Nutter neighbour insults wife - what can we do? Help please.

cliveshep

2 minutes ago, MiKT said:

More BS about something you have know way of knowing the facts.

Of course I moved to another country, married a local  and bought  property in the specific case of Thailand and it could well have happened in the countries I lived in for say 7 years like HK. Only sheer stupidity and other mitigating reasons, stopped me buying my lovely beachview house in HK, or a condo in Singapore,I would be a millionaire now, but for, but for, but for, etc.

My second wife came from Rhodesia and we were going to sell-up and move permanently  to SA, but I hated the level of violence and the apartheid (so did she). I very nearly married a beautiful Taiwanese girl (hello Crossy), etc............... who knows what can happen.

Anyway, a shipping container full of your household goods and chattels is a shipping container full of your household goods and chattels. It does not matter if you planned to live in the country permanently or work for a few years, they are still an expensive item to keep in storage/customs.

When you move a lot, things have  a different viewpoint.

Well I have moved a lot, and would never be sending a container full, ever. Especially to Thailand where everything is pretty cheap. Certainly cheaper than buying the container, shipping costs and customs duty etc.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, jvs said:

Well i was responding to the op's first post and there was no mention of a certified psychotic person and where did you see she was throwing poo at the op?

I kind of hinted the op's wife had an issue but i had no intention to offend anyone,i hope the op was not but you seem to be?You used rather strong language which you edited later.

I do feel the op's wife makes herself a victim,the real victim is the mentally challenged lady.

Sticks and stones?

Mister Squeegee you can take this to the bank,if my wife would ever suggest to me to get a gun and hire a hitman to do the dirty work i would be out of that relationship one minute later!

However i do feel for the op and his wife,it must be really difficult to deal with a situation like that,Squeegee did you offer any ideas?Like the op asked for?

I will leave it at that,have a nice evening.

"there was no mention of a certified psychotic person"

[...]

"...and if she really is mental [sic] unstable she is not to blame."

:facepalm:

-

"where did you see she was throwing poo at the op?"

You are seriously asking that in a topic where it specifies 'insults' in the title and goes into detail about abusive behaviour from a neighbour?

Actually, I agree with you that the OP's wife is making herself a victim, to an extent at least, however she is recieving abuse from another person, that makes her the primary victim no matter what her attitude is.

You are deeply incorrect to posit that if someone behaves anti-socially or not normal/healthy as considered by society then they are blameless.

"if my wife would ever suggest to me to get a gun and hire a hitman to do the dirty work i would be out of that relationship one minute later!"

You seem to lack basic life experience. As I said, decent people are driven to distraction by problem neighbours and you obviously cannot put yourself in their shoes, because it is not about rationalism. "I'll kill that little kid of he's rude to my mother again" does not mean someone is a potential murderer.

If someone drives your wife so crazy she says she wants to buy a gun you'll leave her. Lovely. It's called venting and if your wife is already down you'll just quit on her for that?

You make the abuser completely blameless by some fake politically correct notion yet point your finger at a man, his wife and their marriage. I find that offensive. Stick a 'not normal' tag on someone and say they are blameless. How patronizing. Then go after the victim....

The truth is almost certainly somewhere in between.

32 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Well I have moved a lot, and would never be sending a container full, ever. Especially to Thailand where everything is pretty cheap. Certainly cheaper than buying the container, shipping costs and customs duty etc.

Well I see you are still not viewing this situation in the correct light.

I sent containers full of stuff from HK to Singapore, Singapore to UK and UK to Taiwan, UK to Thailand, etc. because it was cheaper to do that. I have also moved goods up and down to Malaysia by land, or UK to Germany and UK to France (and back).

You can't replace a household full of your personal stuff every time you move. Try bunging out all your favorite books, sports gear, Records (as was) CD's etc. See how your kids love having all their favorite toys bunged-out.

In most countries (including Thailand) it is much more expensive to rent furnished property, so you have to bring your own if you are planning on staying for any length of time.

PS you don't buy containers, you rent them (or space in one if you have less than a full load)  - unless you are one of those poor mugs who got swindled in the great container renting rip offs of a few years ago.

