Farang child not allowed to play for school team

2 hours ago, DLang said:

Not sure about that. I presume you mean 'as it appears'?

3 basic spelling mistakes in 2 short posts.

Yeah, a real pedagogical giant. Thanks for reaffirming to all why nobody should ever send a child to a Thai government school. :)

Give him a chance, DiT is clearly not a Native English speaker, grammar and sentence structure all wrong.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, MissAndry said:

So you think a retired painter and decorator from Bolton should be sending his half white child to International school ........... on his UK government pension? And the point of that would be?

a decent education? but looks like you can't afford it fair enough

7 hours ago, Johnniey said:

How rude, calling anyone that has children in Thailand foolish.

Actually, more than rude, racist. Please justify your statement if you dare.

Admit it, you are an English teacher or a retired plumber on a meager pension pretending to be rich.

I've lived here for over 3 decades, taken 4 kids to school everyday for 20+ years and met MANY  farang with kids.

International schoolkids are usually spoiled brats who grow up disliking their Thai roots due to hearing racial attitudes like yours from kids of the elite.  like being a normal working class guy with normal, grateful kids. 

so funny... nice to see someone defending the Thai education system so good for you!

13 hours ago, ChoakMyDee said:

This is a bit off topic and I apologize, but I've seen a couple references to Trump being a racist; I keep hearing that he's a racist but I haven't seen anything he's said that is racist. Would someone here be kind enough to point me to something he's said recently that is racist? Thanks.

My daughter(half Thai, half farang) goes to a private school here in Hua Hin. It's not an international school but it's a private school so we have to pay of course but the price is very reasonable. It's run by the Catholics and they have these schools scattered throughout Thailand.  It's a good option for people who don't want their kids going to a government school. More to the point though, there are a lot of leuk krung kids there so they are not really ostracized they way they might be at a government school. It's worth considering for people who want better than government education but can't afford international school rates. 

totally agree...  the schools my friends send their Luk Krung kids is under 100,000 a year and far superior class sizes and none of the nationalist brain washing

5 hours ago, DLang said:

He's sending his child to a Thai government indoctrination camp school?

Doesn't he care about her and her education? :blink:

Exactly my point but a few kee-niaw or poor farangs here obviously think Thai schools are centers of excellence and don't want to pay for their Luk Krueng kids. Up to them but not people I'd want know. All of my friends, with Thai kids, send them to private schools to get the very best education and even Thais tell you how bad the education is here.  I guess people will convince themselves of anything to feel good.

5 hours ago, Hardback said:

Back in the mid 90's, two Thai guys lived with us in NZ. They represented our school at table tennis and swept all the awards. In their own capacity, they also went on to take first and second places in the youth provincial championships. They were even celebrated in the local press. Our school couldn't have been prouder of them for making a genuine difference and accomplishment in their (temporarily) adopted country. 

Two farang back then came to Thailand an ended up becoming two of the best Luuk Tung singers and are considered as Thai by Thais

Edited by Johnniey

57 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Exactly my point but a few kee-niaw or poor farangs here obviously think Thai schools are centers of excellence and don't want to pay for their Luk Krueng kids. Up to them but not people I'd want know. All of my friends, with Thai kids, send them to private schools to get the very best education and even Thais tell you how bad the education is here.  I guess people will convince themselves of anything to feel good.

What a pompous ***** 

Pathetic if you judge a man on how much money he has.

I've paid millions for my kids educations and that included some of them going to Thai government schools and top UK universities. 

10 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

Right so they are not 'farang children' as I would assume 'farang children' meant children of two farang parents not half-and-half as you now reveal. Even so if I had kids here (no I would never be that foolish) I would send them to a decent international school  and, yes, I know some farang who have had kids with Thais and they all go to international school. BTW a 'million baht a year' is way off the mark and you are the first farang I have ever met who thinks Thai government schools are acceptable.

Please tell me the international schools name that your friends' kids go to for less than 100k baht a year.

