New 2016 Toyota Fortuner VS Ford Everest

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/19/2016 at 1:35 PM, PattayaBoy said:

After test driving few cars, we are between Fortuner 2.8 Sportivo (top model) or Everest 3.2 Titanium

What would you choose and why? :)

Everest in AUS comes with GPS, can you make it working in Thailand? 

Hmm. The 2.8 Sportivo is 2 wheel drive and the Titanium is a 4x4.. no? 

6 hours ago, Chuckles78 said:

We have ordered a Everest 4x4 3.2 Titanium+

Thanks for the feedback and especially to mangrovevens for his in depth reply!! :D

You will enjoy ...when you get it join www.fuelly.com then there will be two of us there ...

On 19/08/2016 at 1:35 PM, PattayaBoy said:

After test driving few cars, we are between Fortuner 2.8 Sportivo (top model) or Everest 3.2 Titanium

What would you choose and why? :)

Everest in AUS comes with GPS, can you make it working in Thailand? 

The Ford because they are clearly head and shoulders above every other manufacturer here (except for 3 sh**ty dealers).

5 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

The Ford because they are clearly head and shoulders above every other manufacturer here (except for 3 sh**ty dealers).

Yep. That and the highest fuel consumption of the lot. Those are really the only two issues. 

Yep ...it does use quite a lot of fuel driving in BK traffic ...13+Ltr/100kms.

For service try Ford VPK in ChaengWattana. Angelo, one of the Techs, speaks perfect english and is very informative ...when he found out that we also had a Fiesta Ecoboost he just smiled.......

It's not well known but Ford will re-balance your wheels if you take it back before it is 3 months old providing less than 3000kms.

As far as I am concerned the Fortuner is just a modified pick-up truck,  I sat in one before buying my CRV when the Fortuner first came out, just like sitting in a sedan, a bit cramped space for me, the CRV offered a much better sitting position as does the Everest with much more space for the legs. The Everest is also designed from start to be what it is, nobody's taken a pick-up chassis and re-designed it to be a SUV.

The Everest is also a brand new model released this year while the Fortuner is the same old design dating back 10 years or so....

Everest is made on the top of the pickup too

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

48 minutes ago, PattayaBoy said:

Everest is made on the top of the pickup too

Wow, I posted that like a month ago lol. But I admit I take back what I said. But the fact still remains that I hate Fortuner and all Fortuner owners. Maybe hate about the owners is a bit over the top but just that I don't like people who put up money to buy a crappy Fortuner.

Just now, transam said:

They buy reliability....:P....oh, and it does have coil springs on a shorter chassis than it's truck counterpart...:)

Actually I bought a Ranger recently and must admit leaf springs are not bad at all, very sturdy and last long.

Wow, I posted that like a month ago lol. But I admit I take back what I said. But the fact still remains that I hate Fortuner and all Fortuner owners. Maybe hate about the owners is a bit over the top but just that I don't like people who put up money to buy a crappy Fortuner.

I wouldnt say its crappy. Theres far worst cars in that class and i test drive them all including subarus

1 minute ago, transam said:

I think he is saying it is old tech and does last.....Though I have read that Ford has used mega tech to make leaf suspension more user friendly in unloaded conditions...Whether that is true or not I don't know..

Is this mega tech called 'properly set up shock absorbers'?

Im about to get one SUV and im between Fortuner 2.8 TRD Sportivo ( 2.8 TRD 4WD ) (two tone, white + black, Trd is bit tuned up)  vs Everest 3.2 Titanium+ (well top ver.)

I like looks of toyota more, only thing I dont like its its hydraulic power assistance, its not too bad tho.

http://indianautosblog.com/2016/03/2016-toyota-fortuner-trd-sportivo-revealed-223813

sddefault.jpg

2 hours ago, PattayaBoy said:

I think that you are a Toyota Person. That Sportivo looks nice and I prefer the front seat comfort to the EV. 

The EV has parallel parking and now use it frequently ..it's brill. No gps on the EV screen is pity. I have to find somewhere to stick my phone ...am used to 'maps' now, in fact quite like it.

Yep go for Toyota ...you may have to wait a while for a 3.2EV ...if you go for EV wait for sync3 ...

Down in Pats the Ford is now The Bargirls Choise over the Spivo . Newly Wed Ferangs down here are buying them over Tunas. Nothing changes the Ferang wants a Car but ends up with a Truck .Then kids himself they ride n Handle like a Non Comercials vehiclle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived