Thais warned: Don't go to Thaksin's birthday party - we might not let you back home

webfact

They should have called the bluff made by the Un-Elected P.M., leader of an illegal coup, and gone anyway.

Let him try to prevent a large number of Thai citizens from returning to their own country.

This autocrat is going deeper into the bunker daily.

Rank amateur.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thaksin organises a large birthday party for himself, but the finds out he doesn't have as many friends as he first thought.

So to save face he spreads an unsubstantiated rumour(via buying column inches on Thairath)...saying Prayuth is to blame for crashing(& burning) his party!

Now he's organised a smaller party with only close friends and family....ahhhh diddums!

Edited by HappyDazed

"And they intimated that people who went might not be allowed to return to Thailand."

The Universal Declaration of Human Rights Article 13.

(1) Everyone has the right to freedom of movement and residence within the borders of each state.

(2) Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and to return to his country.

Article 15.

(1) Everyone has the right to a nationality.

(2) No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his nationality nor denied the right to change his nationality.

the universal declaration of human rights vs art 44 universal declaration of prauth

I do not have a particular view on this. Yes Thaksin was convicted in absentia. Yes the Junta granted themselves immunity from all crimes past present and future. Yes the Military and there Elite Cronies still control LOS with an Iron grip.

I believe no matter how long it takes that the Thai People will one day change this equation.

But What never ceases to amaze me is the tirades from the Thaksin Haters? What did he do to you personally. Or did your Isso friends tell you how bad he is.

Me I try to listen to both sides.

I have me own opinions

But in the end on the running of the State and Government I have none because I have no say any way.

And just hope that they continue to let me stay in their lovely country.[/quote

Fact check on your part, Thaksin wasn't convicted absentia, he was convicted prior to absconding from the country. Makes the rest of you post a bit dodgy, doesn't it?

He was overthrown in a military coup on 19 September 2006. His party was outlawed and he was barred from political activity.[4] Thaksin has since lived in self-imposed exile except for a brief visit to Thailand in 2008. He was sentenced in absentia to two years in jail for abuse of power. From abroad he has continued to influence Thai politics, through the People's Power Party that ruled in 2008, and its successor organization Pheu Thai Party, as well as the United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship or "red shirt" movement. His younger sister Yingluck Shinawatra was the prime minister of Thailand from 2011 to 2014.

Taksin resigned before the coup (5 April 2008) took place, at that time he was an Caretaker Premier on overtime.

http://freepress.org/article/thaksin-resigns

I do not have a particular view on this. Yes Thaksin was convicted in absentia. Yes the Junta granted themselves immunity from all crimes past present and future. Yes the Military and there Elite Cronies still control LOS with an Iron grip.

I believe no matter how long it takes that the Thai People will one day change this equation.

But What never ceases to amaze me is the tirades from the Thaksin Haters? What did he do to you personally. Or did your Isso friends tell you how bad he is.

Me I try to listen to both sides.

I have me own opinions

But in the end on the running of the State and Government I have none because I have no say any way.

And just hope that they continue to let me stay in their lovely country.[/quote

Fact check on your part, Thaksin wasn't convicted absentia, he was convicted prior to absconding from the country. Makes the rest of you post a bit dodgy, doesn't it?

He was overthrown in a military coup on 19 September 2006. His party was outlawed and he was barred from political activity.[4] Thaksin has since lived in self-imposed exile except for a brief visit to Thailand in 2008. He was sentenced in absentia to two years in jail for abuse of power. From abroad he has continued to influence Thai politics, through the People's Power Party that ruled in 2008, and its successor organization Pheu Thai Party, as well as the United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship or "red shirt" movement. His younger sister Yingluck Shinawatra was the prime minister of Thailand from 2011 to 2014.

Missing one important step and a little confused.

He was out of the country when he was initially overthrown and lived outside of Thailand, he returned and faced a law court, found guilty, at this point he left the country on the understanding he would return, which he didn't and has been a fugitive since that point. Yes he was found guilty in absentia while he was a fugitive of justice but this has nothing to do with his initial flight into self exile.