One of my kids went to an international school for 3 years and it was over 400k a year and that was about 14 years ago.

5 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

Please tell me the international schools name that your friends' kids go to for less than 100k baht a year.

One of my kids went to an international school for 3 years and it was over 400k a year and that was about 14 years ago.

http://www.tonklachiangmai.com/#!eng-home/cfd7

sure, many kids of my friends attend this school for less than 100k a year

12 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

What a pompous ***** 

Pathetic if you judge a man on how much money he has.

I've paid millions for my kids educations and that included some of them going to Thai government schools and top UK universities. 

not at all and if you can't afford to educate your kids don't have them!  

BTW "educations"  really???  "millions"  really???  and name those "top UK universities"

BTW I got my Masters from a top 20 UK Uni so interested to learn of your amazing kids and which one they attended or are you making it up?

12 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

not at all and if you can't afford to educate your kids don't have them!  

BTW "educations"  really???  "millions"  really???  and name those "top UK universities"

BTW I got my Masters from a top 20 UK Uni so interested to learn of your amazing kids and which one they attended or are you making it up?

You obv. didn't major in English!

You are making a total twit of yourself, stop while you're down.

Do you have any kids? I doubt it or you would know that they are expensive.

My son, alone, cost me approx 5 million baht to get through all the schools here and one uni in Oz. it was a waste as he turned out a drunk but I gave him the chance.

I pay 13,000 GBP for fees alone for my youngest at the moment.  

You are just using this medium to blow your own trumpet and the reason for that I'm sure is a low self-esteem. 

I ain't going to feed you.

BTW my Uni is only no.29 in the UK and my daughters is only in the 30's. I hope this makes you feel nice.

8 hours ago, DLang said:

yeah 'dissapoint'ing [sic]

All the nessasary [sic] quals, eh. :facepalm:

Somehow I don't think you quite have the knowledge on child education and development that you feel you have.

Do you?

Are YOU a qualified teacher with the qualifications gained in your own country?

Do YOU teach at a Thai public school in Thailand?

39 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Even Tiger Woods was offered to become Thai when he became golfing World Champion....

How strange you should say that.

You realise that with one Thai parent the child automatically becomes a Thai citizen and doesn't need any offers at all, just registration in Thailand or at the Nearest Thai embassy if they are abroad.

9 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Do you?

Are YOU a qualified teacher with the qualifications gained in your own country?

Do YOU teach at a Thai public school in Thailand?

Billd you would be better off asking if pigs can fly!!!! Even then I expect he would argue and want to see the pigs aviation licence.  He is just a elitist, spelling police,  snob IMHO of course.

8 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Billd you would be better off asking if pigs can fly!!!! Even then I expect he would argue and want to see the pigs aviation licence.  He is just a elitist, spelling police,  snob IMHO of course.

I would put him on my ignore list but I like to see what other rubbish he comes up with.

He also has no real idea about education other that what his "farang friends tell him".

If they are anything like him they deserve each other.

Wow.

First I’d like to thank everybody for taking the time to post a response to my original post. As a newbie to both Thailand and Thaivisa, I’m surprised at how the responses to the original post ballooned and spread to include topics such as Obama, Trump, Africa, ceiling repair, Blacks, Adolf Hitler, basketball in the U.K., Fluency in Thai, and probably a few more I’ve omitted. This in itself has been educational.

I will attempt to answer and address each post that has some relevance to the original subject matter and to its many derivatives that I feel may have some value or special insight on my daughter’s situation. Hold tight. I do not expect to keep everyone happy.

“If they attend a school they can [should be able to] represent their school.”-Robblok

A: This is what I think.

“How did your daughter get into a Thai public school without a Thai I.D”-Ima_Farang

A: She was never asked for one.

