Thailand 2015 - The Most Dangerous Country in the World

romain22

I have always wondered how dangerous was really Thailand? Every day I have been receiving these email/news from www.thaivisa.com and every day, it seems that a least one foreigner dies in Thailand. For years I was wondering about the real number of foreigners that passed away in Thailand on a daily basis, and this article I read recently mentioned that according to a Report made by the UK government,Thailand was the most dangerous country in the whole world with about one Brit dying on the spot almost every single day! And that does not includes other nationalities.. just crazy :?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My French is less than good so I can't do much with your link.

Thailand 2015 - The Most Dangerous Country in the World? No, nonsense.

just crazy :? Yes, somewhat.

Where there are disproportionately many old people, people with health issues, pensioners (untypical age structure) there will be a higher death rate, don't you think so?

The expat population does not represent a typical home country population.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Well after 23 years I have seen 1 fight 3 Thais and one attempted necklace snatch, where I lived in the UK I saw far far more violence and crime

You have only seen 1 fight here in 23 years?!?!?!

When I lived in Pattaya, I could see more than that in a single weekend.

YES, The MOST!!!!! I am currently in Nigeria and they treat me like a King!!! I bring food to Venezuela and they treat me like a King!!! i am women in India and they give me many kisses!!!! I am Pakistan, so maybe that helps!!! Haiti is also on my list......

2nd most dangerous......Canada. Then Finland, Sweden, and Norway!!!!!!!!!!

If there are 10 000 expats in Thailand (I have no idea how many there really are) and the average age is as low as 60 then if you give them a generous average 25 years to live there would be an average of one death per day anyway. (the actuarial math would be lower than this I am sure but it is beyond me) The death rate for tourists is possibly higher than their own country most likely because they are out of their comfort zone and put themselves at risk. I take many more risks in Thailand than I do in my home country. But my star burns a lot brighter in Thailand and even if it is shorter lived, I prefer that brief spark.

I can assure you, having lived and worked in Somalia, New Guinea and New York I feel safer in Thailand. In fact I feel safer in Thailand than my present home in Australia and safer than in many parts of the UK I have lived - especially Glasgow.

My advise is to stop listening to doomsayers. News is all about fear - it attracts attention.

YES, The MOST!!!!! I am currently in Nigeria and they treat me like a King!!! I bring food to Venezuela and they treat me like a King!!! i am women in India and they give me many kisses!!!! I am Pakistan, so maybe that helps!!! Haiti is also on my list......

what on earth are you talking about, man?

I think it is very dangerous here. I have been rolled by over 1,000 hookers in the thirty years I have lived here. What really irks me is it probably is going to happen again tonight.

I can sympathize, on occasion I have been rolled by 2 a once.

You need to also be aware of the "would you like another drink" scam.

I have fallen for that one.

My French is less than good so I can't do much with your link.

Thailand 2015 - The Most Dangerous Country in the World? No, nonsense.

just crazy :? Yes, somewhat.

Where there are disproportionately many old people, people with health issues, pensioners (untypical age structure) there will be a higher death rate, don't you think so?

The expat population does not represent a typical home country population.

"My French is less than good so I can't do much with your link."

Right click, translate this page in: for instance English!smile.png

Well after 23 years I have seen 1 fight 3 Thais and one attempted necklace snatch, where I lived in the UK I saw far far more violence and crime

It's true. Recently went back and couldn't walk 20 meters in London without looking around. Felt like things could go down anytime.

Its very dangerous here.

Just last night, I had 17 beers then drove my unlicensed motorbike home, with a hooker on the back.

That would never happen back home were its safe.

....either in Bangkok or elsewhere in the territory, to ask them how much was the total number of deaths that was listed in Thailand in 2015. to our surprise, out of the 59 contacted, only 6 responded figures at hand: New Zealand, Denmark, Argentina, Sweden, the UK, the States United. For others, a good half never replied

So 6 out of 59 countries replied to this French web Blog that you are saying is a UK newspaper.............come on if you want to give Thailand a good kicking , surely you can think up something better than that.......................coffee1.gif

Yes as quoted its very dangerous here----better that you leave ASAP.....or if you don't live here, give it a complete miss.

Edited by oxo1947

This article of yours "Thailand 2015 - The Most Dangerous Country in the World" mixes freely the numbers of violent deaths with the numbers of natural deaths without real distinction. Only the American numbers are solely attributed to violent death (which can also be road accident and suicide, to keep in mind) at one per nine days. For all the other countries, I didn't read any distinction as to the causes. That being said, looking at the "one Brit a day dies in Thailand" statement, which infers that this makes Thailand the most dangerous country for Brits, I believe that statistically many more Brits die in the UK daily, therefore by the same logic is the UK the most dangerous country for Brits?

Anyway, the article is crap and you really shouldn't let crap disturb your life.

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhh:-)