Its always different for everybody. You cannot generalize and condemn somebody else based on your own limited personal experiences. If you have never had to pay for the services of a removal company and utilize even part of a shipping container you clearly have not had to move much stuff and so seemingly cannot relate to others who have.

Think a bit more before you press the tit.

1 hour ago, Squeegee said:

"there was no mention of a certified psychotic person"

[...]

"...and if she really is mental [sic] unstable she is not to blame."

:facepalm:

-

"where did you see she was throwing poo at the op?"

You are seriously asking that in a topic where it specifies 'insults' in the title and goes into detail about abusive behaviour from a neighbour?

Actually, I agree with you that the OP's wife is making herself a victim, to an extent at least, however she is recieving abuse from another person, that makes her the primary victim no matter what her attitude is.

You are deeply incorrect to posit that if someone behaves anti-socially or not normal/healthy as considered by society then they are blameless.

"if my wife would ever suggest to me to get a gun and hire a hitman to do the dirty work i would be out of that relationship one minute later!"

You seem to lack basic life experience. As I said, decent people are driven to distraction by problem neighbours and you obviously cannot put yourself in their shoes, because it is not about rationalism. "I'll kill that little kid of he's rude to my mother again" does not mean someone is a potential murderer.

If someone drives your wife so crazy she says she wants to buy a gun you'll leave her. Lovely. It's called venting and if your wife is already down you'll just quit on her for that?

You make the abuser completely blameless by some fake politically correct notion yet point your finger at a man, his wife and their marriage. I find that offensive. Stick a 'not normal' tag on someone and say they are blameless. How patronizing. Then go after the victim....

The truth is almost certainly somewhere in between.

According to the OP, his wife turned even more nutty than the neighbour!

9 minutes ago, MiKT said:

So their will be plenty of empathy in your household.

You're right - pretty much zero, partly because I have suspicions that the post isn't genuine.

He  'knows' that the reason for the attacks is because his wife is 'young, pretty and slim' (or words to that effect) and also 'knows' that the neighbour has psychiatric problems.  How does he 'know' any of this?

He then adds, pretty much as an after-thought, that his wife wanted to find a hit man to get rid of the neighbour!  A point ignored by most.

IF the OP is even 'sort of' telling the truth - he needs to be far more worried about his wife than his neighbour!

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

You're right - pretty much zero, partly because I have suspicions that the post isn't genuine.

He  'knows' that the reason for the attacks is because his wife is 'young, pretty and slim' (or words to that effect) and also 'knows' that the neighbour has psychiatric problems.  How does he 'know' any of this?

He then adds, pretty much as an after-thought, that his wife wanted to find a hit man to get rid of the neighbour!  A point ignored by most.

IF the OP is even 'sort of' telling the truth - he needs to be far more worried about his wife than his neighbour!

Well Dicky boy, why don't you read the frigging posts if you want to rant on. She showed the police papers to prove she was nutty. Simple enough for you.

Also I most certainly contemplated guns, hitmen and every other nasty scenario when I had my mad neighbor problem; and she was nowhere near as crazy as his, so I have complete empathy with him and his wife.

Luckily they can't yet lock you up for thinking, but it is being worked on as all paranoiacs know for a fact.

Hahahahahaahahaaha!

11 minutes ago, MiKT said:

Well Dicky boy, why don't you read the frigging posts if you want to rant on. She showed the police papers to prove she was nutty. Simple enough for you.

Also I most certainly I had my mad neighbor problem; and she was nowhere near as crazy as his, so I have complete empathy with him and his wife.

Luckily they can't yet lock you up for thinking, but it is being worked on as all paranoiacs know for a fact.

Hahahahahaahahaaha!

Aaah - that explains a lot!

It will probably come as a shock to you to learn that few of us look to hiring a hit man.

But you had a neighbour that wasn't as bad (as per the OP's probably largely imaginary post) and was contemplating "  guns, hitmen and every other nasty scenario " *

Wow!

Edited by dick dasterdly

20 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Aaah - that explains a lot!