“I believe that in my school students have to present their school ID in competitions to show they haven't been entered in an age group that they are not eligible for. I'm hoping there has been something lost in translation somewhere as I've never heard of this before and if not its wrong on so many levels.”-Guru

A: Thank you Guru for this reply. Confirmation of age is a possibility. However, I did present her passport which showed her age so I don’t think this was the issue in this case.

“I've never heard of this before and if not its wrong on so many levels.”-Guru

A: I agree.

“As a "farang" teacher working in Thai schools for over a dozen years, I cannot be too encouraging”-Fookhaht

A: Thank you for this insightful post.

“She's a student at that school. If she's good enough for that, she's good enough to be on a sports team. End of.”-Jingthing

A: Thank you. This is also my opinion.

“I’m stunned anyone would send their farang child to a Thai government school”-LannaGuy

A: I respect your opinion and you may be right. My view is one size does not fit all. Each of us tries to do the best we can with what we have, given our unique situation. We may not get it right every time but we can try.

“Not only will your daughter be unable to represent the school team, she will also be unable to gain any recognised certificate to show she attended full time education as a child as they are only available to Thai citizens. They are known as Mor 3 and Mor 6 certificates and are awarded to schoolchildren who successfully complete three years and six years of secondary education respectively.”-Briggsy

A: Thank you for this information. It is new and potentially important news to me.

“On what grounds is your daughter attending the school (it has to be semi-officially) and what are your hopes for her future with no basic educational qualifications?”-Briggsy

A: Two good questions I’m not sure how to answer. The first, I went to the school, I asked can my daughter study here? They said yes. The second, I hope my daughter grows to live a happy life, be a good person, care about others, and be smart enough, and work hard enough, to achieve whatever goals she sets for herself.

“Even here in the jungle football and other sports where one village plays against another village in a proper sporting event every member of the team has to show their Thai ID otherwise they can’t play.”-Nongsangcity

A: Thank you for this helpful reply.

“She is not a Thai citizen and can only attend classes but is not an official pupil.”-Briggsy

A: Wow. Thank you for this observation. This is news to me.

“I rather doubt the veracity of the OP who has no posting history.”-Briggsy

A: This is an unfortunate and surprising statement. And what has veracity got to do with posting history?

“I don't understand why the school selected the child in the first place if she is not allowed by sports regulations to play.”- Bradenroger

A: The school was very supportive. The sports teacher didn’t know she wouldn’t be allowed to play. When she found out she tried multiple times to get the decision reversed. I cannot fault the school for trying to do the right thing. In my opinion they did everything they could to fix the situation within the time constraints.

“We have farang children in teams and all play other schools and competitions with no problem. I hope it was a translation problem”-Deep in Thailand

A: It was not a translation problem. It was a follow-the-rules problem. I hope it was an isolated incident.

SmothB: Thank you for your insightful and helpful post.

“It would be interesting to hear the OP's story. (He may have to make something else up).”-Briggsy

A: Not worthy of comment.

“Teach her the lesson of not quitting just because something does not go her way.”-Clutchclark

A: Done. Thank you.

“The girl was "representing" her school, which she obviously is a member of.”- Morakot

A: Thank you. This was my view.

“She was accepted on the school team it was the people running the competition who refused her.-Moe666

A: Correct.

Sometimes the best lessons in life are the ones that didn't work out the way he had hoped.”-Clutchclark

“The daughter in question cannot be officially enrolled at a govt. school if she is not a Thai national. There will have to be some sort of financial deal or otherwise (e.g. sympathy from local school - some education is better than none) to allow the daughter to attend classes. She cannot receive any sort of Thai high school certificate or diploma showing attainment. It is also noteworthy that the OP with no previous posting history has long since disappeared.”-Briggsy

A: I’ll have to take this line by line. “The daughter in question cannot be officially enrolled at a govt. school if she is not a Thai national.”

A: This is news to me. If you are correct I thank you for this information.

“There will have to be some sort of financial deal or otherwise (e.g. sympathy from local school.”

