Deportation Process..

Scenario visa run to the cambodian border:

(being pulled to one side) if i can't show i have sufficient funds to exist and no outward boarding ticket, does this mean i will be blacklisted or deported? most toursists don't match these requirements and since i've never violated any laws of the kingodm except the above should i worry about deportation or being blacklisted? most important, what is the difference? does blacklisted mean never to re-enter the kingdom? as far as i'm aware deported means i'm not to enter until six months has expired? feel free to direct as you wish. thanx for your time.

Thaimee.

Hello.

I have no idea at all what'll happen...But I've heard from a lot of people (Among others a lawyer working a lot with visa matters) that the last place a foreigner should go for a visa run nowadays is Cambodia (Or more specific Poi Pet).

Best regards,

Trond

Unrelated URL removed by admin.

yes, Aranyprathet 2 Cambodia. since numerous coaches go, i would go unoticed amongst dozens of toursists who are doing dito. hey were all in the same boat. this must mean were all to be considered for deportation! so it's all of us deported or nothing, or possibly the select few.

having checked out the thai immigartion forum and i'm still clueless. as for other, perhaps i should continue doing the monthly visa runs until i hear something concrete from immigration? anyone clued about the difference between deported and blacklisted or are the rules made up to suit taste?

Thaimee.

Guest chingy

thaimee did you go to poipet recently and they pull you a side and ask question or did you get caught, i didn't quite understand what you were saying, please explain i would like to know more of what's going on..

yes, Aranyprathet 2 Cambodia. since numerous coaches go, i would go unoticed amongst dozens of toursists who are doing dito. hey were all in the same boat. this must mean were all to be considered for deportation! so it's all of us deported or nothing, or possibly the select few.

having checked out the thai immigartion forum and i'm still clueless. as for other, perhaps i should continue doing the monthly visa runs until i hear something concrete from immigration? anyone clued about the difference between deported and blacklisted or are the rules made up to suit taste?

Thaimee.

If you are deported from Thailand, you will also be blacklisted. The black list does not permit you to return to the Kingdom. If you cannot come up with your airfare home, you will remain in detention until someone provides the necessary funds

i've noticed to many people are confused at thaivisa.com? my thread was a scenario. for more information please visit the thai immigration forum. thanx.

correct me if i'm wrong, deportation should allow you the privelage of waiting before re-entering the kingdom?

dr_pat_pong please explain how is it i hear that people wait a certain period before re-entering? umm. perhaps this is a rumour?

surely blacklisted means you are classified with peadophile, drug smuggler to be put on a secret list. this brings a new meaning to outstaying one's welcome?

(still think the rules are made up to suit) Thaimee.

to add to the previous. how does the deportation process span out? a few Q's:

A: Stuck at the border with 'possesions' hundreds of miles from your person,

B: Have funds to prove and not a free loader, but monies tied up in investment,

C: Don't wanna go back to motherland but want the option of visiting Asian country? any suggestions welcome.

these are just a few questions i would like answered if it's not too much trouble?

Thaimee.

surely blacklisted means you are classified with peadophile, drug smuggler to be put on a secret list. this brings a new meaning to outstaying one's welcome?

as far as i'm aware deported means i'm not to enter until six months has expired?

forget about 6 months, there is no statute of limitations, if you are declared personna non grata in Thailand you are on the blacklist for good

you can be deported and added to the blacklist for just overstaying your visa. yes it is the same list as "paedophile, drug smugglers etc." as you suggested.

Warning - Note that overstaying is technically breaking the law and while there is little problem with it if you 'surrender' yourself to Immigration at the airport, it can be a very different story if you are stopped by the police beforehand for whatever reason and are found to have overstayed - no matter for how long. This may well lead to you being detained in one of the feared Immigration Detention Center for a few days while your case is processed. Needless to say, this is an experience you can well do without, as conditions inside have been described by Amnesty International as 'cruel and degrading' and 'seriously overcrowded'.

Though the chances of ending up in this situation are very small, you'd still be well advised to not overstay your visa if at all possible. If you do overstay for any reason, obviously you should steer well clear of any kind of activities that might attract the attention of the authorities.