It will probably come as a shock to you to learn that few of us look to hiring a hit man.

But you had a neighbour that wasn't as bad (as per the OP's probably largely imaginary post) and was contemplating "  guns, hitmen and every other nasty scenario " *

Wow!

Wow indeed!

So it will probably come as a bit of a shock to you when you find out just how many real "hitmen" there are in Thailand (check it out on TV) and they are there because people not only contemplate hiring them. they go ahead and do it.

For instance (factual, but not intended as a threat) I could have you eliminated for a mere trifle (at least a trifle for one who can afford a shipping container or two).

Hhahahahahahhahahhahahhhahhahahhahhahhhahaaaaaaaaaaaaah

11 minutes ago, MiKT said:

Wow indeed!

So it will probably come as a bit of a shock to you when you find out just how many real "hitmen" there are in Thailand (check it out on TV) and they are there because people not only contemplate hiring them. they go ahead and do it.

For instance (factual, but not intended as a threat) I could have you eliminated for a mere trifle (at least a trifle for one who can afford a shipping container or two).

Hhahahahahahhahahhahahhhahhahahhahhahhhahaaaaaaaaaaaaah

I can only assume you're pissed as the number of hitman for hire has nothing to do with this thread, and neither does the number of hitman killings.....

The point is that it takes a 'nutter' to seriously consider killing someone.

The OP's wife thought this was a good idea as, apparently, did you when going through bad times yourself.  Hardly suprising then that you don't understand that the OP's wife was more 'nutty' than his neighbour.

Edited by dick dasterdly

3 hours ago, MiKT said:

Well I see you are still not viewing this situation in the correct light.

I sent containers full of stuff from HK to Singapore, Singapore to UK and UK to Taiwan, UK to Thailand, etc. because it was cheaper to do that. I have also moved goods up and down to Malaysia by land, or UK to Germany and UK to France (and back).

You can't replace a household full of your personal stuff every time you move. Try bunging out all your favorite books, sports gear, Records (as was) CD's etc. See how your kids love having all their favorite toys bunged-out.

In most countries (including Thailand) it is much more expensive to rent furnished property, so you have to bring your own if you are planning on staying for any length of time.

PS you don't buy containers, you rent them (or space in one if you have less than a full load)  - unless you are one of those poor mugs who got swindled in the great container renting rip offs of a few years ago.

Its always different for everybody. You cannot generalize and condemn somebody else based on your own limited personal experiences. If you have never had to pay for the services of a removal company and utilize even part of a shipping container you clearly have not had to move much stuff and so seemingly cannot relate to others who have.

Think a bit more before you press the tit.

Very interesting post.

6 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I can only assume you're pissed as the number of hitman for hire has nothing to do with this thread, and neither does the number of hitman killings.....

The point is that it takes a 'nutter' to seriously consider killing someone.

The OP's wife thought this was a good idea as, apparently, did you when going through bad times yourself.  Hardly suprising then that you don't understand that the OP's wife was more 'nutty' than his neighbour.

Na, I am beginning to see that you are more nutty than either his or my neighbours. His neighbour is a certified Nut (not a term I would normally use for person with mental problems  but it fits the post), his wife is naturally upset by the situation (as I expect your wife/partner would be under the same circumstances, although living with you has probably abraded any feelings to a simple "yes god" level of blind obedience and very little feeling left) She is not nutty, just driven to distraction by the nut, to the level that any idea to solve the problem looks good.

Clear now?

Isn't this fun!

Neighbours from hell. Very hard to solve because everything you do to solve the problem only antagonises them further, and they enjoy seeing you react, and so the circle continues, sometimes for years.

Moving is all I can think of. Laughing, blowing kisses at her and ridiculing in the meantime. Or ignore her, which will upset her more than anything. 

7 minutes ago, MiKT said:

Na, I am beginning to see that you are more nutty than either his or my neighbours. His neighbour is a certified Nut (not a term I would normally use for person with mental problems  but it fits the post), his wife is naturally upset by the situation (as I expect your wife/partner would be under the same circumstances, although living with you has probably abraded any feelings to a simple "yes god" level of blind obedience and very little feeling left) She is not nutty, just driven to distraction by the nut, to the level that any idea to solve the problem looks good.