A: I might not know much, but I do know you are incorrect on this one. There was no financial ‘deal’ above regular school fees, nor was there sympathy. It was simply a matter of “can my daughter come to this school?” Answer: Yes, if she has all the correct papers and transcripts.

“It is also noteworthy that the OP with no previous posting history has long since disappeared.”

A: Disappeared? No posting history? This makes me a bad person who is lies? UbonJoe, an important contributor to Thaivisa, was gracious, kind, and generous enough to help us (mostly through personal messages) when we first came to Thailand and needed help and sound advice to navigate the maze of Thai visas, procedures, and document requirements. I come to Thaivisa to learn. I do not know enough to teach. I hope one day that will change. I hope one day I will not denigrate newbies who come to Thaivisa in search of education.

“Appeal to a higher person.  Thailand is mega stratified socially.”-Boomerangutang

A: Thank you. I’m new to Thai culture but I am seeing this.

“Maybe it is so easy that this falang-child is a quite bad player, and they do not want her, they have better player...... So she is not good enough!!!!”-Glegolo

A: This was not the issue in this case. She was one of the team. The sports teacher wanted her to play. She was denied the right to play based on the competition official’s interpretation of, or understanding of, the rules.

“The organizer saw a foreigner that would give the other team an unfair advantage so banned her.”-Johnniey

A: This is not what I saw or believe. As best as I can ascertain, the top official at the competition ruled that without a Thai ID card, my daughter couldn’t play. I didn’t see or detect any discrimination by the officials except as a by-product of their implementation of what they viewed as the rules.

“A Mor 6 (or Mor 3) certificate is an official government sanctioned certificate that cannot be given to a non-Thai national. The school can issue a letter stating the student has completed and passed the syllabus but this is not an official document.”- Briggsy

A: Again, if this is correct it is news to me. So thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge.

“The point is that regardless of absurd governmental regulations about certification practices, there is no need for the school to arbitrarily discriminant against pupils on the bases of nationality and refusing them to part take in a sports competition. Neither can we use this policy to judge the OP's personal situation as to why he deems this school adequate or inadequate for his child. I certainly would not make such comment, because I have not seen the school and don't know anything so ever about the OP's life. I'm sorry to spell it out so directly, dear Mr Briggsy; I hope you understand my hesitations in agreeing with some of these posts here on this topic.”- Morakot

A: Thank you. A smart, balanced, reasoned and fair reply.

“I don’t see how an ex-pat child can go to a government school without the proper documents”-Ericthai 

A: My daughter went to two Thai government schools. Each time we supplied all requested and required documents to the satisfaction of the school. The move to the second Government school required full ‘transcripts’ and more from the first school. As far as I know my daughter is a full and complete student in the Thai government school system. Mr. Briggsy says that not correct and I can’t refute his opinion because I simply don’t know enough to know if he’s right or wrong. My hope is he’s wrong. But he could be right.

Update:

My daughter has been encouraged to continue practicing and training with the school volleyball team by the school and the sports teacher. I have also encouraged her to continue but have told her it’s her choice. She has decided to continue with the team even if on important occasions she may not be allowed to play.

Again, I’d like to thank everyone for taking an interest in this topic. I am new to Thailand. I do not know the culture. I am extremely aware there is a long learning curve ahead. I thank each of you for helping me move along that curve.

Best wishes,

TG

4 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

http://www.tonklachiangmai.com/#!eng-home/cfd7

sure, many kids of my friends attend this school for less than 100k a year

Looked at this web site. Two important things I failed to see.

1/ A list of the school teachers along with their qualifications and experiance.

2/ The actual fees . 

Edited by nontabury
One other piece of information would have been of help.past school results. Though I think this school is very new,therefore no history.

47 minutes ago, tranquilogringo said:

Wow.

