Could easily be Thailand! Dutchman waits in vain at airport for internet beauty he met online

webfact

Could easily be Thailand! Dutchman waits in vain at airport for internet beauty he met online

p3.jpg

Image: Manager Online

HAINAN: -- A story is wowing the Chinese public about a Dutch man who flew to China and waited in vain for his internet girlfriend to show up at the airport.

Eventually after sleeping out at Hainan Airport for ten days he was carted off to hospital suffering from exhaustion.

It is certainly a story that could have happened in Thailand as many men meet Thai women online after falling in love with the beguiling Thai smile. Though whether Suvarabhumi authorities would put up with such an airport "resident" for ten days is another matter.

Alexander Kurt had flown to China full of hope and expectation that he would meet his love called Miss Jang. They had chatted for two months and things had got romantic but when he arrived at the airport there was no one to meet him. So he waited. And waited.

Hainan TV reported that the somewhat disheveled Kurt refused to leave the airport until he was eventually wheeled off suffering fatigue.

The TV station managed to contact his love interest after the news broke. Miss Jang thought it was all a joke.

"We had some romantic chat," she admitted, "then there was a minor disagreement. The next thing I knew he sent a picture of an airline ticket - I thought he was joking. He didn't contact me again."

But she admitted that while he was at the airport she had gone in for some cosmetic surgery and her phone was actually off.

Most of the Chinese online public called Kurt a Dutch dummy as a hashtag referring to the story trended across social media.

"What a fool for doing this!", one poster said. "Doesn't he know that everything in China is fake!" While another said with a mixture of unkindness and realism: "Maybe she actually went to the airport - took one look at the state of him and turned on her heels back home".

But some sympathized: "He is a genuine guy," said one, "She should not mess with his feelings. If she didn't want to meet him she should have said then he could have gone home".

And another added: "This shows up Chinese "honesty" for what it really is".

But according to Chinese media there was still hope. It was reported that Miss Jang was still considering a meet up when the effects of her cosmetic surgery wore off.

But she will have to hurry - Kurt is due to fly back to the Netherlands this week.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-03

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

One born every minute:cheesy:

Silly bugger, after 10 hours no show, go home put it down to experience.

10 days hells teeth, something missing upstairs.

Waiting at the airport at all--in to town for a drink and a shower.

20 minutes ago, Emster23 said:

Should have happened at Swampy: if she doesn't show up, just head up to departure area, pick one saying bye bye to her tee rak, wait for him to head to passport control, and bingo!

Great humor.

i actually saw this first hand but the initial introduction took place in the basement while awaiting the SkyTrain.

i am not sure the happy suitor understood why she had come to the airport in the first place.

How can he fly 1/2 around world to see some girl and he has no money for a hotel?  Her phone was off... ya right.

He waited 10 days at an airport for an illusion.  

Men are simply suckers for a pretty face. and the pretty faces know it.

How can he fly 1/2 around world to see some girl and he has no money for a hotel?  Her phone was off... ya right.

4 hours ago, Darren palmer said:

Something missing aright, a return ticket maybe

Had she been Thai she would want him to send her the money to buy his ticket on his behalf.

Then he could've waited at home.

FOREVER !!! 

48 minutes ago, GuestHouse said:

Seems to have more parallels with the British government and trade delegation turning up in China hoping for a favourable trade agreement to take home to the Quitwits.

Spoken like true raving remainiac, after losing the vote!

22 hours ago, colinneil said:

The silly part to all this as far as I am concerned is that this guy could have turned this around into a nice vacation instead of spending it 10 days at the airport and in the hospital. He should have gone with a backup plan and perhaps had another one of interest.

Maybe he was just that disparate but to put all your eggs in one basket on someone you just met on the Internet only 2 months ago, is foolish. Rushing there to buy a wedding ring is not normal, and he should have known that. But sometimes Disparate Times calls for Disparate Measures. This time it Backfired!   

17 hours ago, koolkarl said:

I didn't read the part which said he was broke and without money. Just the part he waited at the airport for 10 days for her to show up.

He certainly would have to have a screw loose to travel that far broke. I doubt he could even get in that country without a return ticket and some money. But no doubt in my mind he is a fish out of water their for sure.

On 8/3/2016 at 11:09 AM, colinneil said:

Perhaps he was a plane spotter!

Remember once waiting for a GF from previous visit to LOS at Don Mung after 30 mins and no show, I thought I soon find another, no problem.

Got to hotel, was still unpacking when she just walks into my room... seems she was waiting at the wrong entrance but she soon tracked me down, good job I did not act too quickly in replacing her.:wub: