Nong Khai Pizza Man

marshbags

This is not the place to be asking the kinds of questions posed here or to have a virtual witch hunt on A guy who is minding his own business up country in Thailand.

If you want some pizza from the guy by all meens, go get some and tell everyone if its good. If the pizza is great thats even better, If its not good then say you dislike it and move on. If youre gay and you think the guy is sexy take it to the gay forum, Its really nobodys business but his.

This thread was out off line when it was started and now its just outrageous, I dont know the man nor have I ever spoken with him but Im happy to defend him here and say he has every right to be left the hel_l alone to sell pizzas until such a time as the local Thais decide he is no longer needed.

I haven't a clue as to what you are talking about. It seems that most posters are hoping to find him to buy some good pizza and I'm just trying to find out if its my old acquaintance who is doing it...and my old acquaintance happens to be gay.....that's all....is there some problem about him being gay?....its certainly not a problem for him....or for me either.

Chownah

he has every right to be left the hel_l alone to sell pizzas until such a time as the local Thais decide he is no longer needed.

Well, you could argue that he has no right to sell pizzas - probably being illegal and so. And before you go saying that How could I know he's illegel - it would seem unlikely that it would be worthwhile paying tax on a business venture that is out the back of a truck.

I have my own personal rules as how to live happily here. Number one is to never get between a Thai and his rice bowl. Number two is to never spend more than I can afford to walk away from. Number three is to keep as low a profile as possible. Last but not least is to mind my own business. I see farangs up her doing many different kinds of business. I never ask them why they do it or if they are doing it legally. I live exactly as I wish and they can live as they wish. If I see a farang selling pizza off the back of a truck, I would very likely try one.

This is not the place to be asking the kinds of questions posed here or to have a virtual witch hunt on A guy who is minding his own business up country in Thailand.

If you want some pizza from the guy by all meens, go get some and tell everyone if its good. If the pizza is great thats even better, If its not good then say you dislike it and move on. If youre gay and you think the guy is sexy take it to the gay forum, Its really nobodys business but his.

This thread was out off line when it was started and now its just outrageous, I dont know the man nor have I ever spoken with him but Im happy to defend him here and say he has every right to be left the hel_l alone to sell pizzas until such a time as the local Thais decide he is no longer needed.

Your opinion is welcome but i think you,ve got the wrong end of the stick about it,s purpose.

We all live in the 20th century and being gay is no longer offensive and acceptable in most peoples minds, so long as it is within the law, decent and discrete.

Regarding the bloke in question, if you go to the O.P., i am enquiring about the status, visa wise and if he is breaking the law i would have genuinely tried to advise while preventing him getting into bother.

I would like to think others would do the same for me.

So it developed into a debate, no problem as i do not see anything untoward of a serious nature that could be considered outrageous.

My follow up post was updating my last visit and thre is nothing out of line in that either and as Chownah say,s the gay side is not an issue nor is it taken as such.

I to wonder what is so wrong with a light hearted debate and comments of a similar tone.

I am not gay for the record but i also believe it,s each to his / her own so long as it,s not offensive and like many, have friends who are gay / different and they are all perfectly respectable human beings.

marshbags :o

P.S.

I still wonder how he is able to do this legally, but perhaps it is wrong of me to offer it for debate and comments in your opinion.

I have no problem with your views but felt obliged to perhaps offer my take also as i started the thread.

Unbelievable is all that comes to mind and no offence was intended by any of us i,m sure. :D

Edited by marshbags

I go with Gary A here, the guy sells pizza from the back of a truck and everything will be in the wifes name. He knows it's wrong to do it but does it anyway - HIS business and being gay or not does not enter into it - Thai's have a soft spot for 'Khatoeys' and if he is gay it would probably increase his business!

I sold pizza about 15 years ago from a resteraunt - they make a GOOD profit here! The Mozzarela is expensive but you buy in bulk and it gets cheaper.

Why would you need to 'discretely' tell him that it is illegal marshbags? He knows it is but still does it.

I too would just buy a piece to see how good they were - anything would beat the crap that our local 'pizza company' serves since the guy split from 'pizza hut' - such disappointment on the last visit!