First I’d like to thank everybody for taking the time to post a response to my original post. As a newbie to both Thailand and Thaivisa, I’m surprised at how the responses to the original post ballooned and spread to include topics such as Obama, Trump, Africa, ceiling repair, Blacks, Adolf Hitler, basketball in the U.K., Fluency in Thai, and probably a few more I’ve omitted. This in itself has been educational.

I will attempt to answer and address each post that has some relevance to the original subject matter and to its many derivatives that I feel may have some value or special insight on my daughter’s situation. Hold tight. I do not expect to keep everyone happy.

“If they attend a school they can [should be able to] represent their school.”-Robblok

A: This is what I think.

“How did your daughter get into a Thai public school without a Thai I.D”-Ima_Farang

A: She was never asked for one.

“I believe that in my school students have to present their school ID in competitions to show they haven't been entered in an age group that they are not eligible for. I'm hoping there has been something lost in translation somewhere as I've never heard of this before and if not its wrong on so many levels.”-Guru

A: Thank you Guru for this reply. Confirmation of age is a possibility. However, I did present her passport which showed her age so I don’t think this was the issue in this case.

“I've never heard of this before and if not its wrong on so many levels.”-Guru

“As a "farang" teacher working in Thai schools for over a dozen years, I cannot be too encouraging”-Fookhaht

A: Thank you for this insightful post.

“She's a student at that school. If she's good enough for that, she's good enough to be on a sports team. End of.”-Jingthing

A: Thank you. This is also my opinion.

“I’m stunned anyone would send their farang child to a Thai government school”-LannaGuy

A: I respect your opinion and you may be right. My view is one size does not fit all. Each of us tries to do the best we can with what we have, given our unique situation. We may not get it right every time but we can try.

“Not only will your daughter be unable to represent the school team, she will also be unable to gain any recognised certificate to show she attended full time education as a child as they are only available to Thai citizens. They are known as Mor 3 and Mor 6 certificates and are awarded to schoolchildren who successfully complete three years and six years of secondary education respectively.”-Briggsy

A: Thank you for this information. It is new and potentially important news to me.

“On what grounds is your daughter attending the school (it has to be semi-officially) and what are your hopes for her future with no basic educational qualifications?”-Briggsy

A: Two good questions I’m not sure how to answer. The first, I went to the school, I asked can my daughter study here? They said yes. The second, I hope my daughter grows to live a happy life, be a good person, care about others, and be smart enough, and work hard enough, to achieve whatever goals she sets for herself.

“Even here in the jungle football and other sports where one village plays against another village in a proper sporting event every member of the team has to show their Thai ID otherwise they can’t play.”-Nongsangcity

A: Thank you for this helpful reply.

“She is not a Thai citizen and can only attend classes but is not an official pupil.”-Briggsy

A: Wow. Thank you for this observation. This is news to me.

“I rather doubt the veracity of the OP who has no posting history.”-Briggsy

A: This is an unfortunate and surprising statement. And what has veracity got to do with posting history?

“I don't understand why the school selected the child in the first place if she is not allowed by sports regulations to play.”- Bradenroger

A: The school was very supportive. The sports teacher didn’t know she wouldn’t be allowed to play. When she found out she tried multiple times to get the decision reversed. I cannot fault the school for trying to do the right thing. In my opinion they did everything they could to fix the situation within the time constraints.

“We have farang children in teams and all play other schools and competitions with no problem. I hope it was a translation problem”-Deep in Thailand

A: It was not a translation problem. It was a follow-the-rules problem. I hope it was an isolated incident.

SmothB: Thank you for your insightful and helpful post.

“It would be interesting to hear the OP's story. (He may have to make something else up).”-Briggsy

A: Not worthy of comment.

“Teach her the lesson of not quitting just because something does not go her way.”-Clutchclark

A: Done. Thank you.

“The girl was "representing" her school, which she obviously is a member of.”- Morakot

A: Thank you. This was my view.

“She was accepted on the school team it was the people running the competition who refused her.-Moe666

A: Correct.

Sometimes the best lessons in life are the ones that didn't work out the way he had hoped.”-Clutchclark

“The daughter in question cannot be officially enrolled at a govt. school if she is not a Thai national. There will have to be some sort of financial deal or otherwise (e.g. sympathy from local school - some education is better than none) to allow the daughter to attend classes. She cannot receive any sort of Thai high school certificate or diploma showing attainment. It is also noteworthy that the OP with no previous posting history has long since disappeared.”-Briggsy

A: I’ll have to take this line by line. “The daughter in question cannot be officially enrolled at a govt. school if she is not a Thai national.”

A: This is news to me. If you are correct I thank you for this information.

“There will have to be some sort of financial deal or otherwise (e.g. sympathy from local school.”

A: I might not know much, but I do know you are incorrect on this one. There was no financial ‘deal’ above regular school fees, nor was there sympathy. It was simply a matter of “can my daughter come to this school?” Answer: Yes, if she has all the correct papers and transcripts.

“It is also noteworthy that the OP with no previous posting history has long since disappeared.”

A: Disappeared? No posting history? This makes me a bad person who is lies? UbonJoe, an important contributor to Thaivisa, was gracious, kind, and generous enough to help us (mostly through personal messages) when we first came to Thailand and needed help and sound advice to navigate the maze of Thai visas, procedures, and document requirements. I come to Thaivisa to learn. I do not know enough to teach. I hope one day that will change. I hope one day I will not denigrate newbies who come to Thaivisa in search of education.

“Appeal to a higher person.  Thailand is mega stratified socially.”-Boomerangutang

A: Thank you. I’m new to Thai culture but I am seeing this.

“Maybe it is so easy that this falang-child is a quite bad player, and they do not want her, they have better player...... So she is not good enough!!!!”-Glegolo

A: This was not the issue in this case. She was one of the team. The sports teacher wanted her to play. She was denied the right to play based on the competition official’s interpretation of, or understanding of, the rules.

“The organizer saw a foreigner that would give the other team an unfair advantage so banned her.”-Johnniey

A: This is not what I saw or believe. As best as I can ascertain, the top official at the competition ruled that without a Thai ID card, my daughter couldn’t play. I didn’t see or detect any discrimination by the officials except as a by-product of their implementation of what they viewed as the rules.

“A Mor 6 (or Mor 3) certificate is an official government sanctioned certificate that cannot be given to a non-Thai national. The school can issue a letter stating the student has completed and passed the syllabus but this is not an official document.”- Briggsy

A: Again, if this is correct it is news to me. So thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge.

“The point is that regardless of absurd governmental regulations about certification practices, there is no need for the school to arbitrarily discriminant against pupils on the bases of nationality and refusing them to part take in a sports competition. Neither can we use this policy to judge the OP's personal situation as to why he deems this school adequate or inadequate for his child. I certainly would not make such comment, because I have not seen the school and don't know anything so ever about the OP's life. I'm sorry to spell it out so directly, dear Mr Briggsy; I hope you understand my hesitations in agreeing with some of these posts here on this topic.”- Morakot

A: Thank you. A smart, balanced, reasoned and fair reply.

“I don’t see how an ex-pat child can go to a government school without the proper documents”-Ericthai 

A: My daughter went to two Thai government schools. Each time we supplied all requested and required documents to the satisfaction of the school. The move to the second Government school required full ‘transcripts’ and more from the first school. As far as I know my daughter is a full and complete student in the Thai government school system. Mr. Briggsy says that not correct and I can’t refute his opinion because I simply don’t know enough to know if he’s right or wrong. My hope is he’s wrong. But he could be right.

Update:

My daughter has been encouraged to continue practicing and training with the school volleyball team by the school and the sports teacher. I have also encouraged her to continue but have told her it’s her choice. She has decided to continue with the team even if on important occasions she may not be allowed to play.

Again, I’d like to thank everyone for taking an interest in this topic. I am new to Thailand. I do not know the culture. I am extremely aware there is a long learning curve ahead. I thank each of you for helping me move along that curve.

