Windows 10 too much in Thai

SailingHome

Paid 500 Baht to have Win 10 put on PC. Promised me everything would be in English. Is it? Nope. Chrome is in Thai. most of Windows in in Thai...

Yes, he set Windows to be in English, but a lot in Thai still.

Can I just install the Win10 ISO for English? No. It says must choose same language.

I have no data on here yet.

Ideas? All I want is OPTION to type in Thai, but NEVER menus, popups, etc. in Thai.

Thanks.

EDIT!

Just reread:

Yes, he set Windows to be in English, but a lot in Thai still.

You need to be more specific what "a lot" means.

Are you writing about the browser only?

Which browser?

Which programs or dialogs are effected?

Were they installed at the shop or did you install on your own?

Have you checked the regional settings in the control panel?

Give examples or screenshots.

Forget the rest:

Except for: I doubt that it has anything to do with "pirated".

Just incomplete service.

=================================================

Did you at least try to set the language to English as described?

Maybe he simply forgot.

Or did you install a new user account?

(the language is set on a per-user basis).

In earlier versions of Windows you needed a certain edition to use multiple languages.

Seems like in Windows 10 this limitation has gone?

I have a Pro version (upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate), have one user account (admin) in English, one user account in Thai (standard user) and my own account in German (also standard user).

How to Change the Display Language in Windows 10

(a working internet connection is necessary)

OK you might be in some trouble finding the settings if your user account is set to Thai now whistling.gif

Maybe find a description how to get out of this...

I doubt that it has anything to do with "pirated".

It might be a Thai language kernel and that's why the English ISO does not work.

But as Windows 10 novice I am on thin ice here.

Edited by KhunBENQ

In your OS Region and language setting - don't just select English format on one tab but go to the advanced tabs also and select location make it US etc.

You might have to then reinstall some apps many install according to location example; google earth will install Thai even if you think you are set up English - then switching it to English after download and install only gives a weird dysfunctional version - that is exactly how I found this out. As the wifes laptop was setup right when we upgraded to ten not a problem, but you have to go into that advanced tab and select location etc. or much software will auto install in Thai as it detects according to location not language choice.

Been some time but that is what I recall - where they hide it on ten I don't know yet - I rarely turn it on.

At that price it's a pirated version... A genuine version is several thousand baht, depending on which version.

not necessarily.

Windows 7 OEM keys are now sellign for 10 USD. With such a key, you can upgrade a pirated win 7 to legit win 10.

At that price it's a pirated version... A genuine version is several thousand baht, depending on which version.

not necessarily.

Windows 7 OEM keys are now sellign for 10 USD. With such a key, you can upgrade a pirated win 7 to legit win 10.

So you think that is what the local installer has done? Really?

In Surin, the computer shops charge only 300 baht for a full install with many other programs included too. Last year my genuine installation of Win 8 cost me 3,990 baht and the upgrade to Win 10 came free, from Microsoft of course. I also have the Thai language pack installed and it is a couple of key stokes (Windows button & space bar) to change between Thai and English. All menus remain in English.

If anyone wants the latest windows 10 insider preview (English/US) installed to their machine, i can do it for FREE. Takes ~ 3hr. You will need the 25digit licence/code on the back of your machine, to activate it. Have installed this numerous times over the past year, to machines with ENG/THAI keboards. Install in EN, later can install additional languages.

MS doesn't mind because win10 is offered as a free upgrade (but not for much longer), saves them bandwidth when i install from a usb.

I am near centre of PrachuapKiriKhan town, PM me if interested. I sympathise with TV members who pay good money to dodgy comp shops. AA

not necessarily.

So you think that is what the local installer has done? Really?

I wouldn't count on it.

I just wanted to point out that legit win 10 can be had for less than 500 baht.

As written: without some more details this will end up with all kind of speculation.

My speculation: those shops usually copy/clone a ready prepared disk image on your hard-disk.

Then they do some driver updates/adjustments and a magic crack to get Windows licensed.

The images contain not only W10 (the OS) but tons of cracked SW, freeware, shareware.

Many of them can not even be set to run in English.

Once had to uninstall some nagging download manager (Thai only) from the PC of the granddaughter.

And follow advice from post #9.

OP, couple of things to try before having to reformat anything.

