Coming from the US, I cant believe how much money I was paying for my cell phone bill

Sojuncoke

Ive always found it odd the cost & limited providers in USA, both with cell & home internet, considering USA is the origin of the internet. I understand these are often also bundled in with your cable providers which may make the overall monthly bill seem high.

USA were the origin of internet ? I think you'll find that it was an international project back in the 70's with researchers from Stanford University, a range of other universities, and researchers from the United Kingdom, France and Norway.

One of them were a Norwegian Paal Spillng who established Arpanet and made the first successful international "internet" connection back in 1973.

Yes you are correct balo, I was grossly understanding the fact :)

I guess i was implying that the USA is seen as the seat of technology - home of the major companies, etc

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For gods sake people a phone is a phone ,,,,cost me at the most THB50 a month I use a Laptop for Computer work,,,Get Real,Use a phone for calling people and a laptop computer for the rest,,,Don't sit there all day playing with the stupid thing like all the kids,,,Get a life,,,

Absolutely being sedentary is a far better life for some..

I pay the equivalent of 150 baht per month in the UK. That gets me unlimited data. I pay more in Thailand. Though I could cut it down to much the same as I pay in the UK, as I don't use more than 1GB monthly on my phone.

It's a phone for goodness sakes.

USA doesn't offer great value. What is cheap is usually crap....apart from petrol. smile.png

Where do you pay 150 Baht (£3) in the UK for unlimited data?

http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/price-plans-and-costs/t-mobile-price-plans/t-mobile-boosters/t-mobile-pay-as-you-go-boosters

I take the 6 month for £20 package. Equivalent of 153 baht per month.

Archived