urgent help pls .

Hi I am in serious trouble.

I live in Thailand.

my previous passport which has 5 years multiple visa and My employer kept my previous passport on the basis of which i gave resignation ..They accepted my resignation letter and hanged me for the passport that they will give this day that day and now they have refused to give me my passport and have issued the ticket and are forcefully asking me to leave the country .

What should i do ?

I want to know if i leave on my current passport will this weaken my case and will i loose my previous passport?

how will i be able to recover my previous passport by law ??

serious help needed.

You have a 5 year VISA

what kind is that? Never heard about it..

Glegolo

I have a 5 yr multiple visa of USA on my previous passport and i am working in Thailand.My employer has refused to give back my previous passport as they don't want me to avail my visa.

Report the case to the police. Then with the police report, go to the consular section of the US embassy and ask if they can transfer the visa from the old lost passport to your new passport. If they cannot, apply for a new visa.

• Like 1

Report the case to the police. Then with the police report, go to the consular section of the US embassy and ask if they can transfer the visa from the old lost passport to your new passport. If they cannot, apply for a new visa.

My employer is forcefully asking me to leave,you are saying that i should leave the passport with them ?? or you are saying that it does' nt matter if they keep the passport??

I would also liek to know the proper number of police in thaiand?

Alright I'll bite; Why surrender your passport in the first place?

they took my passport by lying to me to apply for HK visa .

What nationality are you? Have you spoken to your embassy?

I am an Indian,and embassy is closed today!

I want to know if i leave on my current passport and then come back after a few days on my own ,will this weaken my case and will i loose my previous passport?

Your employer has no legal right to keep any passport. Demand it's return, and if they won't give it back go to your local police station and report the employer. The police will then have to contact the employer.

• Like 2

Do they not have a website or emergency phone no offering practical guidance 24/7?

I can't answer post 11 until you explain how you have 2 passports.

It is possible to have two valid passports, or an old passport that still has a valid visa.

• Like 1

Do they not have a website or emergency phone no offering practical guidance 24/7?

I can't answer post 11 until you explain how you have 2 passports.

It is possible to have two valid passports, or an old passport that still has a valid visa.

old passport has valid visas.

Understood, but if the OP entered on the passport being held how does s/he expect to leave on ppt 2?

I have 2 passports as in ..first passport pages got finished so i made another passport as it has to be this way ..but my first passport has valid visas .

Are you saying that the passport with which the person entered Thailand,exit will be made on the same passport and not on the new one??

Understood, but if the OP entered on the passport being held how does s/he expect to leave on ppt 2?

I have 2 passports as in ..first passport pages got finished so i made another passport as it has to be this way ..but my first passport has valid visas .

Are you saying that the passport with which the person entered Thailand,exit will be made on the same passport and not on the new one??

Usually, if you get a new passport whilst in the country you exit by showing both passports. If you don't have the passport containing the entry stamp to Thailand you can still exit but you would need a police report to say that the original passport was lost or, in your case, stolen.

• Like 1

I want to know if i leave on my current passport and then come back after a few days on my own ,will this weaken my case and will i loose my previous passport?

1. No, it will not weaken your case.

2. Given your employer's continued refusal to return the old passport, it is already lost to you. A word in his ear from the police could perhaps help you get it back if he still has it in his possession, ie if he has not destroyed, lost or misplaced it. When did you first ask him for its return?

Have they given a reason for not returning the passport?

Maybe it's been lost and they don't want to admit that. Or are they claiming you owe them something?

Whether you want to approach your embassy or the US embassy or exit the country, you'll almost certainly need a police report. Regardless of what the police actually do or don't do, the police report will be a necessity. Go to a police station near the location of your employer or contact the tourist police.

Any chance you have photocopies of your old passport ID page and the visas or other stamps that are now important to you?

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

Posts commenting on moderation have been removed.

From the Forum Rules

"10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy."

My employer is forcefully asking me to leave,you are saying that i should leave the passport with them ?? or you are saying that it does' nt matter if they keep the passport??

I would also liek to know the proper number of police in thaiand?

You can't be serious to ask for the number of the Thai police here?

Fact is that a passport doesn't even belong to you and is property of the country that issued it for you.

If I were you, I'd call the Tourist Police and let them handle it. Their number is 1155. Please see:

http://www.thaiwaysmagazine.com/thailand/thailand_calls_important.html

Have they given a reason for not returning the passport?

Maybe it's been lost and they don't want to admit that. Or are they claiming you owe them something?

Whether you want to approach your embassy or the US embassy or exit the country, you'll almost certainly need a police report. Regardless of what the police actually do or don't do, the police report will be a necessity. Go to a police station near the location of your employer or contact the tourist police.

Any chance you have photocopies of your old passport ID page and the visas or other stamps that are now important to you?

Or copies of the first and visa page?

The way I read the first post in this topic and his subsequent posts, 1235 has two Indian passports to his his name, but only one is currently valid and presumably currently in his possession:

1. "...My employer kept my previous passport..."; "...first passport pages got finished so i made another passport..."
    This passport is full and has a currently unexpired US business visa in it for travel to the USA.
  2. "...if i leave on my current passport..."
    Because the old passport was full, 1235 got a new passport, which means that the old one was invalidated by the Indian embassy but 1235 should present it to immigration for the transfer of his latest arrival stamp to the new passport and annotation of some other info in the new passport with reference to the old passport.

Have they given a reason for not returning the passport?...

1235 stated the employer's reason here:

I have a 5 yr multiple visa of USA on my previous passport and i am working in Thailand.My employer has refused to give back my previous passport as they don't want me to avail my visa.

The visa was probably applied for with a letter from the employer stating that 1235 had to travel on the company's behalf to the USA for business and the visa was granted for this purpose, but this gives the employer no right to withhold the passport. However, if 1235 fails to report this theft to the police the employer gets away with it scot-free