A difference of opinion - another taxi driver behaving badly story goes viral

webfact

A difference of opinion - another taxi driver behaving badly story goes viral

a2.jpg

Image: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- A video of a taxi driver having an altercation with a foreigner caused the usual online stir this week. 

The clip - that ended up on the Facebook page of Nam Nam Pet - was allegedly recorded by the foreigner who thought that the driver was drunk and driving erratically, reported Daily News.

The land department caught up with the driver a few days later and fined him - for having a red plate, not a proper license plate. 

And he was given three hours "politeness" training too.

The unnamed driver said that he picked up the passenger in the early hours of Sunday morning in Srinakharin, Bangkok and was asked to go to Huay Kwang. 

The roads were empty and he drove at 70km/hour but he alleged that a big bike caused him to swerve. The passenger thought he was drunk and demanded to get out.

He did then there was an argument as the passenger refused to pay saying the driver was drunk.

The driver told Sukree Jaruphoom of the land transport department: "I can't speak English but I understood when he said "STOP!". He wouldn't pay and we argued but in the end I left.

"I wasn't drunk and I didn't use foul language," he said, though he did admit that he was angry and his behavior was inappropriate.

He was fined 2,000 baht for not have a proper license plate, given the three hours training in good manners and a note was made on his record for future reference.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-03

why was he not charged for reckless driving if the video shoes him driving erratically. was the driver sleepy which is made him difficult to concentrate on his driving.

he should have been paid pro-rated amount fir the distance he did drive the passenger.

3 minutes ago, mesterm said:

I'm amazed Taxi drivers think it's okay to drink and pick up passengers. Yes I rode in one such taxi before.

After living in BKK for so many years there's not much what amazes me.

But how can he have a red plate on that old model Altis? Can anybody just make himself a new red licenseplate? 

2 minutes ago, Thian said:

But how can he have a red plate on that old model Altis? Can anybody just make himself a new red licenseplate? 

They sell fake IDs and drivers licenses openly on Khao San. I don't think it'll be too difficult to make a number plate.

1 hour ago, Thian said:

Oh ye of little faith (and jaded) - how can you not be amazed? Just look at TOT advertising "Amazing Thailand"!  :clap2: