Kashiwa Fan

Alex2015

http://www.bigc.co.th/electronics-office/home-appliances/fans/kashiwa-slide-fan-model-cf-co59-3-size-16-inch.html?___store=default&___from_store=mainstore_thai

i bought one of these fans 6 months ago, the blade 'shattered' after 3 months, fortunately the pieces were contained by the guard. I  returned to Big C and after a long discussion, the usual it's only guaranteed a a week then 10 days then a year, do you have the receipt etc. and a comment that the fan was  'cheap money' I said 'cheap money' or not it should last longer than 3 months. I was eventually provided with a new blade, it was taken from a new box as they don't stock replacement blades.

On Sunday same again only this time the guard flew off scattering plastic like 'shrapnel' all over the room, there was a young child, my girlfriend and myself in the room but fortunately we escaped any injuries.

Back to Big C again, I didn't want a replacement blade just to tell them how unsafe the product they sell irrespective if it 'cheap money' or not. Again after a long discussion I was given a number to call which I did but I could not make the person understand what the problem was, I have since emailed the head office, I won't hold my breath waiting for a reply. 

I have had a Hatari fan for over a year, never a problem, both are cleaned regularly., any one else had a similar experience ?

I can't disagree but my argument is they were selling a dangerous product which could have injured some one irrespective of the price, for me yes maybe the motor wouldn't last long but the blade shouldn't shatter after 3 months. It says in the advert made to ISO Standards, which should ensure products and service are safe,reliable and of good quality.

i had a phone call 10 minutes after I emailed the headquarters of Big C, lady bring it back and we will replace it or give you a refund, that's what I call good service.

31 minutes ago, Alex2015 said:

I can't disagree but my argument is they were selling a dangerous product which could have injured some one irrespective of the price, for me yes maybe the motor wouldn't last long but the blade shouldn't shatter after 3 months. It says in the advert made to ISO Standards, which should ensure products and service are safe,reliable and of good quality.

i had a phone call 10 minutes after I emailed the headquarters of Big C, lady bring it back and we will replace it or give you a refund, that's what I call good service.

big C is great on returns. much better than tesco.my girl prefers to shop at tesco but i buy all my bigger items at big C.

3 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

big C is great on returns. much better than tesco.my girl prefers to shop at tesco but i buy all my bigger items at big C.

3 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

Got to disagree, never had a problem at Tesco, Big C start off with opening statement of its only guaranteed for 3 days then change to 10 days when you debate a bit more then they finally say a year and have you got the receipt ? The Girl asked me if I still had the box for the fan, I bought it 6 months ago !

i think it depends on what branch you deal with, when dealing with returns, some times you think the money was coming out of  their own pocket. Some one did say Thais are very non confrontational and wouldn't dream of taking stuff back ?