Champion Overstayers of the Month - Chonburi immigration announces the latest prize catches

webfact

A guy I know (and in all honesty, it's not me) has overstayed for something like 10 years. His solution is to now marry a Thai girl (he actually got engaged last month) and presumably, continue to live in Thailand on a marriage visa. 

He's a bum for sure, living hand to mouth, no job, surviving on money transfers from his parents in the UK and the occasional "deal" and loans from guys that feel sorry for him (unlikely to be repaid). 

What are his chances of being able to get a marriage visa?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

A guy I know (and in all honesty, it's not me) has overstayed for something like 10 years. His solution is to now marry a Thai girl (he actually got engaged last month) and presumably, continue to live in Thailand on a marriage visa. 

He's a bum for sure, living hand to mouth, no job, surviving on money transfers from his parents in the UK and the occasional "deal" and loans from guys that feel sorry for him (unlikely to be repaid). 

Go airport, pay 20,000,  go out come back,  start again.

no problem if he makes it to the airport :wai2:

12 hours ago, ThailandLOS said:

I suppose their 5 min of fame on national media is sort of a prize.

Some people kill to get on the news you know.

Yes,and get away with it, specially if you are a a Red Bull heir or that girl who killed 7 in a minibus!

Having cleared a >4000 day overstay do I qualify for the Olympics...more seriously there are presumably many longer overstay individuals. I was able to avail of what was in affect an amnesty as the prospect of bans has been so clearly signaled. But while some posters seem to revel in these peoples plight in the scheme of criminality an overstay is low in the scale. 

1 hour ago, Gweiloman said:

Absolutely none!

For people to suggest an overstay is a 'genuine' mistake is BS.

If you have a date where you are to receive some money, for whatever reason, it rarely slips aynone's mind.

When you get a visa, you are advised a date, to either report, or leave and return to continue your stay here.

Surprisingly, this date quite often slips peoples mind ! 

21 hours ago, Briggsy said:

This rather mocking and cynical journalistic style which has recently sprouted up when reporting Pattaya crime news may well lead to some reporters' arrests. Disrespect the cops here at your peril.

Mocking and cynical is a natural progression from amazement and anger. The Pattaya police do little to earn anyone's respect, Thai or foreigner.

20 hours ago, patsfangr said:

HEY AMERICA! WAKE UP! THIS is what you do with people who are in your country illegally!!

I agree but to say so is going against the PC brigade and leaves one open to criticism by the socially correct. (Bleeding hearts)

2 hours ago, Chapelroad said:

For people to suggest an overstay is a 'genuine' mistake is BS.

If you have a date where you are to receive some money, for whatever reason, it rarely slips aynone's mind.

When you get a visa, you are advised a date, to either report, or leave and return to continue your stay here.

Surprisingly, this date quite often slips peoples mind ! 

The only thing you missed is that one has to have a mind in the first place for something to slip.

A troll post has been removed, don't like the topic then move to another but do not leave your negative comment on here for others to reply to, thank you

18 hours ago, onemorechang said:

Always refreshing to see the intolerant,  hang them high brigade,  on TV.

Live long and prosper  :wai2: 

I actually find the delusional losers still living in 1969, alternately pontificating and whining over which of its laws Thailand has the right to enforce and which ones not, more entertaining.

The whole 'lame' thing really seems to have taken the comedy world by storm.

21 hours ago, onemorechang said:

Always refreshing to see the intolerant,  hang them high brigade,  on TV.

Live long and prosper  :wai2: 

I actually find the delusional losers still living in 1969, alternately pontificating and whining over which of its laws Thailand has the right to enforce and which ones not, more entertaining.

The whole 'lame' thing really seems to have taken the comedy world by storm.

2 hours ago, onemorechang said:

Must be exhilarating  to gallop around  on that high horse. :coffee1:

How's the view today ?

Ah yes.  That mellow evergreen refrain wafting up from the criminal element and its sympathizers. Second verse goes something like "only goody twoshoes obey the law in the foreign country where they're a guest", doesn't it?  'Haven't put it all to music yet though?