Fake visa from agents

Hi, will ask on behalf of someone.

Man got visa from agents in Thailand, and after 2 weeks got arrested outside his condo, locked in police cell and then did 56 days in Bangkok Hilton, now on bail waiting court case.

Visa was issued to someone else 2 days before, so it was some kind of copy.

He didnt know what he was doing, he thought its all legit, and agents were recommended to him.

Whats his chances? What he should do?

No agent is licenced to obtain a visa from outside the country on behalf of the visa holder, the visa holder not exiting and entering the country in person is actually illegal

Seems your friend has been done over by this so called agent and will have to pay the penalty i'm afraid

• Like 1

If he lost his passport he could, report the loss to the police, get an emergency travel document, leave the country asap paying any overstay fine, and get a new passport/visa before re-entering Thailand.

He could report the agent to the police and take his chances with the legal system, but at the very least he's likely to be detained until deported.

States he is on bail, so his name must ring some bells when he tries to leave.

• Like 1

Thanks. I misunderstood the OP. I thought he was referring to a second person that was copying someone that had been caught.

My guess is that the OP's report is not totally accurate.

Did the agent provide (1) a visa (if so, which kind); and (2) a Thai entry stamp (if so from which border crossing)?

It is my guess that what was provided is a fake extension of stay. Was this one of the agents that provides dodgy 1-year retirement extensions?

• Like 1

Did the agent provide (1) a visa (if so, which kind); and (2) a Thai entry stamp (if so from which border crossing)?

It is my guess that what was provided is a fake extension of stay. Was this one of the agents that provides dodgy 1-year retirement extensions?

says Visa was issued to someone else, this leads me to believe that they photocopied the visa and put it into his passport, maybe with some photoshoping to make it appear like it was his.

If he lost his passport he could, report the loss to the police, get an emergency travel document, leave the country asap paying any overstay fine, and get a new passport/visa before re-entering Thailand.

He could report the agent to the police and take his chances with the legal system, but at the very least he's likely to be detained until deported.

they kept passport

Where can I make a legal via in Thailand? I'm new here and thought this side would be good to ask such a question. Thank you for answering

As a general rule, you cannot. That is one reason why I think the OP's description is garbled. Visas are issued at consulates outside Thailand, and (apart from the visa) there would need to be an entry stamp for the return to Thailand.

OP, what did your friend get arrested for to do 56 days in the Hilton?

Usually if it is just an immigration issue he would be held in the IDC.

And not released on bail.

I was thinking that, why was he arrested outside condo?

he was arrested for visa, that was issued 2 days before him to some canadian, spend 2 days in police station then 56 in prison

it was tourist visa not extension of stay

So it was a dodgy visa sticker, worth approximately 2,000 baht.... Was it a random passport check? Why was he sent to BKK Hilton, should've been IDC, I'm getting an urge to call BS on this one.

he said hilton but in fact could be different place, i will ask where exact

• Like 1

he was arrested for visa, that was issued 2 days before him to some canadian, spend 2 days in police station then 56 in prison

it was tourist visa not extension of stay

Which consulate issued the original visa, and which border was indicated on the entry stamp?

says Visa was issued to someone else, this leads me to believe that they photocopied the visa and put it into his passport, maybe with some photoshoping to make it appear like it was his.

I am guessing that the visa identifying number had a name associated with it so it was a very amateurism.... unfortunate....

i remember seeing A LOT of these "visa services" and always wondered about them. they seemed too good to be true, BUT, now that I think about it.....I used one in Vietnam and it worked fine. I scared the guy by taking his picture, smiling as I said, "Just in case I never see you again." But I know the visa runs to Laos and Myanmar so I wouldn't use one...

There are thousands of scams...it's funny, I left my glasses at an agent's place and hours later I went back and the 150 USD sunglasses were there. so i used them for cambodia and i got scammed at the border for about 50 bucks (on cambodia border, but i blame everyone). actually, i only blame myself. idiot. it was money exchange. looked so fake and i fell for it....idiot, again.

This is where the defamation laws in Thailand need reform.

If the agent issuing the fake visa is named, they can sue for defamation, even though the allegation is true. Thailand is never going to make life tougher for the scammers with the status quo.

• Like 2

Where can I make a legal via in Thailand? I'm new here and thought this side would be good to ask such a question. Thank you for answering

Visas are only issued by Thai embassies or consulates outside of Thailand. Extensions of stay or a visa entry conversion, etc are done at an immigration office in Thailand. In most cases you need to use the immigration office that serves the area where you are staying.

Some people may use a "visa" agent to deal with routine immigration issues because they are confused or simply find it a convenience, but it's safer and cheaper to deal directly with an immigrations office. Some people use an agent to bend the rules if they don't qualify for an extension.

To use a visa agent to obtain an actual visa is illegal. It would require someone to take/send your passport out of the country to obtain a visa while you remain in Thailand ... or else the agent is producing a fake visa in country. It would then require a fake entry stamp since you would not have used the visa to enter the country.

Man got visa from agents in Thailand, and after 2 weeks got arrested outside his condo, locked in police cell and then did 56 days in Bangkok Hilton, now on bail waiting court case.

Just out of the blue, he was arrested in front of his condo?

or

Was acting suspicious because he knew he had a fake stamp?

Or

The police were specifically looking for this guy with a fake visa?

i remember seeing A LOT of these "visa services" and always wondered about them. they seemed too good to be true, BUT, now that I think about it.....I used one in Vietnam and it worked fine. I scared the guy by taking his picture, smiling as I said, "Just in case I never see you again." But I know the visa runs to Laos and Myanmar so I wouldn't use one...

There are thousands of scams...it's funny, I left my glasses at an agent's place and hours later I went back and the 150 USD sunglasses were there. so i used them for cambodia and i got scammed at the border for about 50 bucks (on cambodia border, but i blame everyone). actually, i only blame myself. idiot. it was money exchange. looked so fake and i fell for it....idiot, again.

There are a lot of Visa services -- that are OK to use, they have operated for years....I have used them in the past for different reasons----I dot have to now. There was a thread on here, that was stopped---because although many of these places are not issuing fake visa's its still not 100% legal to go through them & not the IM-office.

Many people use them for the 1 year extension as they don't have the required funds in the bank, & also a pension (from some countries doesn't cover the amount)....

I can not quite get a grip on the OPs story--some of it is a little odd--but he wont be in the BKK Hilton.

56 days ? what embassy is he with?. Has a charge been brought.? Has he made any appearance in court ?