It's official - English Premier League back on True

webfact

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately,I will be looking for matches in the Championship,

anyone know where I can watch the Toon climb back into the EPL.

regards Worgeordie

wor lad that will be on fantasy island with MR.BEAN as manager.

AWAY BONNIE LAD.

regards Worgeordie

Once the season starts, have a look at DooFootball and KatookHD who broadcast live via Facebook.

Just which channel do they propose to show the football on.

If it's part of your package already, I don't see how they can justify charging extra.

The Premier League hasn't been on Truevisions for 3 years. They charge extra as the rights to show it are very expensive. They are not a charity.

Edit: the games will be on True/Bein channels.

They already charge more than European Countries for the same package deals.

I'm not a charity either.

I've just upgraded my package and have already raised a complaint about their promotional offer, but that's a different story.

If they block viewing on a channel I'm already paying for, then I'd have a legitimate reason to complain.

faz tues morning at 3am.they said that bein would not be showing nothing from 6th.august at 00-01.

those afected are,family sports,gold,super family sports and platinium.it seems platinium customers get this yrs.free,the others 299bht and 399bht.extra.to their package.

If it's part of your package already, I don't see how they can justify charging extra.

4 x BEIN channels

Sorry but I don't understand the term BEIN.

Is that an abbreviation?

BEIN sports are a Qatari company that own the rights to broadcast the premier league in this area along with other sports channels.

Prices vary from as little as 29 baht a month on mobiles to 399 baht per month.----OP

So... I am a long way from being Tech savvy......but is it possible to connect your mobile to a computer---to TV.......etc

or receive a mobile signal another way.................coffee1.gif

I wont be doing either----most matches are to late for me, so I download from private sites & watch which ones I want while eating Brekie..

Edited by oxo1947

regards Worgeordie

Last season there were no TV rights for the football league games in Thailand according to the football league. Uk games on Sky if you can get it. Maybe True as they have Bein deal.

Up the Clarets

Well, Well, Well! Another Claret. I know of two others where I live!

A last minute deal done with Be In sports who had purchased the rights for Thailand (How a Doha based company can buy the rights for Thailand has got me beat) But they had no platform to show it without doing a deal with True or CTH.

CTH is finished financially & will now cease operations me thinks.

Be In's picture clarity is also second to none, much better than CTH

The Premier League hasn't been on Truevisions for 3 years. They charge extra as the rights to show it are very expensive. They are not a charity.

Edit: the games will be on True/Bein channels.

They already charge more than European Countries for the same package deals.

I'm not a charity either.

I've just upgraded my package and have already raised a complaint about their promotional offer, but that's a different story.

If they block viewing on a channel I'm already paying for, then I'd have a legitimate reason to complain.

They don't charge more than Sky in the UK. To be honest, I'm not bothered about the price as I've been a UBC/ Truevisions subscriber for 10 years and I'm just grateful to have the Premier League back.

Who cares about this company. If you are in desperation for EPL get an android box or similar, a decent high speed download ISP and watch it all when YOU want with no annoying True adverts for free.

Those of us who want to watch football on the telly and not through the internet care.

Just connect your laptop to tv hdmi and watch it free (in HD) through one of many websites.

Wouldn't that be through the internet?

i wont be going back to true. far too expensive.

I won't be going back because it's programming is crap.

You can't blame True for programming the footie - they're showing every game!

It's the rest of the low grade programmes they show and the excessive advertising they include in sports, in particular running banners across the bottom of the screen during live sports events. And every other programme now I think about it.

Quit true 2 years ago and have never regretted doing so.

i wont be going back to true. far too expensive.

I won't be going back because it's programming is crap.
You can't blame True for programming the footie - they're showing every game!

It's the rest of the low grade programmes they show and the excessive advertising they include in sports, in particular running banners across the bottom of the screen during live sports events. And every other programme now I think about it.

Quit true 2 years ago and have never regretted doing so.

I agree that is annoying. As are the outages when raining. But I put up with it for footie on the telly.

True getting Premier League football is not a big issue What concerns me is their influence over Internet access and the likelihood of them attempting to block streaming - they succeeded with Grand Slam tennis and I suspect will also try with Football

JGV

I changed to their new optic fibre package which includes (has to) internet as well.