Isn't that a face you'd just love to punch. 555555

What a piece of excrement, glad it's having another birthday.....one step closer to death.

He probably has the same views about expats like you who feel the need to meddle in politics of a nation that you are merely a guest in.

Always engage brain before opening ones mouth.

I think you should get some advice on my status in Thailand. Then follow your last sentence you wrote.

They are wise words the last ones. wink.png

And what is your status oh wise one? Another "Don't you know who I am".

You are a to new member to know whom he is.

He probably has the same views about expats like you who feel the need to meddle in politics of a nation that you are merely a guest in.

I think you should get some advice on my status in Thailand. Then follow your last sentence you wrote.

Childish retort, not everyone actually cares about anonymous people they've never had the fortune, or the misfortune to meet. wink.png

I didnt realize Thaksin is still so popular, nice of the PM to let us know

Free all expense paid trip to HK for a party? Hell, I may jump on that one myself.

BTW, who is is this Thaksin guy?

Who is Thaksin? He is the bogeyman the junta uses as an excuse to overthrow an elected government and cling on to power. Some Thais believe this <deleted>, but what's astonishing is that a small group of foreigners believe it too!!

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif

if you believe that hype, then you don't understand the real reason the Military removed the corrupt PTP (Thaksin) government and why they are holding onto power for the present

Yeah the reason was he tried to take the power away from the army,he tried to take the power away from royalists,and he didn't take bribes from the hisos in bkk.If thaksin would be in office there wouldn't be an army what can coup whenever they don't like an elected government.So all 3parties decided it's time to go for Thaksin,but a coup was not enough,so they handpicked some judges and sentenced him to a prison term for petty crime or made up stories.Why is it that Thaksin can travel to any country he want?Because the rest of the world not recognizes the prison sentence from handpicked junta judges

Free all expense paid trip to HK for a party? Hell, I may jump on that one myself.

BTW, who is is this Thaksin guy?

Who is Thaksin? He is the bogeyman the junta uses as an excuse to overthrow an elected government and cling on to power. Some Thais believe this <deleted>, but what's astonishing is that a small group of foreigners believe it too!!

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif

if you believe that hype, then you don't understand the real reason the Military removed the corrupt PTP (Thaksin) government and why they are holding onto power for the present

Yeah the reason was he tried to take the power away from the army,he tried to take the power away from royalists,and he didn't take bribes from the hisos in bkk.If thaksin would be in office there wouldn't be an army what can coup whenever they don't like an elected government.So all 3parties decided it's time to go for Thaksin,but a coup was not enough,so they handpicked some judges and sentenced him to a prison term for petty crime or made up stories.Why is it that Thaksin can travel to any country he want?Because the rest of the world not recognizes the prison sentence from handpicked junta judges

I don't believe that's correct. As I understand it Thaksin became too popular for his own good and was believed to be rivalling a certain other person in the affections of altogether too many people. The clincher appears to have been his popularity with a certain person in the big house, who was believed not to be a great supporter of the existing feudal barons. There was great concern at what might happen to their interests if that person found himself suddenly thrust into the limelight.

As with everything in Thailand the general indiscipline and clamour for a moment in the publicity sun makes everything complicated and chaotic, so I would be loathe to claim my opinion is more correct than yours. Probably the truth approximates to a combination both, and probably other factors as well.

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

He could be a reincarnation post-35489-0-86494800-1455289589.gif

Well done PM Prayuth, birthday party ? just an excuse for a political gathering of those who destroyed democracy in Thailand. When the fugitive blows out the candles on the cake lets hope he can contemplate on the damage that his divisive politics has caused Thailand. How many times will he repeat his lies that he has quit politics.

What a piece of excrement, glad it's having another birthday.....one step closer to death.

They are indeed wise words, why then are you not following them?

Neverdie is bang on

If he can do that to Thais just think what he can do to TVM. The time is nigh!!! Beware your being watched and catalogued.