I go with Gary A here, the guy sells pizza from the back of a truck and everything will be in the wifes name. He knows it's wrong to do it but does it anyway - HIS business and being gay or not does not enter into it - Thai's have a soft spot for 'Khatoeys' and if he is gay it would probably increase his business!

I sold pizza about 15 years ago from a resteraunt - they make a GOOD profit here! The Mozzarela is expensive but you buy in bulk and it gets cheaper.

Why would you need to 'discretely' tell him that it is illegal marshbags? He knows it is but still does it.

I too would just buy a piece to see how good they were - anything would beat the crap that our local 'pizza company' serves since the guy split from 'pizza hut' - such disappointment on the last visit!

You obviously go with the assumption he knows, while i, due to the circumstances hesitate to reach this conclusion.

Due to the implications regarding breaking visa regulations, i give him the benefit of the doubt that he may not fully appreciate the results of doing so.

If you know Prajak Road and the Thai enviroment around the area, it,s hard to believe he does know.

If he does, then he really is a fool for disregarding Visa Employment Laws and yes, it really is his own affair and personal choice should this be the case.

Having a chat with someone while buying a pizza and discretely ascertaining how he is able to operate without getting into bother is no big deal.

If he,s found a way to get round the laws on forbidden employment i would be interested to know and would pass on such information for the benefit of others on T.Visa who would / may want to utilize the method. ( Without naming my source / mystery pizza man. )

As for the gay referrence.

It was brought up by " Mai Krap " and not Gary.

My post was a reaction to M.K,s who took the light hearted gay referrence out of context, along with the intentions of the O.P.

I,m often called a " bald headed Yorkie " and get loads of comments from the funny to the serious.

It,s no big deal as they are only stating a fact and so long as it is within reason and not offensive it,s " up to them " :o

Lighten up a bit and take the debate for what it is, because it really isn,t meant to be vindictive or interferring in freedom, if he isn,t above the law then his will be short lived as you should know.

If he is not aware of this then i for one am willing to offer him my take on the situation, along with buying one of his Pizza,s if they look good enough to buy, on closer inspection.

If he tells me to go away or words to that effect then no problem as my personality / outlook is able to accept it and move on. :D

At least we are all debating in an adult way wether it,s positive or negative so thanks for your contributions.

I take on board yours and Gary,s observations and find them reasonable.

Due to my nature i will still risk being wrong and if possible help the guy.

marshbags :D:D:D

Edited by marshbags

Occasionally I will stick my nose in someones business but only if I know them and their circumstances. One instance was a friend from Bangkok. His girlfriend sold ice for a living. She did deliveries with her pickup truck. He started helping her and on occasion would even go to the ice plant by himself to buy ice. He didn't see any problem with helping her because he was not making any money. I explained to him that selling ice in Bangkok is a cutthroat business with vendors doing their best to steal each others customers. I told him that it is not legal for him to help her for whatever reason. As soon as one of her competitors got upset they could contact Thai officials and that it was VERY possible that they would haul him off to jail for working without a permit. He told her that he could no longer help her and suggested she find a young Thai man to help her with the heavy work. She did that and the young man even helped her to expand the business because he too had friends who bought ice daily. It's true that it was none of my business BUT I didn't want to see him get in trouble because he really DIDN'T know.

Well no pizza man around so I guess I,ll have to make my own.

Cheers all the same

Sorry if some people got upset with this topic ,,but come on,,,please,,,get a grip.Theres far worse things going on in the world.

Cheers :o

He's now on Prajak Road right in front of Siam Commercial Bank, been there for a few weeks.

Bought one a couple of months ago but haven't been back as I didn't enjoy it - but horses for courses, so for 99 baht give it a whirl. I don't like what they call pizza at Pizza Company, either.

IMO go to the happy (don't want to say 'gay'!) bar and get one there (takes a while and he can only cook one at a time but worth it).

Edited by Mel Brooks

• 2 months later...

The Pizza man returns. The man in question is French and is reportedly a professional chef in his homeland. I saw him a few weeks back outside the train station, but he also operates outside his premises opposite the Pantawee hotel. But he wont be around for much longer. Rumour has it he's making a big loss. Or so the locals tell me.