New 2016 Toyota Fortuner VS Ford Everest

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 31.08.2016 at 11:02 AM, transam said:

They buy reliability....:P....

"Mga Sirs, yun sakin 2.4 AT Diesel... More than a month na replaced yun tranny ko no issue on jerking na till now but Just wondering if there is a need for the ECCU Config update ? No calls or info received from Toyota SA. Advise lang sa mga naka experience ng jerking you need to have it check for sure it will go worse.." (c)

https://www.tsikot.com/forums/toyota-cars-talk-80/2016-toyota-fortuner-jerky-transmission-102978/index66.html

where reliability?

You mean - imaginary reliability 

10 minutes ago, ardokano said:

"Mga Sirs, yun sakin 2.4 AT Diesel... More than a month na replaced yun tranny ko no issue on jerking na till now but Just wondering if there is a need for the ECCU Config update ? No calls or info received from Toyota SA. Advise lang sa mga naka experience ng jerking you need to have it check for sure it will go worse.." (c)

https://www.tsikot.com/forums/toyota-cars-talk-80/2016-toyota-fortuner-jerky-transmission-102978/index66.html

where reliability?

You mean - imaginary reliability 

Hows your bumper...?

10 minutes ago, transam said:

Hows your bumper...?

thanks its fine every 2-3 month buy warranty do it in Toyota service..

but now i not Use much its this parody of the car..

I find in Thailand a new hobby .. motorcycle. Next week I'll go pick up the third big bike.. really enjoy it-- all service, quality of bike.Thailand is in the exceptions to the rule.

PS

you said that the example of your friend follow out and add me to ignorlist?
  or just a man said- man made .. this is not about you?:D

PS after PS

Do not take to heart. I'm kidding. I actually friendly, and welcoming

wish all good health and enjoy life even other views on life

On Friday, September 09, 2016 at 2:19 PM, PattayaBoy said:

Just picked TDR and it drives really good. Much better then normal ones and pajero and everest for me.
Great looks with extras

And gps works nice with live traffic.

20160908_152845.jpg

598ab73d8b95a077d7305307e1a27fa5.jpg

I think the white with the black roof looks really smart. I actually like the appearance better than my EV and the front seats are more comfortable.

• 3 months later...

Well it's been a while. We took delivery of our 3.2L Titanium. Beautiful car, very quiet, even my neighbours questioned if it was a diesel. 

The panaramic sunroof is stunning early in the moring, evening or when overcast how it lights up yhe interior. During extreme sun we close it. 

There is ample room in the back and i love the electric foldable rear seats (i saw this in the new renault espace in europe earlier this year). The middle row slides forward if more legroom is needed way back!

Sync 3 we have, would be nice to get google maps which hopefully will come soon. 

The 4x4 works great! We crossed some flooded roads and it felt like driving in the dry. We did a long country trip too, very nice on the highways. Small pot holes? Hardly feel them anymore. :P

Mirror crosstraffic alert, backing out left/right vehicle alerts are awesome. Autodimming rear mirror is nice too and there are plenty of more options to keep amused. 

Lane assist would be nice in EU but here where it would be suicide to only drive in marked lanes not very handy. 

One other thing, we have a app from Ford for roadside assistance. It passes our location on if we need help and it has a locate my vehicle option! That works great!

The alert chimes are premium. A guest noted how it sounds similsr to being in a aircraft as to other cars.

Anyway, very happy with it, more so than the hyundai santa fe I had before! 

IMG_3959.JPG

IMG_4109.JPG

On 02/08/2016 at 9:57 AM, JAS21 said:

Yes ... no built in gps ... I'm now happy using 'google maps' BUT where to hold my phone. I have marked the dashboard with the phone holder for car cam ...I now have a car cam on the mirror ... 

Am awaiting a reasonably priced 3rd party 'upgrade' to the 'in car' unit to enable me to connect 'maps' to it ...

