Phang Nga Immigration now requires the Foreign National Information Form for extension of stay

I visited the Phang Nga Immigration office this morning for a 30-day extension of stay. As well as the 'usual':

- passport

- T.M.7 Application For Extension Of Temporary Stay In The Kingdom (with 4x6 cm photo)

- photocopies of applicable passport pages (varies by one's nationality and residency circumstances - in my case, 4 pages)

- photocopy of Departure Card

- 1900 baht

they now require completion of the 2-page Foreign National Information Form (FNIF). See attachments.

I was the only person there. I had everything done and filled out in advance (or so I thought). I would have been 'in & out' in five minutes had it not been for the FNIF. As it was, it took well over 30 minutes. Be prepared... you may want to bring a tent if your Immigration office is busy.

post-223024-0-98004900-1469119477_thumb.

post-223024-0-14205200-1469119503_thumb.

• Like 2

They changed again??? <deleted>....When I was there, they wanted me to get a letter from the landlord from apartment or hotel stating that I was staying there and that I was of good character, not causing any problems etc etc. And my visa was expiring like next day, luckily I knew one of the officer in the department and had to end up paying 3000b but it was worth it as I wasn't about to go go back and forth and as usual the hotel will take forever to give me letter.

any measure to track the tourists is commendable

not only to prevent over staying illegally but also for

the safety and security of the visitors.

the forms for visa extension should be standardised at all extension offices to

minimise confusion and expeditious processing.

They changed again??? <deleted>....When I was there, they wanted me to get a letter from the landlord from apartment or hotel stating that I was staying there and that I was of good character, not causing any problems etc etc. And my visa was expiring like next day, luckily I knew one of the officer in the department and had to end up paying 3000b but it was worth it as I wasn't about to go go back and forth and as usual the hotel will take forever to give me letter.

I had to also get a letter from my condo manager saying I Iived there, even I own the condo. It was no big deal, no good fighting it. Find out the rules and just follow them, then it is usually plain sailing.

Ask any imm office to point out which LAW requires this. If there isn't one (rhetorical question), simply hand it back. Or roll over and let them scratch your tummy.

I'm sure you could do that. I'm also sure you would get your passport back with no extension of stay; and your wallet would be 1900 baht lighter (read the 'fine print' on the T.M.7).

any measure to track the tourists is commendable

not only to prevent over staying illegally but also for

the safety and security of the visitors.

the forms for visa extension should be standardised at all extension offices to

minimise confusion and expeditious processing.

Such bull sh!t forms are NOT needed to track overstayers, just a little leg work from immigration, and it has NOTHING to do with safety. That form is an invasion of privacy, nothing else. I say just fill it in with bogus information.

• Like 1