To be personna non grata in Thailand is very serious case—i.e., your name is recorded in a secret ‘Confidential List’, popularly known as the ‘black list’; and you will be banned from entering Thailand forever. It is extremely difficult to have your name removed from the ‘black list’.

facts are facts, and how insulting they are! so if you have a non-immigrant visa 'O' and perhaps have your money tied up, like i should imagine alot of people do, then you too are speculative criminals in respect of what we have discussed!

thankfully i've never overstayed or done anything illegal other than not meeting these requirement of having a thousand dollars on me and an outward boarding ticket every time i go to the border. this is criminal slander, but facts are facts!

how many people travel with such documentation or papers every time they go the border. please put up your hands?

Thaimee

powers of deduction amaze and enligthen. if one hasn't funds then i would advise employemnt in motherland. as for those who have funds i advise caution. perhaps it would be a good idea to find a lwayer? i shall look into this peeps. thanx for thread bartender100. keep them coming...

Thaimee.

Time Out People

i must first apologise for leaving out some facts. when i referred to being 'pulled to one side', this would be in reference to someone who let's say has repeatedly made visa runs to poi pet. exactly what are the limitations? THAT'S WHAT I'M DRIVING AT!

perhaps some people are thinking i'm referring to overstaying. i'm well aware of the consequences. so could i ask once again for a response as i feel i'm still clueless. thanx for the info on deportation and overstay, but what is the law regarding say someone repeatedly doing visa runs, is it against the law?

Thaimee.

but what is the law regarding say someone repeatedly doing visa runs, is it against the law?

of course a visa run is not against the law...many have done it for years and years, the thing any immigration officer at his discretion may say is, "you are not a tourist anymore" after looking at constant back to back tourist runs over and over. you could be denied entry but most likely will be warned this is your last one.

B: Have funds to prove and not a free loader, but monies tied up in investment

this issue does not seem to come up when entering thailand for citizens of certain countries.

Guest chingy

at first i thought (thaimee) have a little problem at the border, and ask to pull aside by immigration officer, its nice to know trouble border to avoid. but as thing goes along all he want to know was how many stamp can he have before they reject him, if reject and get deported would it be in the blacklist.

all this run around came down to, how many stamp can i get before trouble start.

but as thing goes along all he want to know was how many stamp can he have before they reject him, if reject and get deported would it be in the blacklist.
rejected and put on the blacklist? not for entering thailand with too many back to back entries. read my previous post, the officer will either deny him entry back into thailand or most likely tell him it is his last entry
all this run around came down to, how many stamp can i get before trouble start

absolutly nobody can give you a number how many times, it is and always will be up to the immigration officer. sorry if that is not the answer anyone wants to hear but it is true.

but as thing goes along all he want to know was how many stamp can he have before they reject him, if reject and get deported would it be in the blacklist.

rejected and put on the blacklist? not for entering thailand with too many back to back entries. read my previous post, the officer will either deny him entry back into thailand or most likely tell him it is his last entry

all this run around came down to, how many stamp can i get before trouble start
absolutly nobody can give you a number how many times, it is and always will be up to the immigration officer. sorry if that is not the answer anyone wants to hear but it is true.

Some officers get uptight over a couple of back to backs, some pay scant attention.

It really is the luck of the draw ( and no, you can't ask for a second opinion ) We are told that the system will tighten up in July, but as yet, no announcement has been formally made by Thai Immigration.

Deportation does not always result in being blacklisted, I was deported about 3 years ago, but have returned several times since. However the first occasion I returned immigration took alot of persuading to allow me in. No problems on subsequent trips back to Thailand, though. It all depends on the circumstances.

Is being refused entry to Thailand and being sent back to your home country technically deportation? As this is the situation I was in.

Deportation does not always result in being blacklisted, I was deported about 3 years ago, but have returned several times since. However the first occasion I returned immigration took alot of persuading to allow me in. No problems on subsequent trips back to Thailand, though. It all depends on the circumstances.

Is being refused entry to Thailand and being sent back to your home country technically deportation? As this is the situation I was in.

With a big stamp from Immigration in your passport ?

Dear konangrit,

could you tell us how much persuading immigration needed?

Did you have to lecture on the niceties of morality or did you give them a nudge with a Cash payment?

Is 2,000 baht an insult or do we wait until immigration finishes spelling O-U-T?

What is a reasonable amount to pay an immigration officer?

How does 10,000 baht sound Sir?

Inexperienced Perpetrator. Thaimee. :o