International driving license ?

So with my Thai driving license in hand is it possible to apply for a Thai issued international license. Mainly because I got a motorbike license here but not in Europe but would like to drive there as well. Any thoughts, experience on that and if what is required and where can this be done?

So with my Thai driving license in hand is it possible to apply for a Thai issued international license. Mainly because I got a motorbike license here but not in Europe but would like to drive there as well. Any thoughts, experience on that and if what is required and where can this be done?

Yes, possible.

But also with your Thai motorbike licence you can ride a bike in Europe.

Yes, possible.

This i really doubt as the Thai driving license is strictly limited to ASEAN countries. Same a a German license is limited to Europe. Edited by blueyeshk

Yes, possible.

This i really doubt as the Thai driving license is strictly limited to ASEAN countries. Same a a German license is limited to Europe.
No. Thai (5 year) licence and German licence are both worldwide. Where did you pick up your information?

Yes, possible.

This i really doubt as the Thai driving license is strictly limited to ASEAN countries. Same a a German license is limited to Europe.
No. Thai (5 year) licence and German licence are both worldwide. Where did you pick up your information?

Any given Police Control in Asia will ask you for an international DL if it were true what u say than the international would have no meaning.

no police control in 16 different countries has ever asked me for an international driving permit! and my international driving goes back 40 years now.

and 'yes' you can drive in thailand with your german licence and vise versa. goes for many other countries, too.

the 'idp' is a relic of pre photo licence days.

Yes, possible.

Any given Police Control in Asia will ask you for an international DL if it were true what u say than the international would have no meaning.

IDP is a translation of your home licence. Now if your home licence is not in English, in many countries worldwide an IDP will be required. But if it is in English and with a photo, in many countriesd worldwide it will be accepted. hence Thai licence is legal in Germany, and German licence is legal in Thailand. I.e. for a limited time period, in Thailand e.g. 3 months, in many western countries one year.

However, I can not guarantee the Thai BIB will not ask for an IDP, so it never hurts to have one.

I see no answer to my question yet, "Where did you pick up your information?". Does this mean you're presuming?