Have a look at these for a phone holding solution, they use an air vent

9.jpg

http://www.breffo.com/products/breffo-spiderpodium

Ive got 2 spare at home.....order 3 for free shipping :)

13 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Copies ... now you are talking

Mrs JAS won't let you get a copy anything :)

Bluetooth audio and screen mirroring works very nicely in the mu-X (which has GPS and a dashcam as standard).

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Mrs JAS won't let you get a copy anything :)

Bluetooth audio and screen mirroring works very nicely in the mu-X (which has GPS and a dashcam as standard).

Unfortunately that is quite near the mark.

Isuzu GPS is based on Garmin, or it was when I had one.

I initially missed it but now am very happy with 'MAPS'. It's just this Sync2 thing that can't easily mirror my phone screen ....

Well it's been a while. We took delivery of our 3.2L Titanium. Beautiful car, very quiet, even my neighbours questioned if it was a diesel. 

The panaramic sunroof is stunning early in the moring, evening or when overcast how it lights up yhe interior. During extreme sun we close it. 

There is ample room in the back and i love the electric foldable rear seats (i saw this in the new renault espace in europe earlier this year). The middle row slides forward if more legroom is needed way back!

Sync 3 we have, would be nice to get google maps which hopefully will come soon. 

The 4x4 works great! We crossed some flooded roads and it felt like driving in the dry. We did a long country trip too, very nice on the highways. Small pot holes? Hardly feel them anymore. [emoji14]

Mirror crosstraffic alert, backing out left/right vehicle alerts are awesome. Autodimming rear mirror is nice too and there are plenty of more options to keep amused. 

Lane assist would be nice in EU but here where it would be suicide to only drive in marked lanes not very handy. 

One other thing, we have a app from Ford for roadside assistance. It passes our location on if we need help and it has a locate my vehicle option! That works great!

The alert chimes are premium. A guest noted how it sounds similsr to being in a aircraft as to other cars.

Anyway, very happy with it, more so than the hyundai santa fe I had before! 

IMG_3959.thumb.JPG.7a59efacb1edd90ecc5473f947b453b4.JPG
IMG_4109.thumb.JPG.ba99b822994d6acbc9bb93dc80fd4e8e.JPG

Good choice, happy for you.

Lovely looker too

36 minutes ago, Apiwan2 said:

Good choice, happy for you.

Lovely looker too

See that little 'square bit' in front of the 'gear stick'. That is a cover and under it is a button that you depress to select 'N' when the ignition key is out. Useful to know ... my cover if off all the time ... you can buy a clip in 'thingee' to make it look better if you wish.

I am interesting . Do what you , guys buy these unguided Roads ugly cars? where do you live? You have a big family? buy Hyundai h1. . if there is no family than Civic or Tiana are not satisfied?

ok I am stumped I think in Thailand have Toyota..and I need car for 5-7 people. And choose cheap car.. and lost.. but why you buy?

10 hours ago, ardokano said:

I am interesting . Do what you , guys buy these unguided Roads ugly cars? where do you live? You have a big family? buy Hyundai h1. . if there is no family than Civic or Tiana are not satisfied?

ok I am stumped I think in Thailand have Toyota..and I need car for 5-7 people. And choose cheap car.. and lost.. but why you buy?

Ardo ...welcome back ... where have you been? How is that old banger with the ill- fitting body panels...got them fixed yet?

Above is a good idea for a new topic while everyone is still in the holiday mood ...I don't understand why you weren't in the POTY race ...Happy New Year anyway ...☺

35 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Ardo ...welcome back ... where have you been? How is that old banger with the ill- fitting body panels...got them fixed yet?

Above is a good idea for a new topic while everyone is still in the holiday mood ...I don't understand why you weren't in the POTY race ...Happy New Year anyway ...☺

hi!! happy to hear you.

Happy New Year!!

I was in many places. Now returned to Thailand and have traveled several thousand in my bus marked with LOGO Toyota. which roll in corners and all bursting like an old wagon .. su..s

i was stuped and may out of my mind when buy it.. 

I could not think that Toyota will be able to do something worse Camry .. but they did.

for all wish any your wish happened in this is yEAR!!

Archived