving retirement and long term stay visas. They could get rid of many people early. They also should investigate who owns the bars in Pattaya and if they are a foreigner if they really are complying with the law in terms of employees and ownership rules etc. Old folks who are sucking off of the Thai government health care should be sent back home to be taken care of or die. Thais shouldn't have to pay for abusers. And that monthly money coming into Thailand for retirement visas should be checked much more thoroughly as well as claims by some of having the hundreds of thousands of baht in their bank account. And on the other end all the Thai over-stayers in other nations should be immediately deported to be fair.

That's rubbish.So if you have made a mistake or two,and have done your time,or paid a fine,you want people banned from Thailand.For OA non immigration there is a police check.

We all know if you upset the wrong people then there is a good chance the law will come down on you and if you think you can fight and win with a bunch of guys that will always have the upper hand then you are kidding yourself if you think you can just talk your way out of such situations.

Even if you some how manage to talk your way out you would have to be a nut case to keep on antagonizing the situation to the point where they just whack you good and then kick you out of the country.

For Exapmple: Anyone in Pattaya know where Tim Sharky is now .....after aggressively confronting the police and publicizing it all over the world.

Just one more example of talking when you should be listening.

Cheers

I do believe Sharky is still tending his soi Dogs in Pattaya and gone anywhere!

"piblics" system ?

Somewhat "funny":

a directive had been issued to stop him fleeing the kingdom.

Isn't this a license for overstay? biggrin.png

Absolutely stunning when you google for "Andrew Ronald Mathews".

A criminal record going back years.

Already been imprisoned in Thailand.

A word of wars and lawyers with prominent names involved (Andrew Drummond).

A here unwanted source calls him a "keyboard warrior".

Seems like he has defamed/abused Thai persons on the internet.

Silly to read this report like they "just found out".

As long as he's gone, it really does not matter!

That's rubbish.So if you have made a mistake or two,and have done your time,or paid a fine,you want people banned from Thailand.For OA non immigration there is a police check.

Ahhhh? Yes!

Nice, "This farang is causing me trouble" is enough to start an investigation. Samesame "I don't like him". Food for thought for those wanting to work without a work permit, have a nominee company for land ownership, etc.

What about when they come to your house once a year now and ask your neighbors if your a good farang or not.Open to abuse.

Hilarious reading these posts. The usual bunch of whiskey drunk holier-than-thou wannabe farang tourist police.

If anyone feels the need to Join the Foreign Tourist Police Squad

Please do us all a favor, go to the sukhuvit and walk very very slowly across the road. thumbsup.gif

Sounds like a threat to the Thai police!

A threat is a threat!

Especially if you name the road, you plan on going through with that threat!

If anyone feels the need to Join the Foreign Tourist Police Squad

Please do us all a favor, go to the sukhuvit and walk very very slowly across the road. thumbsup.gif

Sounds like a threat to the Thai police!

A threat is a threat!

Especially if you name the road, you plan on going through with that threat!

Dont be silly now coffee1.gif

We all know if you upset the wrong people then there is a good chance the law will come down on you and if you think you can fight and win with a bunch of guys that will always have the upper hand then you are kidding yourself if you think you can just talk your way out of such situations.

Even if you some how manage to talk your way out you would have to be a nut case to keep on antagonizing the situation to the point where they just whack you good and then kick you out of the country.

For Exapmple: Anyone in Pattaya know where Tim Sharky is now .....after aggressively confronting the police and publicizing it all over the world.

Cheers

As of 4 hours ago according to his facebook page.... Pattaya... unless you are hinting that he was off'd in the last 2 hours or so before your post.... you know something we don't :P

Ahem. They do askfor a police report from country of origin.

However that does not eliminate those who go troppo once here ! Long stay or not !

So all you squeaky clean ban all overstayers brigade you really hate them for some reason won't speculate why.

Now let's take it one step further although not to far removed so it could easily happen anytime soon. 90 day reports just the same as over staying a visa still a government requirement what if they decided that if you don't report instead of a fine and a slap wrist you got a fine and a overstay of report resulting in deportation and a years ban. Wonder how many then would be so enthusiastic about people getting thrown out. It could happen sooner or later

Cheers

He is still posting on facebook.

"It was found that Mathews was named as a defendant in six cases being considered by Pattaya courts and a directive had been issued to stop him fleeing the kingdom."

How can he be in "overstay" if he is not allowed to leave Thailand by a court directive?

Something fishy here.

Did you read the part about him being 500-plus day overstay?

So all you squeaky clean ban all overstayers brigade you really hate them for some reason won't speculate why.

Now let's take it one step further although not to far removed so it could easily happen anytime soon. 90 day reports just the same as over staying a visa still a government requirement what if they decided that if you don't report instead of a fine and a slap wrist you got a fine and a overstay of report resulting in deportation and a years ban. Wonder how many then would be so enthusiastic about people getting thrown out. It could happen sooner or later

When you do your 90 day report, you are advised by immigration when your next one is due.

Simple to make a note, and turn up on or before the date advised.

