Six injured as car rammed into the Erawan Shrine

rooster59

One has to ask why she was driving if she had chronic epilepsy ? No thought for others, or no idea what could happen if she had a fit whilst driving.

Frightening. Thank goodness she wasn't doing 100mph as she cruised along the top road in her way to fetch somtam
Actually, a crash at 100mph would have been beneficial because it would have been the last time she would be behind the wheel.

Please tell me if you are serious so I can block you.

100%

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try getting a drivers license in the US you not only take written test, behind the wheel test, vision test, but must also have proof of insurance just to drive and if certain age license only issued for 4 years unless tester feels you may need testing more often. But certain medical conditions you can't drive at all. And still hundreds of thousands are killed each year in driving accidents. Hope the tourist have insurance cause chulalongkorn hospital not cheap.

I'm pretty sure most countries in the world allow you to hold a driver's licenec despite having epilepsy. (Including the countries of all the posters saying "she shouldn't be driving but TIT etc)

Thailand doesn't. That is: you won't get a drivers license if you tell them...

Sudden epilepsy? Is that a rare form of the disease, that comes from nowhere?

Yea, it has a rapid onset after you hit somebody when you are drunk driving. If the driver does not claim it then the expert medically trained on scene policeman will state it at the scene of the accident, thereby keeping maximum revenue streams open when you are 'under questioning' in the police station. It is a disease common in third world countries where given the right class and/or income you can kill with impunity as long as the local law enforcement officers are 'taken care of'.

So was she breathalyzed on the spot?

Seems to me she is pretty remarkable to be able to reverse the car after the crash whilst she was having an epileptic fit. I call BS! Standard response from the police first at the scene to keep maximum money making opportunities open.

It looks like she drove perfectly between the 2 green barriers. It's almost as if she was turning right and thought she was in the correct lane OR she had her sudden attack just as she turned the steering wheel 45 degrees to turn right, let go of the wheel due to her fit (miraculously her feet didn't hit the accelerator or brake), drove into the shrine, regained consciousnous and then reversed. :blink:

Isn't this the same place that had a bomb last year? Strange...

Yes lets start the conspiracy theories to make the thread more interesting.

Or...maybe she was after a Pokemon Go...

But, seriously, I do hope nobody was gravely injured.

So was she breathalyzed on the spot?

Seems to me she is pretty remarkable to be able to reverse the car after the crash whilst she was having an epileptic fit. I call BS! Standard response from the police first at the scene to keep maximum money making opportunities open.

It looks like she drove perfectly between the 2 green barriers. It's almost as if she was turning right and thought she was in the correct lane OR she had her sudden attack just as she turned the steering wheel 45 degrees to turn right, let go of the wheel due to her fit (miraculously her feet didn't hit the accelerator or brake), drove into the shrine, regained consciousnous and then reversed. :blink:
Yes, the chances of that happening all in one go must be pretty slim. Either this was a tragic car accident that has never happenned before at the recently terrorist attacked shrine or .......? Conspiracy therory or not, I think alot of people would like more of an investigation into this incident!

One has to ask why she was driving if she had chronic epilepsy ? No thought for others, or no idea what could happen if she had a fit whilst driving.

Frightening. Thank goodness she wasn't doing 100mph as she cruised along the top road in her way to fetch somtam
Actually, a crash at 100mph would have been beneficial because it would have been the last time she would be behind the wheel.
Who uses mph?

Old codgers like me 5555555

Stopped using mph in cars decades ago but it will always be a tonne to me

Let's hope some day you will have a seizure when driving 100km/h!

Well he condition says it all "chronic epilepsy". How in the world has she been able to keep her driving licence since she has been diagnosed with such a disability. I guess she must be one of the Thai's who got a licence for life which they do not give anymore, otherwise maybe the doctor would have put the condition down on her medical paper which you need to re-new a licence. There was a similar case about 2 or so years ago when a school director driving his car in school ran over his own students because he also supposedly had an epileptic fit. He only got a light slap on the wrist if I remember correctly. Dangerous place here with very dangerous drivers.

Please tell me if you are serious so I can block you.

Me, I'm always serious except when I'm joking around.

Block me for what? I don't understand mate? I'm a bit thick. :D

Let's hope some day you will have a seizure when driving 100km/h!

If I was epileptic, I would not danger the lives of everyone else. Good to know you would be so considerate of everyone's well being.

Thais I have spoken to assume she's Hiso or her name would be all over the news by now.

Hi-so have drivers.

... apart from some jerk(s) in black 200+kmh Mercs

You misunderstand what HI-So means. It is not having a lot of money or being able to own an expensive car.

ummm, I didn't say he'd paid for the car

Erawan Shrine Reopens After Car Plows Through, Injuring 6

By Kaewta Ketbungkan, Staff Reporter

post-247607-0-62052000-1469275802_thumb.

People visit and pray at Bangkok’s Erawan Shrine on Saturday morning.

BANGKOK — Tourists were gathered as usual at the Erawan Shrine on Saturday morning after a car drove into the sacred venue Friday night, injuring six people.

The injured tourists – two Singaporeans and four Indonesians – were taken to nearby hospitals. Two of the Indonesians remained hospitalized with unspecified injuries.

The incident has been ruled an accident.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2016/07/23/erawan-shrine-reopens-car-plows-injuring-6/

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-07-23

Isn't this the same place that had a bomb last year? Strange...

Yes lets start the conspiracy theories to make the thread more interesting.

Or...maybe she was after a Pokemon Go...

But, seriously, I do hope nobody was gravely injured.

Like this one ?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-20/pokemon-go-player-crashes-into-parked-police-car-in-baltimore/7645166

There was a televised news conference earlier today, with the police saying the driver had a stroke, and you can't fake that. Sounded like it was a hemorrhagic stroke so possibly very little warning.

Well he condition says it all "chronic epilepsy". How in the world has she been able to keep her driving licence since she has been diagnosed with such a disability. I guess she must be one of the Thai's who got a licence for life which they do not give anymore, otherwise maybe the doctor would have put the condition down on her medical paper which you need to re-new a licence. There was a similar case about 2 or so years ago when a school director driving his car in school ran over his own students because he also supposedly had an epileptic fit. He only got a light slap on the wrist if I remember correctly. Dangerous place here with very dangerous drivers.

But the car stopped and reversed.

Seems like it wasn't epilepsy after all, The driver suffered a stroke.

Her daughter in the passenger seat was the one who put the car into reverse after the accident, not the mother.

The only reference that says it is a stroke is a family member has put that on their Facebook page. Where is the formal police statement? Six people are injured. Where does it say that the daughter put the car in to reverse?

If she is Thai she is a bad lady just ask the posters here at Thaivisa they will all get on the band wagon and give their opinion, rightorwrong because none of them ever made a mistake or even got a ticket in their old country