Can A Yank Get A Fair Deal At A Thai Consulate In Uk?

It appears as though there are some Thai consulates in U.K. that have a reasonable and fair-minded approach to issuing visas. As an American, I know I can get a decent deal in the States (though everything's changing week-by-week). However, is it possible for me to get the same decent treatment for a retirement type-O visa from a Thai consulate in U.K. or Australia - or do I need to go to my home country? Am asking because I would rather travel to places that are 'new' to me, if given a choice.

At 21:14 you post:

I have a visa renewal method that works well enough, but I keep it a secret because I'm sorely afraid that if the Thai authorities hear about a consolate that gives a hassle-free fair-minded visa to a farang - Thai immigration heavies will shut it down. Sorry, I can't divulge the details.

At 21:23 you ask others to provide you information you refuse to share. :o

Yes – my brother is a US citizen and has obtained a Thai visa on 2 occasions since September last year from the Thai embassy in London – straightforward with no problems.

Trust you find my reply of help to you - now having taken the courtesy to reply to your question, perhaps you would be so kind as to reciprocate (re:Lopburi 3’s comment above).

Thanking you in advance.

I have a visa renewal method that works well enough, but I keep it a secret because I'm sorely afraid that if the Thai authorities hear about a consolate that gives a hassle-free fair-minded visa to a farang - Thai immigration heavies will shut it down. Sorry, I can't divulge the details.

Yes, please tell us this secret consulate that we all don't allready know about....................... :D

Is it in the UK?

Does it start with the letter "H" ?

Yes, please tell us this secret consulate that we all don't allready know about....................... :D

Is it in the UK?

again, I apologize for not divulging details, but I really believe Thai authorities will want to shut down any consulate who does their job of assisting farang - in a fair minded & non-hassle manner. As we know, it's so easy (and tempting) for Thai immigration authorities to flout their authority by power-tripping behind their wooden counters. What greater thrill for them than to watch farang groveling at their feet, saying; "please, be so kind, and grant me a decent visa. I will wai repeatedly and praise you and your wonderful country with as much sincerity as I can muster - in spite of the annoyance that wells inside from your power-tripping twisting of the visa regulations. ....and regardless of you passing judgement on my appearance, or my manners, and the importance of the Thai people who accompany me."

Who knows, maybe in 185 years, SE Asia will follow the sensible lead of Europe and form an ASEAN UNION - with no border checks needed between countries. ....hey they may even develop a common currency. Naw, it's easier to maintain the status quo of hiding behind borders and view everyone outside their province as all-too-strange foreigners (unless they need a Kenyan to run in the Olympics or a Brazilian to star in their football team).

Is it in the UK?

again, I apologize for not divulging details, but I really believe Thai authorities will want to shut down any consulate who does their job of assisting farang - in a fair minded & non-hassle manner. As we know, it's so easy (and tempting) for Thai immigration authorities to flout their authority by power-tripping behind their wooden counters. What greater thrill for them than to watch farang groveling at their feet, saying; "please, be so kind, and grant me a decent visa. I will wai repeatedly and praise you and your wonderful country with as much sincerity as I can muster - in spite of the annoyance that wells inside from your power-tripping twisting of the visa regulations. ....and regardless of you passing judgement on my appearance, or my manners, and the importance of the Thai people who accompany me."

Who knows, maybe in 185 years, SE Asia will follow the sensible lead of Europe and form an ASEAN UNION - with no border checks needed between countries. ....hey they may even develop a common currency. Naw, it's easier to maintain the status quo of hiding behind borders and view everyone outside their province as all-too-strange foreigners (unless they need a Kenyan to run in the Olympics or a Brazilian to star in their football team).

so what you are really asking for is a consulate that will issue with a visa for which you don't really qualify, making a mockery of the rules that they are trying to impose?

I also don't understand why you would want an EU type set up here in Asia. While EU protocol guarantees free movement of its citizens within the EU, getting in is the hard bit....it's not called 'fortress europe' for nothing, mate.