Passenger Van Hit by Cement Truck. Sixteen Injured

webfact

Passenger Van Hit by Cement Truck. Sixteen Injured
Story by Albert Jack

16w.jpg

The lottery of life that is travelling in Thai passenger vehicles.

PATTAYA: -- Just after midnight on July 14 police and rescue medics were called to the Pattaya Bypass km. 116.3, Route no. 7 phase 2, Banglamung, Chonburi.

Reports had been received that a Pattaya-Bangkok passenger van (Pattaya license no. 15-9705) had been hit from behind by a cement lorry.

At the scene medics treated sixteen people, including a two-year old girl. Twelve of them have been taken to hospital. Two passengers, one man and one woman, were trapped inside the minibus and had to be cut free by rescue workers.

Two-hundred meters along the road the cement truck, license no. 62-4255 Bangkok and belonging to the Nam Heng Group Co., Ltd, had front end damage and a smashed windscreen. The driver, forty-nine year old Aroon Chantawira, had stomach injuries and he too was taken to hospital.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/227393/reversing-minivan-hit-cement-truck/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-07-14

I was thinking how fast was cement truck going because minivans go so fast then I read the extra piece ,the f@&$;)(<deleted> was reversing ,is there not one good minivan driver in the country ,sorry silly question ,it's because they are so stupid to care about the passengers

What amazes me is the fact that they have to publish the registration number of the van and truck.

With all the crazy defamation laws I would have thought that the van owner would sue the newspaper for ruining his reputation.

What amazes me is the fact that they have to publish the registration number of the van and truck.

With all the crazy defamation laws I would have thought that the van owner would sue the newspaper for ruining his reputation.

What Reputation,,,,Being an F....n Idiot?

Whenever my other half goes home I let her take the car, I would rather be at home knowing that she is a safe and steady driver and will come back to me in one piece rather than allow her life, and the lives of her fellow passengers, be put at risk by one of these cowboys. When oh when will the government insist that these vans are (a) fitted with speed limiters & (B) trackers, to ensure that they comply with traffic laws and © Tachographs ?

I really do despair at the needless waste of life because these MORONS are allowed to (a) drive tired, (B) drive under the influence of drink or drugs © drive too fast (d) ignore all rules of the road (e) have unrealistic journey times set by the bus owners and I have experienced this personally where the owner has called the driver (while we were doing 140 kph) to know why he wasn't at the next pickup point etc etc.

Wild horses will never drag me back into one of those coffins on wheels.

Please, Department of Land Transport get your act together and come down hard on these idiots.

A minivan accident and nobody died. Thats a rare sight. Take the bus next time.

Sorry but are they any better. Ok the local buses are a bit better but VIP buses ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no way Pedro.
VIP buses are larger- newer- safer- more comfort - have a conductor and seat belts. A very safe form of transport compared to Mini van.

He was in reverse on the highway, the idiot !!!
On Wednesday July 6, I was coming from Bangkok heading towards Pattaya on highway 7 (going to Sattahip) and suddenly I had to brake because a BUS was making a U-turn on the highway. This just happened a few hundred meters in front of me. This was causing a complete traffic jam towards Pattaya. After the bus did its U-turn it drove on the emergency lane for several km to an exit. All the cars that were using the emergency lane, because all Thai are in emergency when the road is jammed, were forced to use the normal lanes.

Got to get the lottery numbers from somewhere!!

Got to get the lottery numbers from somewhere!!

Thats the first time i have seen numbers and company named, very strange?