The rain seems to have no detrimental effects now (had for 6 weeks)

The installation staff courteous, helpful & knowledgeable

No, I have no connections to True

Amazing ! I hardly read a good word about CTH on this forum, yet when they lose the contract, the posters all turn on True ! Perhaps CTH"s prices, 899 Baht a month and reception, which has been really good where I live, weren't so bad after all.

Hi JGV

If they have purchased the sole rights from Be In why should they not block internet access if they can ?

I heard 250 mil GBP for the 3 years which is a hell of a lot of money & he FA would have milked all they can in their bidding process.

You wait to hear the bleating next year when True put up the price of the Platinum package as well which they have

hinted at already.Money does not grow on trees & they are going to have to recoup from somewhere

Hi JGV

If they have purchased the sole rights from Be In why should they not block internet access if they can ?

I heard 250 mil GBP for the 3 years which is a hell of a lot of money & he FA would have milked all they can in their bidding process.

You wait to hear the bleating next year when True put up the price of the Platinum package as well which they have

hinted at already.Money does not grow on trees & they are going to have to recoup from somewhere

Indeed. Like it or not, the Premier League is a product and purchasing "exclusive rights" requires a significant investment. A rights holder should do everything possible to prevent unauthorised, illegal broadcasting or internet transmission. In western countries it's a prosecutable offence.

Who cares about this company. If you are in desperation for EPL get an android box or similar, a decent high speed download ISP and watch it all when YOU want with no annoying True adverts for free.

Not to mention the 3 presenters (Larry, Curly & Mo) ho are the most boring people and have poor knowledge of football you can ever imagine. Android box for me.

BEIN sports are a Qatari company that own the rights to broadcast the premier league in this area along with other sports channels.

Not quite correct. They have the rights only for Africa and the Middle East, and have have sub-let the rights to True for Thailand.

Amazing ! I hardly read a good word about CTH on this forum, yet when they lose the contract, the posters all turn on True ! Perhaps CTH"s prices, 899 Baht a month and reception, which has been really good where I live, weren't so bad after all.

I don't think anyone had a problem with the transmission. It was their service that was non-existent, and they began billing everyone for imaginary debts a few days before the legally allowed two year time limit was up. I wrote to them many times and never had any response, took it up with the consumer complaints people and CTH ignored them as well. No wonder they went broke.

This is decent news.

One of my locals, a brilliant, basic Thai place, left it too late to make the switch to TCH from True for the football. Saturdays and Sundays were their big earning nights (and sometimes in the wee small hours midweek) but as they didn't want the large expense of switching or showing and got caught up in the installation backlog once they realised they were missing out. They really missed the boat though and lost their football crowd to another cruddy local place whose gaffer was a bit more on the ball, sadly the good place didn't survive their loss, in spite of our constant nagging, and upped sticks to Sri Racha early this year....sad.png

Okay, I went to a True booth at Tesco Lotus in Kalasin today. They can sell me a Sports only package for 299 baht that features four BeIN and three True sports channels for 299 a month. He tried to print out the details but it isn't available until 1st August. I've no problem with that. And I'll get the news (BBC,Sky, ITV, CNN) from ilikehd for 200 a month as I do now.

I'm an existing customer with a dish and box and I've been paying 899 a month for a basic Family package to keep the account alive. Hardly used it except when kids come round and watch cartoons. My wife who did the talking with them didn't ask about changing my package from Family to Sports, but from past experience that should take no more than a phone call or another visit to them. That's how it was done when I downgraded from Gold or Platinum (I forget now). They just type something into their system I imagine, and I'm good to go.

Tesco are selling a more modern True box than the one I have for 1690. I don't know if I'll need to change to that, but I doubt it as the old one works now. It all sounds too good to be true (pun intended), so we'll see.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

Just been down to my local True Visions office to sign up, B299 for the Happy Family HD package + B299 for the PL = B598/month which I'm happy with. For another B99/month I can get the PVR service to record the late games. B1,000 deposit, equipment & installation free, coming round on Monday to install.

Sounds too good to be true (pun intended) so I'll update if anything changes.

Just download the Mobdro app and watch it on your mobile device or tablet for free

Have tried this for my pc. Had to download android software first (bluestacks) then Mobdro.

Get wonderful streaming but only for 30 seconds then it freezes regardless of the channel.

No problem with normal streaming sites just their annoying hoops they make you jump through.

Any ideas why I should have this problem with mobdro?