Fatal Accident on Third Road. Six Vehicles Destroyed, One Lady Dead

webfact

Stupid is Stupid does.

One more dead person on the roads.

Is this news anymore, ?

Speed does not kill. coffee1.gif

But Stupid , Selfish, Murderous Riders / Drivers do. every day here.

Situation normal.

Next thumbsup.gif

Yup "speed" does not kill. What can kill is driving too fast for the conditions. I have spent a lifetime of speeding! But always rode/drive according to the conditions. After 55 years plus of driving I'm still here. Speed merely increases the severity of the accident/incident.

The motorcycle cut in front of him , sounds about par for the course , happened to me at least 3 times yesterday , you just have to drive slower as the average Thai m/cycle rider has very little between the ears , rip young lady .sad.png

Doesn't matter who is in front or behind, it's the speed that kills. Nobody will likely die if everyone goes slower.

Songkran is sure death for around 700 people every year. Year after year. Never discussed again.

700 hey! better check again. smile.png

He may be right........the victims of accidents during Songkran who end up alive in a hospital but die after a few days are often not counted as a Songkran-casualty.

The motorcycle cut in front of him , sounds about par for the course , happened to me at least 3 times yesterday , you just have to drive slower as the average Thai m/cycle rider has very little between the ears , rip young lady .sad.png

Doesn't matter who is in front or behind, it's the speed that kills. Nobody will likely die if everyone goes slower.

Songkran is sure death for around 700 people every year. Year after year. Never discussed again.

700 hey! better check again. smile.png

He may be right........the victims of accidents during Songkran who end up alive in a hospital but die after a few days are often not counted as a Songkran-casualty.

As they are every other day of the year.

People die on the roads every day before and after Songkran. Let me know how many more die during Songkran than "normal" days and we'll have something to discus.

Stupid is Stupid does.

One more dead person on the roads.

Is this news anymore, ?

Speed does not kill. coffee1.gif

But Stupid , Selfish, Murderous Riders / Drivers do. every day here.

Situation normal.

Next thumbsup.gif

Yup "speed" does not kill. What can kill is driving too fast for the conditions. I have spent a lifetime of speeding! But always rode/drive according to the conditions. After 55 years plus of driving I'm still here. Speed merely increases the severity of the accident/incident.

I applaud your record and bravery for bragging about it on here - but that could be tempting fate. It only takes one accident to end it all and even the best drivers can fail.

As soon as they see an empty stretch of road they will speed senseless and the motorcycle riders aren't aware.

Most dangerous in Pattaya is an empty road.

The good thing about the usual jams: no chance to speed.

Safest time for two wheelers wink.png

This is spot on. I'm most nervous on fast moving or empty streets. That's when I spend extra time looking in my rear view mirror, especially late at night. Whenever there's empty space in front of them, Thai drivers like to make full use of it, no matter where they are.

IMO the safest way to ride here in Pattaya is to be slightly nervous (cautious) all the time. Never take anything for granted and never become too relaxed or overconfident... and never brag about how good you are or how long you've gone without an accident.smile.png

Speed doesn't kill. It's the sudden stopping that does.

You have it all wrong, the Pick up driver is the one with nothing between his ears the lady M/Cycle rider was probably driving safe but the idiot pick up driver going way to fast trying to have a accident and he did,,,

I dirive a car and ride a m/bike many car and pick up drivers are very dangerous, as are many other vehicles.

Thats right this reckless jerk probably rammed her while she was driving in straight line. If it had been a male motorcycle driver it would be more believable.( Blaming this young lady in this situation shows very little between the ears) I have heard this lame excuse over and over from these reckless drivers: "The motorcycle cut in front of me". It works every time for these lowlifes because the motorcycle driver is long gone one way or another,then if no witnesses falsify this story all thats left is trying to prove a negative.

However on reading the article it does say ctv showed that the young lady did in fact turn into the path of the car without looking ,happens so often .

You have it all wrong, the Pick up driver is the one with nothing between his ears the lady M/Cycle rider was probably driving safe but the idiot pick up driver going way to fast trying to have a accident and he did,,,

I dirive a car and ride a m/bike many car and pick up drivers are very dangerous, as are many other vehicles.

Thats right this reckless jerk probably rammed her while she was driving in straight line. If it had been a male motorcycle driver it would be more believable.( Blaming this young lady in this situation shows very little between the ears) I have heard this lame excuse over and over from these reckless drivers: "The motorcycle cut in front of me". It works every time for these lowlifes because the motorcycle driver is long gone one way or another,then if no witnesses falsify this story all thats left is trying to prove a negative.

However on reading the article it does say ctv showed that the young lady did in fact turn into the path of the car without looking ,happens so often .

Ok so it does say that she cut in front according to cctv/police. If that is correct then she is somewhat to blame - as well as the jerk speeding on 3rd rd.

Actually about 90% of Thai drivers are not playing with a full deck.

Edited by morrobay

Both driving recklessly, both to blame. Case closed. Next....

Correct ,give them both 2 years in prison with no bail

Have you actually read the first post at all?

It will be very difficult to give the motorcyclist 2 years in jail.

Why would that be I wonder?

Perhaps because the dumb pickup driver, who admitted that he was driving too fast, hit her and she in turn crashed into other motorbikes.

By the way is is dead!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes b766 , 2 years in prison would not help much in her condition . Just a thought here...........the black vehicle that was going too fast has the nearside smashed so just maybe the lady on the bike had pulled out from the left and may of been doing 10kph , this would explain a few things. I initially thought she had cut across the bows of the car and she was going faster than the car.