Disabled man murder suspects plead not guilty in court

webfact

Disabled man murder suspects plead not guilty in court
By Coconuts Bangkok

13103517_10153366359257127_8845429446011
Five of the suspects are presented at a press conference on May 3, 2016. The sixth suspect was in hospital for an injury he sustained during the attack. Photo: Juthamas Na Songkhla

BANGKOK: -- The seven youths accused of killing a disabled bread deliveryman in the Chokchai 4 neighborhood in May pleaded not guilty at the Criminal Court in their first trial this morning.

The suspects — including six young men aged 18-23 and their 19-year-old female friend — denied all three charges including murder, possession of knives, and intrusion of the bakery. The next trial is set for Sept. 19.

Anantachai Chaidech, the lawyer who represents the victim's family, said the suspects’ denial of the charges will benefit his side since the court can now consider giving them the highest punishment, which is death penalty, Post Today reported.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/07/14/disabled-man-murder-suspects-plead-not-guilty-court

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2016-07-14

One wonders how on earth they could put a defence. What will their excuse be? Self-defence? They fact that they have plead not guilty tells me the various parties were not able to come to a secret deal prior to this hearing. That would usually be what would happen. Negotiations must be ongoing.

Anantachai Chaidech, the lawyer who represents the victim's family, said the suspects’ denial of the charges will benefit his side since the court can now consider giving them the highest punishment, which is death penalty,

One can only hope.

Hope these turds don't get off because of copper family members.

In the Thai justice system and after all is done and dusted these turds will likely end up as career police officers following in the steps of their fathers. Pardon me for being cynical and disillusioned but in this country is seems that is how the legal cards fall.

Anantachai Chaidech, the lawyer who represents the victim's family, said the suspects’ denial of the charges will benefit his side since the court can now consider giving them the highest punishment, which is death penalty,

Dream on, .....cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Highest punishment my Poo-poo-behind, to put it mildly.....

Highest punishment, 100 Baht each and slap on the finger maybe,..... then future cops due to father cops' influential relationships,.... wanna bet?

Otherwise why would they plead not guilty? wai2.gifwai2.gif

Edited by MaxLee

After having an argument with the one victim the 4 men "called 2 friends who arrived later with knives" ....the very knives used to kill the man ....

I believe that could be called premeditation!!

(I could break that down into a long discussion but I will just leave it for now.)

The usual Thai way....regardless of supporting video evidence, which went viral in Thailand, whatever, never plead guilty....not guilty your honour.......until of course the judge/s call them guilty as proven and at sentencing time....change the plea to guilty.

The legal system here would have to be amongst the most inane anywhere.......!

The suspects — including six young men aged 18-23 and their 19-year-old female friend — denied all three charges including murder, possession of knives, and intrusion of the bakery.

Somehow the courts find a way to disregard video evidence in many cases and all it accomplishes is total contempt for the system.

They said they didnt have knives, if not how come the CCTV showed them with knives. Lieing little turds. If this case is shown to be truely fair and they get sentences that they deserve then faith in the police will go sky high. Not likely to happen though I know

How can they plead not guilty?

Were there no witnesses?

Witnesses can be "persuaded" to withdraw their testimony.

The best example of this I can think of is the acquittal of Duangchalerm Yubamrung of a charge of murder when over 50 witnesses recanted their statements.

Just the fact that they are completely denying the attack shows a lot about the moral fibre of these disgusting young men. Are they so arrogant as to think they are going to be found not guilty because of their connections ? Man up and admit what you did ! but you are not real men.

They said they didnt have knives, if not how come the CCTV showed them with knives. Lieing little turds. If this case is shown to be truely fair and they get sentences that they deserve then faith in the police will go sky high. Not likely to happen though I know

It's called trick photography, the knives and other weapons were added to enhance the evidence. Only in Thailand.

I thought it was only the HiSo's and Politicians that pleaded not guilty,

something is not right here,

regards worgeordie

Hasn't been right since day 1, something to do with scumbag kids, parents, Police, etc. If not for social media it would be done and dusted by now.

How can they plead not guilty?

Were there no witnesses?

Witnesses can be "persuaded" to withdraw their testimony.

The best example of this I can think of is the acquittal of Duangchalerm Yubamrung of a charge of murder when over 50 witnesses recanted their statements.

From memory, wasn't one of the main witnesses a military sniper who recanted his recollection of the event claiming poor eyesight - - yeah right - - trained as sniper / poor eyesight, yep probably true.

One wonders how on earth they could put a defence. What will their excuse be? Self-defence? They fact that they have plead not guilty tells me the various parties were not able to come to a secret deal prior to this hearing. That would usually be what would happen. Negotiations must be ongoing.

Their defense will be money to the courts.

WHAT A JOKE THIS LEGAL SYSTEM IS. If your Thai you should be ashamed of your country. We punish citizens and the police in the USA when an injustice is done but not here and it was on video, why even entertain a not guilty plea facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

"Anantachai Chaidech, the lawyer who represents the victim's family, said the suspects’ denial of the charges will benefit his side since the court can now consider giving them the highest punishment, which is death penalty, Post Today reported.''

How does it benefit the case?

It means they might, might, get the sentence of death they want, but I fail to see how it benefits the case.

...wasn't it even filmed.....???

...this is beyond absurd.....

...another travesty......

...the first was .......7 cowards attacking and killing a physically (and mentally?) challenged innocent individual.....