9 Year Old Russian Boy Falls 3 Storeys at Jomtien Condo

webfact

9 Year Old Russian Boy Falls 3 Storeys at Jomtien Condo

pat1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- At 16.30 hrs on 28th July 2016 Sawangboriboon Rescue was informed of a fall at Atlantis Condo Resort Jomtien Beach Sai 2,

On the ground floor near the staircase of Tower B, rescuers found the body of 9 year old Russian, Master Yaroslav Obrosov.

Young Master Yaroslav had a swollen left eye and bruises on his body.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/228740/9-year-old-russian-boy-falls-3-storeys-jomtien-condo/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PattayaOneNews+%28Pattaya+One+News%29

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-07-29

If I had been the witness to some ghastly child being naughty I probably would have thrown him over the railings myself.

Condos are not suitable places for children and they should be excluded from them, just like pets are.

Thankfully the boy seems to be okay all things considered. Speedy recovery to him.

There are several very sad cases about kids falling off balconies in Thailand but here it seems to be from the staircase landing.

Edit: No I agree, condo's is not really a good place to raise a kid, one of the reasons we live in a moo baan ourselves.

Okay the Russian family is likely on holidays here so can't compare, but still.

Edited by guzzi850m2

Some months ago my wife was showing a Russian couple a condo ,their kid she said was a nightmare , he went straight to the balcolny and started to climb up on the railings , the parents just pulled him off . wonder if it was this kid .?

Atlantis is a new condo and very popular among Russian families. It's not the cheapest condo in this area and the building at least from the outside looks to be high quality. Bur accidents happen anywhere.

A witness says he was being a naughty boy and this contributed to him falling?

How exactly?

Did he climb over a guard railing?

Or was this an absence of safety designed building construction?

Sure glad the little fella is OK.

so the low railings on Thai high-rise balconies is not the reason for this one, eh?

A witness says he was being a naughty boy and this contributed to him falling?

How exactly?

Did he climb over a guard railing?

Or was this an absence of safety designed building construction?

Sure glad the little fella is OK.

The news items says 'the body...".

whistling.gif

Safety not paramount in Thailand and dumb parents don't help!

Most rails are too low and have you noticed the Escalators are the same.

Paragons are far too low and obviously designed for shorter Asian people.

If you in your wisdom decide something is unsafe to use, then don't use it !

The real story here is why the reports of condo jumping have all but dried up.

A few months back, condo and hotel jumping was constantly in the news, foreigners coming to Thailand to defy gravity and commit suicide, according to the police reports.

Then, miraculously, it just stopped happening, if you can believe the news.

Call me a skeptic, but to think condo jumping no longer is happening is a bit of a stretch.

to survive a three storey is a miracle.

As far as I know it is only above the fifth floor that falls generally result in death. It also depends a great deal on which part of your body you land on, and what you land on.

The ONLY surprise here is it doesn't happen more frequently. Russian parents usually allow their kids to roam free often being really annoying with no parental control, use the pool as a baby sitter, and are generally absent during their children's daytime frolics. Hope the kids OK but the Russians in particular have no interest at all in what they get up to. No surprise in this outcome.

kids can be very naughty and nothing to do with building design. Kids love to climb things, thinking they are a super hero or mimicking what they see in movies.

I was a stupid kid once, climb down the balcony of the 2nd floor with a rope when I was around 10...guess I watched too many movies as well ...my brother was horrified when he saw me go over the balcony

On 30/07/2016 at 0:11 AM, KittenKong said:

As far as I know it is only above the fifth floor that falls generally result in death. It also depends a great deal on which part of your body you land on, and what you land on.

Let's hope no one relies on your (lack of) knowledge then.