400.000 Baht doesn't come from outside the country

Suppose I have 800.000 Baht on a Thai bank account as one of the requirements to be able to stay here long term. If 400.000 Baht doesn't come from outside the country, what would be the best way to deal with?

There is no requirement for the funds to come from abroad to apply for an extension of stay based upon requirement.

If you don't already have the extension or a non-o visa entry and want to apply for a non immigrant visa at immigration you will have to prove the funds came from abroad because the money does not have to be in the bank for 60 days to apply.

^

It doesn't matter if I go to Vientiane to get a Non-O visa instead of converting the Visa Exempt into a Non-O visa in Thailand?

If you apply for a non-o visa at Vientiane they will only want to see that you have the 800k baht in the bank. No need for proof it came from abroad is needed.

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the non-o visa you could apply for the extension at immigration with no requirement to show proof the funds came from abroad.

Also if you were able to prove that the 400k baht you have here already came from legally working here or from the sale of a property and etc you could apply at immigration. They want proof that the funds came abroad to eliminate the possibility you have borrowed the funds to apply for the visa.

• Like 1

^

It doesn't matter if I go to Vientiane to get a Non-O visa instead of converting the Visa Exempt into a Non-O visa in Thailand?

If you apply for a non-o visa at Vientiane they will only want to see that you have the 800k baht in the bank. No need for proof it came from abroad is needed.

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the non-o visa you could apply for the extension at immigration with no requirement to show proof the funds came from abroad.

Also if you were able to prove that the 400k baht you have here already came from legally working here or from the sale of a property and etc you could apply at immigration. They want proof that the funds came abroad to eliminate the possibility you have borrowed the funds to apply for the visa.

I entered with a tourist visa exempt 30 days stay after depositing 800K into Bangkok Bank on a previous trip. They then gave me a non-0 Visa at Bangkok Immigration, never asked for proof of where the funds came from, and then stamped the non-o visa "Used" and extended my stay to 90 days. telling to come back after 60 days. I came back after 60 day and they extended me to 1 year. I have never, in 22 years, been asked for proof of where the funds came from, presumably the requirement to show where funds came from is aimed at applicants that immigration feel are untrustworthy. In the old days there was no requirement to show funds in a Thai Bank account for 60 to 90 days, and so some applicants borrowed the money for a few days and returned it with interest after receiving the visa.

^

I entered with a tourist visa exempt 30 days stay after depositing 800K into Bangkok Bank on a previous trip. They then gave me a non-0 Visa at Bangkok Immigration, never asked for proof of where the funds came from, and then stamped the non-o visa "Used" and extended my stay to 90 days. telling to come back after 60 days. I came back after 60 day and they extended me to 1 year. I have never, in 22 years, been asked for proof of where the funds came from, presumably the requirement to show where funds came from is aimed at applicants that immigration feel are untrustworthy. In the old days there was no requirement to show funds in a Thai Bank account for 60 to 90 days, and so some applicants borrowed the money for a few days and returned it with interest after receiving the visa.

They may of done it because you had the money in the bank for more than 60 days.

When did you do it? It could of been before they started the proof of transfer rule.

Doesn't matter where it came from ,,,as long that it is in you're personal account in you're Thai bank account for 90 days or more before you apply for you're extension.

The figure of 800 K. for the first annual Visa application procedure must be in the Bank for just over 60 days.

For the next annual procedures the 800 K. figure must be in the Bank just over 90 days.

Doesn't matter where it came from ,,,as long that it is in you're personal account in you're Thai bank account for 90 days or more before you apply for you're extension.

The figure of 800 K. for the first annual Visa application procedure must be in the Bank for just over 60 days.

For the next annual procedures the 800 K. figure must be in the Bank just over 90 days.

It does not have to be over 60 days for the first extension. A person could apply on the 60th day if they wanted to.

Actually it is written in the rules as 3 months after the first extension based upon retirement. There is a difference between 3 months and 90 days.