PM asks for trust from Thais

rooster59

PM asks for trust from Thais

Suwit Rattiwan

BANGKOK, 30 July 2016 (NNT) - Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has called on Thais to embrace change for a better future, saying there are still conflicts all sides need to help resolve.

The PM on Friday said he wanted to ask for cooperation from the public in developing a good system for Thailand. He called on them to trust the government and the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) otherwise everything would go back to the way it was.

Gen. Prayut also emphasized that he only exercised his power against people who did not obey the laws, dismissing the allegations that he abused his power to hurt people.

Meanwhile, national police chief Pol.Gen. Chakthip Chaichinda said more than 200,000 police officers would be deployed to provide security on the charter referendum day.

Spokesman of the NCPO Col. Winthai Suwaree said people could express different opinions regarding the charter draft as long as they were not illegal.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-07-30 footer_n.gif

He doesn't need trust he writes his own amnesty. Guess he figured he would be breaking the law and doing illegal things while jailing people for their words. Trust could have started before you gave yourself amnesty.

Why should people trust you, You stole their rights to an elected Government and you have already overstepped the boundaries of your mandate. On top of that you have done nothing but cover your ass .

Now listen young man you just don't understand the 'unique situation' in Thailand! it is not like any other country due to the "Guardians" watching over it due to its special status as leader of the world and home to the Cure for Ebola, Olympic Champions and the Lottery.

The Good General does not want to be in power but has been forced to do it due to everyone else's incompetence and he fully intends to return happiness to the people through elections in 2017 where all politicians will be guided by the Supreme Senate to ensure they are not naughty.

A friend who lives in Khon Kean tells me that commerce and spending has grinded to a very slow pace,

and that the natives are longing and yearning for Thaksin and his sister to come back and rule again,

because in their times money was flowing and everybody was spending large,

So there, Mr. PM, the people don't care about their trust in you, all the want is money, and they don't

care where it comes from or whether it's honest or tainted money.....

Edited by ezzra

Trust, like respect, is earned.

My Thai boss at work can be really mean to her Thai staff. Always barking inane orders. I told my mate that there's no need for it. I don't get why she behaves like that. He said she knows they can't stand her, so like a child, she has a 'I haven't done anything wrong. You're wrong' attitude.

Trust and affection towards a hostage taker.

Essentially , a military with guns are that.

Does occur.

Rapists & kidnappers have been known to receive love and empathy from long term captives , in what's known as the Stockholm Syndrome .

It's rare but documented.

It's extremely rare a populace that's subjected to oppression and restrictive thought, and terrorised by threat of arrest and charges , and subsequent goal would ever fall into this box.

Rather, what's being asked is the guise of parental love to be accepted?

His fatherly speeches attempt to play a chairman Mao figure.

But in reality Thailand is a mess.

Financially, spiritually, liberty wise , and personal freedoms and hopes.

Politically it's a basket case.

Army doesn't offer solutions .

It's the problem.

His statements are at best a pathetic attempt at ignoring the causes.

Thailand might like Korea even be better separated into two countries.

The north overwhelming are not interested in the elites and their system.

What I think is happening now is the realisation period.

It comes before the stormy rebellion period.

A couple of years of soul searching then the realisation that they need to rise up.

He is trying to appease that.

But ironically arresting children and oppressing the population similtanously .

Edited by Plutojames88

Why should people trust you, You stole their rights to an elected Government and you have already overstepped the boundaries of your mandate. On top of that you have done nothing but cover your ass .

Now listen young man you just don't understand the 'unique situation' in Thailand! it is not like any other country due to the "Guardians" watching over it due to its special status as leader of the world and home to the Cure for Ebola, Olympic Champions and the Lottery.

The Good General does not want to be in power but has been forced to do it due to everyone else's incompetence and he fully intends to return happiness to the people through elections in 2017 where all politicians will be guided by the Supreme Senate to ensure they are not naughty.

I know you are joking, but I still want to kick you in the nuts for that post...?

Trust is earned.

Abrogating your sworn allegiance to support your country's laws, not supporting a constitutionally elected government from whistle-blowing thugs, not protecting polling places from thugs, lying about planning a coup, staging a coup for spurious reasons, claiming elections will be held in October, 2015, trying political opponents in military courts, using self-granted supreme power to "govern" all make pleas for trust somewhat disingenuous.

Trust is earned.

Abrogating your sworn allegiance to support your country's laws, not supporting a constitutionally elected government from whistle-blowing thugs, not protecting polling places from thugs, lying about planning a coup, staging a coup for spurious reasons, claiming elections will be held in October, 2015, trying political opponents in military courts, using self-granted supreme power to "govern" all make pleas for trust somewhat disingenuous.

