Best Windows Laptop to buy in Thailand?

Thaidude

Any suggestions on which is the best laptop to buy(Windows) in Thailand? Please no Apple products as I need Windows specifically.

My main criteria is thin laptop. Currently i use macbook air so i am kinda used to that weight.

I dont do gaming at all so no preference for graphics card

I do a lot of multitasking so yea higher RAM

Oh yes battery life should be fantastic. I hate to charge the laptop back from dead. Currently my 2012 macbook air is giving me 3 hours only which sucks

13 inch is perfect for me

Thanks in advance

Windows laptops similar to MacBook Air are Dell XPS 13 , HP Spectre 13 , Asus Zenbook, and if you have the money and want the full windows experience then of course the Microsoft SurfaceBook.

I'm sure others can provide more suggestions

Edited by Aussie69

your requirements are conflicting:

- small laptops don't come with large RAM, 13" are equipped at most with 8 GB

- the small & slim size also impacts battery life negatively

best for battery life would be a lenovo thinkpad, but it's not slim

your best bet could be a microsoft surface book

I think the closest to your requirements would be Lenovo X1 Carbon.

Here are the specs from the Lenovo US page: http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/x-series/

I can't read Thai, but is seems that the new X1 models (Gen4) are not available in Thailand yet: http://shopap.lenovo.com/th/th/laptops/thinkpad/x-series/

I don't know how it compares to the Macbook Air size wise, but it certainly has all the specs that you require.

8 GB is perfect for me. A battery life of 6 to 8 hours would be great. 12 hours would be awesome

check out the sites of invade IT and lazada - they have product selectors - input 8GB and 13" screen size and choose any ASUS, Microsoft, HP, DELL, Toshiba or Lenovo that suits your needs.

Some mentioned here the Microsoft Surface.

well let me share my own experience:

Even more reasons to "More reasons to Why I hate my Microsoft Surface tablet With Win 8.1!!! UPDATED 3". UPDATED 4

at http://lorberboim.com/?p=7185

Haim

I hate to have to defend Microsoft, but you information and link are way out of date.

The surface runs on Windows 10 now and a lot of those issues no longer exist. I owned a surface pro 3 an loved it. It was one of the best laptop/tablet I have ever owned.The only reason I got a new laptop was because my job changed an I needed something with more performance. I'm an electronics engineer and I basically needed the fastest laptop available (engineering work).

My main gripe with the surface is the price (not that a mac is any better). The price to performance isn't that good. But the build quality and form factor is great.

Just bought a Lenovo L440 14 in. ThinkPad. I am impressed so far and i thought it was a great deal for the price i5 4210M 2.6 GHz, 8 GB ram, 1 TB hard drive. Very solid machine for 14,990 (IT City) or 13,990 (Lazada).

What about battery life ?

Even more reasons to "More reasons to Why I hate my Microsoft Surface tablet With Win 8.1!!! UPDATED 3". UPDATED 4

Haim

I hate to have to defend Microsoft, but you information and link are way out of date.

The surface runs on Windows 10 now and a lot of those issues no longer exist. I owned a surface pro 3 an loved it. It was one of the best laptop/tablet I have ever owned.The only reason I got a new laptop was because my job changed an I needed something with more performance. I'm an electronics engineer and I basically needed the fastest laptop available (engineering work).

My main gripe with the surface is the price (not that a mac is any better). The price to performance isn't that good. But the build quality and form factor is great.

In my experience and opinion this was way inferior to any simple, cheep Chinese crap.

Edited by lorbhaim

your requirements are conflicting:

- small laptops don't come with large RAM, 13" are equipped at most with 8 GB

- the small & slim size also impacts battery life negatively

best for battery life would be a lenovo thinkpad, but it's not slim

your best bet could be a microsoft surface book

I have an Asus, which is small, very slim and light, and has about 7 hours battery life.

But only about probably 8 GB.

Was looking for similar notebook myself.

Absolutely best deals i could find in Thailand are two promotions on headdaddy com:

Asus Zenbook 13" UX305UA-FB004T and UX305UA-FC002T - both top models with 8gb ram and compared to western countries they come at a very low price.

On amazon there are 13" zenbooks that come with 20gb ram already but not available in Thailand, yet.

Dell XPS would be nice, too. They are available with 16gb ram but are quite expensive - in Thailand even more than in other countries...

Haim

Yeah the early Surface RT devices with ARM processors were horrible, then load 8.0 on top and the package was a disaster.

Next gen they moved to Intel Haswell, an improvement, but still hidden under that aweful 8.1 OS

Surface Pro 4 with Win10 is a whole new ball game, much improvement - but they released SurfaceBook atv the same time, it is the prefered option in my opinion.

Edited by Aussie69

Just bought a Lenovo L440 14 in. ThinkPad. I am impressed so far and i thought it was a great deal for the price i5 4210M 2.6 GHz, 8 GB ram, 1 TB hard drive. Very solid machine for 14,990 (IT City) or 13,990 (Lazada).

What about battery life ?

Haven't tried it on battery yet but they claim 8 hours +

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...