Best wishes,

TG

Sorry matey, but all this tripe and excuses you have written means nothing because you are missing the point completely.

It`s not a case of a child representing a school but the exact opposite, it`s finding a school that bests represents the child and can fulfill the educational needs of the child and specific requirements.  Thai government schools are geared up for the basic educational requirements of Thai children from the poorer classes, meaning that a child not brought up within the Thai cultural system and for parents expecting a higher level of facilities at a school will be disappointed and the child placed at a great disadvantage, therefore you cannot blame the school for not being able facilitating your child. You are being irresponsible by sending your child to such a school as most parents want the best for their children that does not seem to be in your case.

No excuses, the needs of the child should come first and if you`re not happy with the school then you must seriously consider moving her on to a better educational facility and if unable to afford that, then you should not be in Thailand with your child.

18 hours ago, Miaow said:

My 11 yrs old daughter who was born in Thailand from a Thai mother is not allowed to participate in any english competition like story telling or singing contest even if she has a Thai ID card....

Are you sure. Mine were all allowed to.

I suppose that ! ought to be astonished at the level of cruelty expressed in some of the previous comments to the OP, especially the penultimate one to this post by cyberfarang suggesting that the OP doesn't care for his child.

But having been on the receiving end of acid and caustic and undeserving comments on a post of my own over the last few days I am sadly no longer surprised. No parent likes to see their child rejected on what they might regard as unfair grounds and I feel for the OP and his child. He does not deserve some of the responses he has received.

I also feel he has responded mildly and honestly to all points raised, even the malicious ones, and it is to his credit in doing so. The posters who attacked him, doubting his truthfullness do themselves no favours as they reveal a mean-spirited nature indeed.

I sincerely hope the OP gets a resolution to the issues raised that is entirely to his and his child's satisfaction.

20 minutes ago, cliveshep said:

I suppose that ! ought to be astonished at the level of cruelty expressed in some of the previous comments to the OP, especially the penultimate one to this post by cyberfarang suggesting that the OP doesn't care for his child.

But having been on the receiving end of acid and caustic and undeserving comments on a post of my own over the last few days I am sadly no longer surprised. No parent likes to see their child rejected on what they might regard as unfair grounds and I feel for the OP and his child. He does not deserve some of the responses he has received.

I also feel he has responded mildly and honestly to all points raised, even the malicious ones, and it is to his credit in doing so. The posters who attacked him, doubting his truthfulness do themselves no favours as they reveal a mean-spirited nature indeed.

I sincerely hope the OP gets a resolution to the issues raised that is entirely to his and his child's satisfaction.

quote "The posters who attacked him, doubting his truthfulness do themselves no favours as they reveal a mean-spirited nature indeed.

Sadly Thai Visa has many such posters who cover a wide range of topics. Many of them don't actually have a clue about the subject post but seem to take great delight in insulting and denigrating any poster who dares to disagree with them.

I just put their screen names on my ignore list and most of the time I never get to see their posts.

23 minutes ago, cliveshep said:

I also feel he has responded mildly and honestly to all points raised, even the malicious ones, and it is to his credit in doing so. The posters who attacked him, doubting his truthfullness do themselves no favours as they reveal a mean-spirited nature indeed.

Clive,

No doubt about it...this forum is quite often a very ugly place. Sadly, a large number of male visitors to Thailand have failed to adapt to their new home and want to take it out on everyone. 

There was a study done in 2014 which found everytime someone simply logged onto ThaiVisa their IQ would drop a couple points. When you factor in the loss of additional brain cells from chronic drinking some of the forum members now have barely the intelligence to tie their own shoes...possibly the reason they remain in a place they hate but that they can wear flip-flops every day.

If you want to see where the guys like yourself hang out here at TVF then take a gander at the Photography forum.  Thats where the people who see the Beauty of LOS share it with each other.

Cheers