Clear now?

Isn't this fun!

A good final summation " MiKT " .

I have come back on line only to turn off the auto ' Notify me of replies ', the 100+ comments are way over  what I would have expected and some thing of a chore to keep deleting . Well done to the folk who offered genuine advice.

On 02/08/2016 at 3:49 PM, dick dasterdly said:

No problem.  Can you now see that the worry is the four pages of comments, ignoring his comment that his wife wanted the neighbour murdered?!

They were all too happy to blame the 'nutty' neighbour, rather than the 'nutty' wife.

Dependent on course, on whether you think there is a word of truth in the OP or whether it was just an obvious attempt to 'press posters' buttons'.... 

It certainly worked as four pages of posters came out defending the honour of the wife who was looking for a way to murder the neighbour :lol:!

Well actually my pompous friend - the threats of murder came from the mad woman originally. Having money she had been saying she has friends with trucks and will stage an accident for us out on the highway. That is what first caused us to go to the police. Really, you are far to judgemental on skimpy evidence, I'm glad I am not in your circle of friends. A Forum post is no place to go into full chapter and verse of something, I sketched out bare bones, your judgements and condemnation do you no credit, based as they are on supposition and assumptions.

3 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

You really are a piece of work aren't you? With no evidence at all you have decided to call me a liar, my post isn't genuine, and I don't know the reason for attacks on my wife and I don't know the woman is a psychopath.

What a total tool you are. The reasons for the attacks were explained by the neighbours, and confirmed by the women who lived here before - ok so far? The woman is a certified psycho - her husband confirms it,  he only spends part of the week there because of his child with her, he is a really nice guy but crushed by years of her behaviour. She is on medication but it has little effect. Now go away please you odious little man.

And "sort of telling the truth"?  Where do you get off making such allegations? I am worried about my wife, we love each other deeply and I care about how this is crushing her spirit you sanctimonious little twerp. Butt out of the thread if you cannot contribute anything better.

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What we shipped apart from furniture, was a couple of boats, engines, trailers, machines and tools etc. And it was cheaper to by a CSR container and sell it when we got here - which we did, not that it is in any way germane to the original post. For reference - the cost of the contents far outweighed the replacement costs here and osme things were irreplaceable. But - what would you know - you were not there were you as we loaded it. AND - we were able to load over a 6 month period, not a 3 hour window, so could pack things properly.

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Cane we STOP the personal attacks/remarks please. 

Look, this is going nowhere, I'm getting royally pissed-off at a couple of these idiots, genuine folk have genuinely tried to help but others have used it as a stage for insults and insinuations. I think we have explored all reasonable options, moving home is our best solution.

Can you lock the thread now please? Thank you.

It's quite evident the OP's wife cannot control the behavior of the neighbor, but she should have control over how she reacts to that behavior.  None of us have control over others, we can only work to control our reactions to how others act.

In that light, isn't it time that the OP's wife visit a spiritual counselor like a monk at her local wat or perhaps she should see a mental health professional to discuss her own sanity.  It's time that she come to terms with the fact that her own actions may be "egging on" the neighbor and the strain that her demands for unreasonable actions are putting her husband.

14 hours ago, cliveshep said:

To the trolls who want to create talking points - we leave the thread to you and good luck with that!

Just to let you know... Thaivisa rules have always been that the original poster can contact a moderator and request that the thread be closed.

20 minutes ago, bino said:

Just to let you know... Thaivisa rules have always been that the original poster can contact a moderator and request that the thread be closed.

I asked Charlie H to lock the thread - so far it keeps going. How else can I contact a moderator?

Edited by cliveshep

Looks like Charlie is offline now. Have a look at the bottom of the page- "Who's online".

Hover your mouse over any of the red (Mods) or blue (Admin) names that are online now and you will be presented with the option to send them a message. Ask them to close the thread- be sure to copy and paste the URL in the message so that they can find it easily.