Non-o For Supporting A Thai Child

sunbelt;

They knew exactly what I was talking about as i had the thai version of the immigration act and underlined 7.17

They asked me why i didn't stay with the same and I told them I didn't have the 800 so they said ok, 500,000

and they can do it the same time I apply, not send it thru Bangkok.

I am wondering. It would seem immigration can do as they wish as they do not need bangkok's approval. they approve the application and then give the visa.

I spoke with a friend that got his yearly retirment extension in Jan. He had about 150,000 in his bank book but as he had been moving money in and out as he built a house they didn't say anything...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sunbelt;

They knew exactly what I was talking about as i had the thai version of the immigration act and underlined 7.17

They asked me why i didn't stay with the same and I told them I didn't have the 800 so they said ok, 500,000

and they can do it the same time I apply, not send it thru Bangkok.

I am wondering. It would seem immigration can do as they wish as they do not need bangkok's approval. they approve the application and then give the visa.

I spoke with a friend that got his yearly retirment extension in Jan. He had about 150,000 in his bank book but as he had been moving money in and out as he built a house they didn't say anything...

They are either incompetent , ignorant of the law or they are exerting the power Immigration has. Any one of these three reasons could be why Phuket Immigration quoted you 500K when you need no funds for this extension of stay. That’s why lawyers have a job.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Yep, I agree.

But they are the ones with the stamp :-)

I would love to have you all assist but your not down here and it would cost me ( including your fee) over 14,000 baht to get it done in Bangkok what with airfares/hotel/taxi's food, "one night in bangkok" etc