Just saying ...

What a mob of bone heads this Junta is , Prayut showing his true colours , desperate men doing desperate things, all in the name of harmony and peace, anyone wants to take a trip back in time needs to go no further than Thailand , well Prayut , what comes around goes around , don't say I didn't warn U.........................coffee1.gif

NOBODY has said anything. The only people known to have said anything are some members of PTP. Maybe they do not want to waste their money going to a crappy party to kiss Thaksin's ass. Maybe they realise his time is done and he is of no further use to them, so "ooh someone in the Government implied this and implied that" is an easy option. Nobody in Government has said anything. And YOU need to remember that this forum is not anonymous and unless you are living outside this area you would be best placed to really think about what you write.

What an absolutely vile thing to say about a person.

But ok you want to call people disgusting names, then don't piss and moan when it is you on the receiving end.

Considering the fantastic and extremely positive things and achievement's he has made for the country. What on earth have you done for the country?

I reckon NOTHING in comparison to Thaksins achievement's,

your list of achievements;

like most of us bought a little money in, paid some taxes added to the economy a little. BIG DEAL mate,

And as for your so-call you should look at my status in Thailand. You sound much like a so-called hi-so,,, do you know who I am? I have connections, do you know who my father is? Sounds like you have lived here to long and think you are above the other people of the country and the world.

Are you a Thai citerzen? if not then .

post-170405-14686049359424_thumb.jpg

Prayuth really is a sad, pathetic and scared little man. Who in hell is he to tell citizens who's birthday party they can and can't attend? Thailand isn't a dictatorship as claimed, so stop trying to create north Korea in your own borders.

Prayuth had better pray and hope that he clings to power for the rest of his life as I sense a whole lot of whoop arse heading his way. In true thai political retaliation a lot of charges and prison time will be awaiting him. Keep waiving that Thaksin flag and keep him in the spotlight because without him you're dead in the water.

What a mob of bone heads this Junta is , Prayut showing his true colours , desperate men doing desperate things, all in the name of harmony and peace, anyone wants to take a trip back in time needs to go no further than Thailand , well Prayut , what comes around goes around , don't say I didn't warn U.........................coffee1.gif

NOBODY has said anything. The only people known to have said anything are some members of PTP. Maybe they do not want to waste their money going to a crappy party to kiss Thaksin's ass. Maybe they realise his time is done and he is of no further use to them, so "ooh someone in the Government implied this and implied that" is an easy option. Nobody in Government has said anything. And YOU need to remember that this forum is not anonymous and unless you are living outside this area you would be best placed to really think about what you write.

Prayuth and his thugs don't scare me and he will never take my thoughts or opinions off me, he won't squash me between his toes like he does to thais.

Given the junta's over the top paranoia, it would be a very believable lie . Can Article 44 render a Thai citizen stateless ? By not letting a citizen back into his own country, you would be doing just that. Any leader who would give himself god like

powers would forgo benefit of the doubt.

Section 44 gives Prayuth the power to do anything he pleases, he can rape and murder our wives and daughters if he wants without any repercussions, he is protected under his personal section 44, it's like an ongoing amnesty.

What an absolutely vile thing to say about a person.

But ok you want to call people disgusting names, then don't piss and moan when it is you on the receiving end.

Considering the fantastic and extremely positive things and achievement's he has made for the country. What on earth have you done for the country?

I reckon NOTHING in comparison to Thaksins achievement's,

your list of achievements;

like most of us bought a little money in, paid some taxes added to the economy a little. BIG DEAL mate,

And as for your so-call you should look at my status in Thailand. You sound much like a so-called hi-so,,, do you know who I am? I have connections, do you know who my father is? Sounds like you have lived here to long and think you are above the other people of the country and the world.

Are you a Thai citerzen? if not then .

Excrement, is that the word that upset you? I'm fairly sure you will find its a relatively clean word from the English dictionary.

