What's wrong with my laptop screen?

chris26be

perhaps a little more information regarding the make of laptop ,OS etc would make offering assistance possible.

scaling is often done in the graphics card configuration. given we have no idea what you are running, there is very little point in attempting to suggest any solution.

Edited by HooHaa

Can you check one thing for me ? Turn the laptop OFF, then turn it on and do you still see the same thing on the bottom of the screen when the laptop boots up.

Yes, same thing as soon as the laptop boots up.

I would suggest that a windows update has changed the screen resolution.

I do not know windows 10 but what you need to do is find the display settings and try another setting.

On older versions it was under Control Panel and Display.

I would suggest that a windows update has changed the screen resolution.

I do not know windows 10 but what you need to do is find the display settings and try another setting.

On older versions it was under Control Panel and Display.

Screen has the recommended resolution: 1366x768

Incorrect resolution would leave the unused area black and not crop the icons.

Faulty row-driver devices on the LCD panel, our Samsung TV has a similar issue at the top, we've been living with it for about 3 years now.

Could just be dirty connections if you fancy taking things apart. But it may not work at all afterwards sad.png

Does the issue change if you flex the screen?

Proper fix would be to replace the LCD, I would just move the taskbar to the top and live with it until it fails totally.

Incorrect resolution would leave the unused area black and not crop the icons.

Faulty row-driver devices on the LCD panel, our Samsung TV has a similar issue at the top, we've been living with it for about 3 years now.

Could just be dirty connections if you fancy taking things apart. But it may not work at all afterwards sad.png

Does the issue change if you flex the screen?

Proper fix would be to replace the LCD, I would just move the taskbar to the top and live with it until it fails totally.

When I plug my TV into my laptop I get exactly the same on the TV as the OP, only see the top part of the icons along the bottom. I put that down to the TV having a different resolution to the laptop, it is also a Samsung.