I have not bashed overstayers, but it is common sense to make a note of your next time of reporting or doing a visa run.

It isn't rocket science.

"It was found that Mathews was named as a defendant in six cases being considered by Pattaya courts and a directive had been issued to stop him fleeing the kingdom."

How can he be in "overstay" if he is not allowed to leave Thailand by a court directive?

Something fishy here.

You and the dozen or so who liked your post actually believe if you are a defendant in a Thai court case it absolves you from complying with Thai immigration law--my my, are all of you Brits?

First good post! After reading replies to this post, It is clear many polish their flip flops and arrive at immigration every 90 days with some chit chat about some bad farang in a bid to become a hobby bobby.

I don't know this man and of course he has obviously annoyed someone but I can't take pleasure in knowing he will be eating fish head soup facing deportation. I feel sorry for those that enjoy his downfall.

Well said both of you. Andy Mathews was swindled out of over US10,000 by the BG mentioned in one of the initial posts. This man claimed to be a lawyer and a former officer in the Royal Marines. He was not - he was a professional con man, who has been jailed for 3 years for fraud and then run on bail. He had previously been jailed in Australia for six years.
Mathews was also swindled by his German business partner. Between the two of them the German and the 'barrister' took him for everything he had. One of his cases was for taking a swing at the German. The other was threatening the 'barrister'. Then he faced a series of cases from them of libel under the Computer Crime Act.
He lost the plot and went on the net and mass emailed as many people as he could. Then he started libeling his friends. They did not care. They knew he had lost it - and should go home. They still hoped he would survive. But he could not fight it. He had no cash any more. He was being supported by his Thai girlfriend. His real estate business - well most of the smaller ones have gone through the floor.
He never ran. He just sat in his office waiting for them to come. He probably did not even bother updating his visa because he was forbidden to leave anyway.
Had he gone to Immigration he would no doubt have been arrested. There are a lot of smug posters here. Maybe one day something beyond your control will happen to one of them. Andy will go to jail no doubt. Some triumph. But 'Good Guys in - Bad Guys Out' - you have to be joking. This is a triumph for the bad guys.
The only chuckle I got out of this is what was the insult he gave to a Thai person - and how will that be translated in a Thai court.
So what is this record Andy Mathew has? Oh you've been reading Casewatch Asia - the website of the so called 'barrister'.
Some real dummies here today.
Edited by Gang Warily

He will be ok, good timing, he can sell up all his Thailand investment properties and buy a lovely little bedsit....

It does take a mammoth effort to rattle the Thais , he has done well....Andrew Drummond will be very happy,

The truth has come to the surface......

Sorry to disappoint you. He had nothing and has not had anything for a long time. It does not take much effort to rattle the Thais btw. Thanks to Andy Mathews a lot of foreigners in Pattaya were saved from being cheated by a con man posing as a barrister and former officer of the Royal Marines.

or make the retirement funds requirement more reasonable...say 2 million baht...good guys in...cheap charlies out!

I can hear the squealing from here.

Well said both of you. Andy Mathews was swindled out of over US10,000 by the BG mentioned in one of the initial posts. This man claimed to be a lawyer and a former officer in the Royal Marines. He was not - he was a professional con man, who has been jailed for 3 years for fraud and then run on bail. He had previously been jailed in Australia for six years.
Mathews was also swindled by his German business partner. Between the two of them the German and the 'barrister' took him for everything he had. One of his cases was for taking a swing at the German. The other was threatening the 'barrister'. Then he faced a series of cases from them of libel under the Computer Crime Act.
He lost the plot and went on the net and mass emailed as many people as he could. Then he started libeling his friends. They did not care. They knew he had lost it - and should go home. They still hoped he would survive. But he could not fight it. He had no cash any more. He was being supported by his Thai girlfriend. His real estate business - well most of the smaller ones have gone through the floor.
He never ran. He just sat in his office waiting for them to come. He probably did not even bother updating his visa because he was forbidden to leave anyway.
Had he gone to Immigration he would no doubt have been arrested. There are a lot of smug posters here. Maybe one day something beyond your control will happen to one of them. Andy will go to jail no doubt. Some triumph. But 'Good Guys in - Bad Guys Out' - you have to be joking. This is a triumph for the bad guys.
The only chuckle I got out of this is what was the insult he gave to a Thai person - and how will that be translated in a Thai court.
So what is this record Andy Mathew has? Oh you've been reading Casewatch Asia - the website of the so called 'barrister'.

so...name Names...so we can all be aware.

so...name Names...so we can all be aware.

You might need to check with moderator. The names are on my site which I am not allowed to mention - it should come up on Google though or duckduckgo. My dot.com site is blocked in Thailand but dot news is fine

first time on here for a few months and been reminded why i dont bother too much with tv any more, so many self important, judgemental, lonely sad , people with no life whatsoever , got nothing better to do than to come on here and moan about others...I´d like to know what this person has done to everyone on here to deserve the bitter remarks, .. holier than though is spot on, and wouldnt say boo to a goose, 2 faced, back stabbers is probably what half these people are...get a life