Right-click on the start button and select Control Panel. When Control Panel opens, on the View By tab, select either large or small icons from the drop down.

Click on Language and see which language packs you have installed. Make sure the 'English' variation is on top. Click on options to make sure that this language is showing set for display language. If you want, you can uninstall the Thai language pack (and reinstall again at a later date)

Back out of that screen back to Control panel and click on the Region icon. On the Formats tab, set to English (United States) (if that is the 'English' pack you have installed in languages). Location should be OK left for Thailand, but you can change this to United States as well. On the Administrative tab, click on change system locale and again select United States.

You can change all these back again at anytime.

Let us know how you get on.................

As written: without some more details this will end up with all kind of speculation.

My speculation: those shops usually copy/clone a ready prepared disk image on your hard-disk.

Then they do some driver updates/adjustments and a magic crack to get Windows licensed.

The images contain not only W10 (the OS) but tons of cracked SW, freeware, shareware.

Many of them can not even be set to run in English.

Once had to uninstall some nagging download manager (Thai only) from the PC of the granddaughter.

And follow advice from post #9.

You're right, that's exactly how they do a complete set up. Some programs are on a CD, some on an external drive and most of them already have viruses and Trojans en mass when the customer picks his PC up, thinking it's a n hew installation.

I've got all programs I need for a W 10 Pro set up on a little San Disc memory drive and I think I know what the guys at the shop did wrong.

Let's just assume the OP has W 10 pro, please go to your language bar, then check on "Language Preferences". You'll see the installed language pack and you could theoretically install all languages from Mongolia to Thai and switch the whole machine in the language of your choice in a minute.

If there's no English language pack installed, please download it and make it to your default language. You can also select country or region and type US, or UK, Germany, or North Korea.

The Anti virus programs they put on are usually crap and some of them are basically viruses. Once you see the name "Baidu" a few times, you know that there's something terribly wrong.

Thais love Baidu Anti Virus, but the whole company seems to be a virus producing one. Under settings you can also change your location from Thailand to Kirgistan.

Once you've downloaded your English language pack and made it to your default language you can delete Thai and always download a new language pack for the wife, or people who need the Thai language.

There's no reason to format the thingy, Google has its language settings and you only have to look at another PC where they are that you know how to change them.

If you do that alone it will also help you to get more familiar with W 10 and the sometimes so different ways to achieve anything.I saw that Khun BenQ is already helping you out, so just listen to him and his advice.

he usually knows what he's talking about. Best of luck. wai.gif

If anyone wants the latest windows 10 insider preview (English/US) installed to their machine, i can do it for FREE. Takes ~ 3hr. You will need the 25digit licence/code on the back of your machine, to activate it. Have installed this numerous times over the past year, to machines with ENG/THAI keboards. Install in EN, later can install additional languages.

MS doesn't mind because win10 is offered as a free upgrade (but not for much longer), saves them bandwidth when i install from a usb.

I am near centre of PrachuapKiriKhan town, PM me if interested. I sympathise with TV members who pay good money to dodgy comp shops. AA

If they have a legit COA, then why would they need the Insider Preview??

Can I piggyback on this, please?

My W10 is all in English, but the blxxdy emails I keep getting from Microsoft that relate to W10 are all in Thai!!! grr....

I have replied to every email requesting that they resend in English but to no avail.

Does anyone know how I can get them to change the language of their emails to English?

Thanks

Mobi

Can I piggyback on this, please?

My W10 is all in English, but the blxxdy emails I keep getting from Microsoft that relate to W10 are all in Thai!!! grr....

I have replied to every email requesting that they resend in English but to no avail.

Does anyone know how I can get them to change the language of their emails to English?

Thanks

Mobi

Your location in the website of Outlook (Hotmail) is set to Thailand and thus they assume (wrongly) that you are Thai.

On 30/07/2016 at 3:02 PM, MJCM said:

Your location in the website of Outlook (Hotmail) is set to Thailand and thus they assume (wrongly) that you are Thai.

Yes, Thank you. I know why they send me emails in Thai - the question is, how to get them to change to English?

1 hour ago, Mobi said:

Yes, Thank you. I know why they send me emails in Thai - the question is, how to get them to change to English?

:blink: Log in to the Web version of Hotmail / Outlook and change your Location to somewhere else then Thailand like the UK for example ?

Edited by MJCM
Added some more info