What days are 'Dry' (No Alcohol) next week?

Thinking of going on a bike ride next week. Monday-Wednesday are holidays for the Buddhist holiday on Tuesday.

I would presume that Tuesday 19th is the only dry day, but you never know with this Nuthouse.

Has there been any crazy proclamations or info about it yet?

Cheers.

You are quite right about Tuesday , Wednesday BUT what info do you have about Friday?

I have a bar and our Police (Bang Saray) say they have not received notification yet.

I know it is national no alcohol day but as of yet we've not been told if we have to close.

Nuthouse??

Crazy proclamations???

You know you are in Thailand ? Two of the major Buddhist days , always no alcohol sales, as a bar owner I respect their culture/ religion. Maybe you should too ?

Any info on Monday?

It is a substitute day from Tuesday, as far as workers are concerned.

No restrictions.

It's not a "holy"day just an extra free day (present from the regime).

Not a "substitute".

Edited by KhunBENQ

Nuthouse??

Crazy proclamations???

You know you are in Thailand ? Two of the major Buddhist days , always no alcohol sales, as a bar owner I respect their culture/ religion. Maybe you should too ?

If it's "their culture" that non-Buddhists must follow Buddhist practices then that is a form of religious intolerance and no I do not respect that.

Nuthouse??

Crazy proclamations???

Culture?

There will still be plenty of Thais sitting around getting drunk on Lao Khao as usual next week.

And plenty of shops selling the stuff.

Dry days who cares about non alcohol days?

Not me, i have not had a drink for 30 months and dont miss it.

Well done Colin,but 30 months without a drink surely your tongue must be as dry/parched as a Nun,s chuff ?

Nuthouse??

Crazy proclamations???

If it's "their culture" that non-Buddhists must follow Buddhist practices then that is a form of religious intolerance and no I do not respect that.

No one is forcing you to not drink. You just have to buy the day before and you can get as plastered as you want on any day of the year. As a majority buddhist country they get to make the laws about alcohol sales, and yeah you should respect that.

Nuthouse??

Crazy proclamations???

No one is forcing you to not drink. You just have to buy the day before and you can get as plastered as you want on any day of the year. As a majority buddhist country they get to make the laws about alcohol sales, and yeah you should respect that.

Sorry, but you have to respect the fact that people are trying to run businesses, and they should not be forced to shut them down and lose business

because of religious beliefs. Do not blame Buddha, it has been here long before bars and bargirls etc. blame stupid people who love their authority.

Why.?.

Either, no money or alcoholic. I guess. Anyway it is great if you can stop. Well Done.

Wednesday 20 July a holiday? That's news to me.

What's the occasion?

Khao Phansa - the start of the rainy seasons retreat when monks are required to stay in one temple for the duration. It's also the traditional day for young men temporarily to enter the monkhood.

Why.?.

Either, no money or alcoholic. I guess. Anyway it is great if you can stop. Well Done.

Many TVF members who've read past posts by 'colinneil' would not be asking him "why' and making inane suggestions as to the reasons he hasn't had an alcoholic drink for 30 months. It seems you are unaware of 'colinneil's' injuries and disability therefrom and consequently your ignorance is forgiven.

Nuthouse??

Crazy proclamations???

You know you are in Thailand ? Two of the major Buddhist days , always no alcohol sales, as a bar owner I respect their culture/ religion. Maybe you should too

Its still a nuthouse....

And you are one of the nuts?

If you can get hold of a very fast star ship there is an alternative:-

Ten thousand light years from earth in a constellation far, far away, there is massive cloud of alcohol. It’s space booze.

Discovered in 1995 near the constellation Aquila, the cloud is 1000 times larger than the diameter of our solar system. It contains enough ethyl alcohol to fill 400 trillion trillion pints of beer. To down that much alcohol, every person on earth would have to drink 300,000 pints each day—for one billion years.

Sadly, for those of you planning an interstellar pub crawl, the cloud is 58 quadrillion miles away. It’s also a cocktail of 32 compounds, some of them as nasty as carbon monoxide, hydrogen cyanide, and ammonia.

The galaxy has a second intergalactic liquor cabinet in the Sagittarius B2 Cloud (the bright, orange-red spot in the image above), which holds 10 billion billion billion liters of cosmic hooch. Most of it’s undrinkable, though. The cloud holds mostly methanol, the same alcohol in antifreeze and windshield washer fluid. Similarly, near the center of the Milky Way, a cloudy bridge of methanol surrounds a stellar nursery. The bridge of booze is 288 billion miles wide.

It wasn’t spilled after some Martian keg party. As new stars heat up—formed as clouds of gas and dust collapse—ethyl alcohol can attach to specks of floating dust. As the dust moves toward the budding star, the alcohol heats, separates, and turns to gas. For astronomers, these alcohol clouds can be a telling clue into how our biggest stars form.

As all bar (supposed) owners do...get off your high horse

All bar owneres?? I speak for me nobody else.

Supposed ????

If following the rules of the (foreign) country I choose to live in is being on a high horse then I will stay up there and look down ??

Nuthouse??

Crazy proclamations???

"...that is a form of religious intolerance and no I do not respect that."

No one is stopping you from drinking. Buy what you want ahead of time or visit the many places that will still sell booze. If you feel religiously suppressed by those onerous conditions, you're just trying to make an issue out of a non-event. Calling it religious intolerance is pure BS.