I'm DEFINATELY not hi-so, thanks very much, I've always earnt my money cleanly with hard work, not cheating, thieving, lying, deceiving, murdering other folk,corruption, like some 'other' folk do. Of course there's always those people who like to appear to be doing stuff for 'other folk' but in reality they are busy lining their own pockets etc. that wasn't me either.

Anyhow, it seems some what to apply their own meanings to my earlier words here, perhaps I should of bean more precise in my words, I'm not an expat, like I was originally accused of. ;)

Okey dokey, have a nice day. I also forgot to mention, I can come and go from Thailand as I please, whenever I like, unlike the birthday boy, so at least I Must be doing something right. ;). 555555555 - sad to be him, I guess.

Ohhh yeah and I'm not a reincarnation either, Jetset (another quote here somewhere) what the hell is wrong with you? 5555555

I wish Thaksin a Happy Birthday. Maybe will see many at you at his birthday in a few Year when Pheu Thai again become Government albeit under another name. By then the Generals will have left with their pilfered wealth on their 3 chinese made submarine ( If they actually run) and go to China

The Thai People will run their own Country.

I hope the next time they invest in their Youth with extensive education so Thailand can truly reach its potential.

Of course many of you who live here will dish the Thai people but I believe there is more good than bad.

Do not forget your Chill pill and remember Don't worry Be Happy :) LOS

So if Thaksin is such a big threat that you warn people of visiting him, Why haven't you just brought him back to Thailand to serve his prison sentence? What is keeping you from doing that?

Because no other country on the planet recognizes him as a criminal.

Triple yawn...

I wish Thaksin a Happy Birthday. Maybe will see many at you at his birthday in a few Year when Pheu Thai again become Government albeit under another name. By then the Generals will have left with their pilfered wealth on their 3 chinese made submarine ( If they actually run) and go to China

I hope the next time they invest in their Youth with extensive education so Thailand can truly reach its potential.

Of course many of you who live here will dish the Thai people but I believe there is more good than bad.

Do not forget your Chill pill and remember Don't worry Be Happy smile.png LOS

?

Thais warned: Don't go to Thaksin's birthday party - we might not let you back home

GOOD, the most influential Thaksin henchmen and the rest of Thaksin's criminal gang, who can afford it will be more than happy to "flee the country and escape punishment"

Let the EXODUS BEGIN!!!!!!!! cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

Kiwiken, on 16 Jul 2016 - 07:15, said:snapback.png

Do not forget your Chill pill and remember Don't worry Be Happy smile.png LOS

?

"I hope the next time they invest in their Youth with extensive education so Thailand can truly reach its potential." Wow, nice thought, but:

- The PT gang of thieves already had 12 - 14 years to improve education - nothing happened, and don't forget the paymaster was the Ed. Minister in a previous government.

- Among their ranks there is nobody remotely qualified to design a new education system let alone implement it. And they have zero intent to do this, it's never been mentioned in any serious statement.

- PT's focus is on raping the country and nothing more. Why would they set out to make Thais more educated, and therefore more able to realize what PT actually stands for?

- They have no interest or intent to improve anything except their own bank balance. They are a mob of immoral unethical clowns paid by a convicted mafia leader who jumped bail and not much more.

- The paymaster recently announced that he wanted ms sud....to be the next party leader* - miss 30% which became miss 50%.

*note:

Did the party executive committee make this decision and this announcement? No.

The announcement was made by the party OWNER who makes all decisions and not once has any of his employees (PT politicians) dared to make a comment on the paymaster's (the party owner) decisions or comments.

And this party claims to build democracy ... Remember: "Democracy is not my aim", "Democracy is not important for Thailand."

Edited by scorecard

"But word got round through senior Pheu Thai officials

..."

This is the only "proof" that this news is true and everyone is taking this hearsay as gospel. The junta has never been worried about making open threats so why would they suddenly keep this one hushed up. It sounds more like a ploy by PTP to further their/Thaksin's political agenda :rolleyes:

Edited by SABloke