TM30 if you are the owner and the alien

I understand that staying at a hotel, the girlfriends house or renting a condo, the hotel or girlfriend or condo owner submits a TM30 to inform immigration of Alien in residence etc.

What happens in the case of owning a Condo ? Do you, the owner fill in a TM30 reporting yourself as the alien ?

Thanks

so you have a yellow or blue book, why not use a copy of that.

I was under the impression that a foreigner cant get, or be in, a blue book. And a yellow book is a big procedure, birth certificate translated to Thai etc.

Even if you have either, dont you still have to do a TM30 ?

I was under the impression that a foreigner cant get, or be in, a blue book. And a yellow book is a big procedure, birth certificate translated to Thai etc.

You can hold a blue book as the owner of a condo but you cannot be registered in it. Immigration accepts them along with proof or ownership and some just a utility bill as proof of residence. But you would still need the TM30 form if asked for it.

A yellow book is not that hard to get but it depends upon which Amphoe you apply at. I don't recall a birth certificate as being one of the required documents for one.

• Like 1

You can hold a blue book as the owner of a condo but you cannot be registered in it. Immigration accepts them along with proof or ownership and some just a utility bill as proof of residence. But you would still need the TM30 form if asked for it.

A yellow book is not that hard to get but it depends upon which Amphoe you apply at. I don't recall a birth certificate as being one of the required documents for one.

Thanks, some good information.

never had my birth certificate translated to Thai

I asked about a yellow book when I lived at Samut Sahkon, and that was one of the requirements (amongst others). As Ubonjoe says, different amphoe, different requirements

For someone who owns their own condo, wouldn't it be more appropriate to file a TM28?

As for the yellow book, Pattaya City Hall is pretty tough. Among their requirements is "Birth Certificate ...or other documents... to identify Name, Surname, date of birth, Father-Mother name. Thai translate guaranteed by the Institute of Translate [sic]".

post-47756-0-86940100-1468919924_thumb.j

Edited by mahjongguy

For someone who owns their own condo, wouldn't it be more appropriate to file a TM28?

As for the yellow book, Pattaya City Hall is pretty tough. Among their requirements is "Birth Certificate ...or other documents... to identify Name, Surname, date of birth, Father-Mother name. Thai translate guaranteed by the Institute of Translate [sic]".

A TM28 would not be accepted unless reporting a change of address. The TM30 form is the correct form.

You get your own blue book only if you are a permanent resident. Otherwise,, a foreigner cannot get one or be put in one.

I've never used or been asked for a TM.30 at Jomtien.

In the past I provided a recent 3BB or condo monthly statement when doing the 90 day reports, but not since they changed to just reading the barcode.

Last year when doing the annual renewal of extension, I included a copy of my condo deed and recent monthly statement. It was accepted without comment. When doing the extension renewal in previous years I never provided any proof of address.

Edited by Suradit69

IMO immigration don't care too much about who completes the TM30 when a foreigner moves in to a private residence. Many foreigners qualify as owners or possessors and can complete the form as such. The law is clear, but there still doesn't seem to be a countrywide policy regarding it's enforcement.