Wow your just as bad as some of them other people here, using facts and history against the supreme hero of the nation and his ever shrinking fan club.

Ok ok yes he did do all of the things you say he did, but well you know it will be ignored by his fan club as per usual, or if they actually did respond to your post it would be a but but but Thaksin standard rebuttal.

This pelican is asking the Thai people to trust him, OK, now if a person of reasonable intelligence used his past deeds as you have outlined above as a guide to trust him or not, I think the majority of people would have a laugh and maybe even piss their pants a little.

The UN has a real issue regarding the trust they have for him and comment on it often while he and his spokesperson almost weekly claim that the UN and the International community have no problems with the junta arresting and charging civilians in a military court.

But then there's the use of the LM laws and computer crimes laws and defamation laws used against any opponents. So yeah why not trust him? After all history is a great teacher.

Trust and affection towards a hostage taker.

Essentially , a military with guns are that.

Does occur.

Rapists & kidnappers have been known to receive love and empathy from long term captives , in what's known as the Stockholm Syndrome .

It's rare but documented.

It's extremely rare a populace that's subjected to oppression and restrictive thought, and terrorised by threat of arrest and charges , and subsequent goal would ever fall into this box.

Rather, what's being asked is the guise of parental love to be accepted?

His fatherly speeches attempt to play a chairman Mao figure.

But in reality Thailand is a mess.

Financially, spiritually, liberty wise , and personal freedoms and hopes.

Politically it's a basket case.

Army doesn't offer solutions .

It's the problem.

His statements are at best a pathetic attempt at ignoring the causes.

Thailand might like Korea even be better separated into two countries.

The north overwhelming are not interested in the elites and their system.

What I think is happening now is the realisation period.

It comes before the stormy rebellion period.

A couple of years of soul searching then the realisation that they need to rise up.

He is trying to appease that.

But ironically arresting children and oppressing the population similtanously .

"His fatherly speeches attempt to play a chairman Mao figure."

The Economist has a rather different view:

Whereas Mr Prayuth rambles self-righteously on his weekly television show, opposition parties are gagged and parliament stuffed with the junta’s
allies.

Synthesising the thoughts of others above - trust is earned through deeds and demonstrable leadership, not through pleading, cajoling, threatening, and home-spun nationalistic rhetoric.

While yu Prat espouses a return to democracy on 2017, his (and his usurpers) actions in the lead-up to the referendum seem to be quite out of step with his marching song.

post-209291-0-65583000-1469848118_thumb.

Hardly surprising that he is so single-minded, considering his background - where he would have had difficulty deciding which foot to move next (Left, Left, Left, Right, Left)!

I know you are joking, but I still want to kick you in the nuts for that post...?

If he's not careful guys in camo will do just that.

Gen. Prayut also emphasized that he only exercised his power against people who did not obey the laws, dismissing the allegations that he abused his power to hurt people.

Its a dead giveaway - the ONLY times the Government's tame News Bureau specifically denies something, you know that the allegations are true. They just ignore untrue allegations.

Trust is earned.

To be fair the Thai Military does not swear allegiance to the Thai people, their laws and constitutions. As such it does not with every coup abrogate its allegiance. Its allegiance lies with the monarchy, buddhism and the Thai State. That allegiance faithfully exists before and after every coup. The sovereignty of the Thai people is not synomous with the sovereignty respected by the military.

PM wants Thais to trust him?

Ok have an election now, and see the Shinawatras wipe the floor with you.

Every Thai living outside of the big cities would vote for them.

Not only in the countryside;

many thai people who are sometimes rich or very rich, HiSo people, living in big cities are waiting for Thaksin Shinavatra coming back .

And never forget that the real name of the thai army is " Tengmo " :

green outside

red inside wai.gif

Yes that about sums it up. Its time to schmooze the people stroke them and get them to make the right decision about the constitution. It will be interesting. As my old grandmother used to say you can fool some of the people some of the time but you cannot fool all the people all of the time.

Trust is earned.

On 7/30/2016 at 7:49 AM, rkidlad said:

Trust, like respect, is earned.

My Thai boss at work can be really mean to her Thai staff. Always barking inane orders. I told my mate that there's no need for it. I don't get why she behaves like that. He said she knows they can't stand her, so like a child, she has a 'I haven't done anything wrong. You're wrong' attitude.

Sorry to admit that after 10+ years living in this country my trust level has plummeted greatly. When I first got here a guy living here asked me, " how do you know if a Thai is lying"?  Then he said, " if their lips are moving they are lying." 

I did not take him at his word but from my experience now I would somewhat agree. Trust? Thailand? Humnnnnnnnnn