coffee machine in Bkk?

yimlitnoy

We just had a big discussion on coffee that might help you: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/924308-coffee/

I have followed the discussion above but it is all about coffee quality. I have been shuttling to Ethiopia every monrh for the past 5 years, i already know about coffee, i was simply asking about coffee brewing machine but i do not want to pay $3000 for this, i would rather do as the Ethiopian do and roast it myself then boil it but this is too time consuming. So i repeat my initial query and ask where i can find in bangkok an automatic coffee machine at affordable price? I do not mean Central Chidlom, i hsve been here for the past 36 years...

...where i can find in bangkok an automatic coffee machine at affordable price? I do not mean Central Chidlom, i hsve been here for the past 36 years...

"affordable price" is rather vague. What is your limit?

Capacity? How many kilos of coffee beans do you expect to run through the machine per day?

I have followed the discussion above but it is all about coffee quality. I have been shuttling to Ethiopia every monrh for the past 5 years, i already know about coffee, i was simply asking about coffee brewing machine but i do not want to pay $3000 for this, i would rather do as the Ethiopian do and roast it myself then boil it but this is too time consuming. So i repeat my initial query and ask where i can find in bangkok an automatic coffee machine at affordable price? I do not mean Central Chidlom, i hsve been here for the past 36 years...

You weren't following too closely because Bangkok equipment dealers were discussed as well. :-) Admittedly many of them were a bit high-end.

Lazada has some semi- and super-automatic espresso machines. They are significantly marked up compared to overseas but fairly reasonable for Thailand.

Buying used might be an option as well (Craigslist).

as noted n the other thread mentined there are several good coffee machine and supplies on and offline - but you won't find any coffee makers from them with a built in grinder 'on top' becuase they tend to only stock good/better machines and not the, quite frankly, junk that is the built in grinder type...

For those you can go to Emporium, Paragon maybe Verasu - Boncafe would be a good option if you really want to go that route....

An Aeropress for 25 bucks i think, a Porlex grinder for 50 and you'd be set also - as long as you already have a kettle. The hand grinding is quite therapeutic ;-)

...where i can find in bangkok an automatic coffee machine at affordable price? I do not mean Central Chidlom, i hsve been here for the past 36 years...

"affordable price" is rather vague. What is your limit?

Capacity? How many kilos of coffee beans do you expect to run through the machine per day?

Max 5 cups for myself only and the occasional visitors...

• 1 month later...

Archived