visa overstays

Well iam very pleased and relieved to say my visa trip went fine thanks to the advice received above. 500km ride combined with only 30 mins at the border (did not even cross it physically) Iam now in possession of a 30 day visa exempt stamp.

However! I was told at immigration, very politely may i add, that strictly speaking as i have had a 60 day SETV combined with a 30 day extension and a further 7 day extension my stay without leaving the country has exceeded 90 days and strictly speaking iam not entitled to a visa exempt (news to me). The immigration officer was extremely polite but lacking ih English and this is how i understood what he described. He did however speak to his superior whom agreed to grant me the visa exempt despite this and there we have it. Thank you Ban Pakkan immigration. Iam not sure if i understood correctly or if this will affect me having a 30 day extension on this stamp, i will check with Chonburi immigration tomorrow as i did not want to bother this guy after his kind gesture. Either way its Nong Khai for a SETV next time in either a month or hopefully 2 months.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, kurtcap said:

Well iam very pleased and relieved to say my visa trip went fine thanks to the advice received above. 500km ride combined with only 30 mins at the border (did not even cross it physically) Iam now in possession of a 30 day visa exempt stamp.

However! I was told at immigration, very politely may i add, that strictly speaking as i have had a 60 day SETV combined with a 30 day extension and a further 7 day extension my stay without leaving the country has exceeded 90 days and strictly speaking iam not entitled to a visa exempt (news to me). The immigration officer was extremely polite but lacking ih English and this is how i understood what he described. He did however speak to his superior whom agreed to grant me the visa exempt despite this and there we have it. Thank you Ban Pakkan immigration. Iam not sure if i understood correctly or if this will affect me having a 30 day extension on this stamp, i will check with Chonburi immigration tomorrow as i did not want to bother this guy after his kind gesture. Either way its Nong Khai for a SETV next time in either a month or hopefully 2 months.

Thanks for the update. Good to see it all worked out. If you can, please update the thread about getting a 30 extension in a month as all good info. :)

11 hours ago, rhodie said:

Thanks for the update. Good to see it all worked out. If you can, please update the thread about getting a 30 extension in a month as all good info. :)

Went to see them today and although telling me i was lucky to have got the visa exempt stamp strictly speaking i have now only re-entered the country again so 30 day extension is no problem.

• Like 1

On 4.8.2016 at 3:35 PM, kurtcap said:

500km ride combined with only 30 mins at the border (did not even cross it physically) Iam now in possession of a 30 day visa exempt stamp.

(my underline) Can you elaborate on this? I have been wondering for a long time if it is possible to exit Thailand and turn around in the neutral zone and enter Thailand, thus avoiding all visa fees and stickers and stamps of the neighboring country.

2 hours ago, ChristianPFC said:

(my underline) Can you elaborate on this? I have been wondering for a long time if it is possible to exit Thailand and turn around in the neutral zone and enter Thailand, thus avoiding all visa fees and stickers and stamps of the neighboring country.

I am pretty sure part of the service was the Cambodian visa. He just had someone to do the leg work for him for a fee. For sure, you cannot legally get a new entry stamp at the border with Cambodia without a Cambodian visa plus entry and exit stamps. If you somehow achieved this, you would be at high risk of trouble in future.