Bus crash in Tak leaves one dead, 25 injured

webfact

Bus crash leaves one dead, 25 injured

bus-wpcf_728x413.jpg

TAK: -- A Transport Company's bus with 30 passengers on board hit a six-wheel truck and flipped over on its side on Phahonyothin highway early Wednesday, killing one passenger and injuring 25 others.

The No 99 interprovincial bus was traveling from Bangkok to Lamphun when the incident happened at 3 am today near Km marker 549 in Ban Tak district of Tak province.

Killed was a woman who was not yet identified.

The bus driver, Rakpol Upara, is among the 25 people injured.

According to police, the scene of the accident is a Y junction and the bus driver swerved to avoid hitting an oncoming truck.

However the bus hit the side of the truck, and flipped over with its side on the ditch by the highway.

The truck driver was slightly injured.

All were sent to Ban Tak hospital.

Only five were admitted in hospital with serious injuries while others were later discharged after primary treatment.

Exact cause is still under investigation, police said.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/bus-crash-leaves-one-dead-25-injured/

-- Thai PBS 2016-08-03

3 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Phahonyothin, Hwy 1 is a divided highway for most of its length. The only "Y" seems to be shown in this map shot where the road splits to enter Ban Tak Muni.. Not sure how the driver managed to hit an oncoming truck. 

https://www.google.com/maps/@17.0372258,99.0859317,1345m/data=!3m1!1e3

Pray tell, what is the relevance of you comment that you dont know how the accident happened???

41 minutes ago, sandgroper2 said:

Pray tell, what is the relevance of you comment that you dont know how the accident happened???

If I may. It is a divided highway, head on collisions are not common. It was an accident that was reported without much detail. Will that do for now? I assume you looked at the map?

45 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

If I may. It is a divided highway, head on collisions are not common. It was an accident that was reported without much detail. Will that do for now? I assume you looked at the map?

Ratcatcher many people do not know how to read a map. 

16 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

OK then,I concede, it is important that readers of TV know,and care,  that you do not know how the accident happened.